main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Anniversary

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Keep April 26 open everyone. We will be celebrating our first anniversary as a Fanforce. I know, it's hard to believe it's been a year since we became official. *tear comes to eye* We've done so much and met so many people. I would like to take this time to thank everyone who has been involved in the Fanforce, it wouldn't be here without all of you.

Anyway back to the idea to celebrate for this event. I've decided to do a Pow Wow. My dad will be helping with it. He knows alot about Mountain Manning and other survival things. He is willing to teach us a few pointers and also to show off all of his gear that he has.

I need to find the address that this will be held at. Also if you have any problems with fires or people starting them, please let me know because we will be learning how to start fires using many different ways, and no not with rubbing 2 matchsticks together. ;)

I'd like to get a count though of how many people plan on attending. Also if you have any young people/kids that wish to see this stuff as well, bring them along but please let me know so I can plan for it.

2. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I thinks that a pow-wow thingy would be the coolerest.

ed. misread the first post.
    frio

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Okay the time will be at 3:00 p.m. at 3650 West 4400 South in West Valley. On April 26.

The easiest way to get there is getting off of the 215 exit on 4700 South and head West til you reach 3600 West. Turn North or right until you come to a somewhat intersection. Turn left there and there is a church house on your right. We will be in the back area the gate will be opened and there will be plenty of parking.

We will be having Peach Cobbler and homemade ice cream. I hope to see you all there. :D

4. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    cool mary..you're a peach. er serving peach..er...my its still late.

5. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Can a visitor from Chicago Force drop in too?
    I'm going to be out there in Utah for the BYU graduation.

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Visitors? Do we allow visitors? Of course we do, for some reason Texans keep dropping by here. Craziness I tell you. ;)

7. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    That would be cool! The more visitors the better!

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    It might have something to do with the fact that Texas keep getting invited to drop in. :p

9. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    So are you telling me that when I go out there I'll be running into....Texans?

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well we hope not. :p They just tend to pop in from time to time.

11. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    I move into my new place at that time and I also have to be home for my WHITE GLOVE CHECKING CHECK.... YUCKY :'( plus my daddy will be in town.

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    so? Bring him with, it will be fun. :D

13. frio_carr

May 25, 2002
    /me will be there barring unforseen events.

I may be a little late I have to help my sister and brother-in-law move.

but I will make my token appearance.

frio.

14. AliKatKelts

AliKatKelts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    I'm planning on coming, and this time there's no wedding shower, wedding, or even baby shower to take up my saturday afternoon. :)

15. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    mabey my new kilt will have arrived by then!

16. frio_carr

May 25, 2002
    allen...
    you're a kilt-wearer also?!

J/K I don't own a kilt.

been thinking about it though

17. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Of course!!! Most noble form o dress know to mankind. After all, a man in a kilt is a man and a half! Gie' me a soft breeze about my knees, a clean sword, and a clean foe to thrust it into. Damnation! What I would not give for a flagoon of wine!

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    gee, if Allen comes in a kilt, I think I might be underdressed in leathers and mountain man shirts.

19. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    hmmm, if I come I was planning on wearing a Chicago Force t-shirt & jeans. I'm going to look so out of place! :D

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm not sure you want to see how crazy some of my outfits happen to be. :D

21. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Kilts, Texans, crazy outfits aside, I do hope to be there and meet all of you. Right now the only obstacle I can see would be transportation, and I'll be working on that between now & then.

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I hope you are able to get transportation, when are you coming again? We can plan a party. :D

23. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I'll be out there this coming weekend for the BYU graduation. The big move won't be until spring or summer of next year. I figure I'll be making at least one more trip there between graduation & the move but not sure exactly when that will be.

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Make sure to give us a heads up when you are coming out this way. So will you be moving to Provo or Salt Lake?

25. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Salt Lake, that's why I popped up on this board so I could get to "meet" other SW fans before I move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.