April Anniversary

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    you want me to bring my daddy?

Hmmm... ok.. what time and where??? :)
  2. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    AE- I don't know where you'll be or anything but if you let me know about where you're at, I might be able to swing by and pick you up on my way there.

becky
  3. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The time and location are posted a few posts up and also at the event thread in the witches area.
  4. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the offer greenmayo. I'll let you know later OK?
  5. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Witches? did I miss something?
  6. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    If I remember correctly Allen, you're not into EU at all. The witches come from there. See Amy (Pounce) for details. :)
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A few of them have become members, whether they like it or not ;). and I needed to let them know of it.

If it rains, we are still going through with it, everytime we canceled because of rain, the day was nice and we were too lazy to try and move. We are not going to move it. :D
  8. frio_carr Jedi Knight

star 3
    A-E I'll be comming up from southern utah. If you want a ride I be more than happy to.
  9. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah Im one of those movie-only-cannon guys. Im still confused...I supposed it's not exactly wicked witch of the west (of mos espa) we're talking here hunh? --- ahhh found the link- You girls looks so adorable! If you werent bristling with blasters, staffs, knives and other imprements of man-pain I'd want to give you all a hug! So its a RPG group? I have a funny story about my first and only RPG/LARP thingy I went to, if anyone is that bored enough to read it.
  10. frio_carr Jedi Knight

star 3
    *leans forward in anticipation*
  11. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Will it put us to sleep? ;)
  12. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Could I get a head count of how many people plan on coming to the Pow Wow this weekend? Yes, I'm just paranoid that no one is going to show up and I'll be stuck with cobbler and ice cream.
  13. frio_carr Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there but I'm going to be a little late. I'm going out to lunch with an old coworker. I'll probably be there around 3:30ish.
  15. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As long as you are there, that's all that matters.
  16. AliKatKelts Jedi Knight

star 2
    One, maybe two. My mother still hasn't told me if she's just going to drop me off, or going to stay and embarrass me :) :p
  17. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If it helps, my dad will be there as well. Course he'll be in costume. [face_blush]
  18. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    ok heres the RPG/LARP story... this was about 2 1/2 years ago... I had this assosiate at work who had this group that did this kinda stuff with all the time (he was never seen without some kind of source book(s) under his arm. Well I am pretty well read in fantasy type stuff - when I was younger I read a ton of the Dragonlance series, read LOTR multiple times as well as the Shannara series- so I'm not completley ingorant at the stuff. That and most of my adult life I've studied and practiced various types of swordplay. So after much pestering and pleading he convinced me to join in on one of their gatherings- this particular one was one where you actually fight with either padded "swords" or the bamboo wasters and the spell guys have to recite all the little words ect... This one was supposed to be a big deal as like 3 different groups were all combining for this thing. We all met at this guys house and he had all the rooms decorated as various places in the game ect. I didnt know but everyone was supposed to show up in costume, i show up with a t-shirt and khakis and my waster. So instantly i was on the bad side of all the die hards (which was pretty much all of them) I then spent the most confusing hour of my life making up this guy that didnt exist and rolling more dice in one hand than i have ever seen before. I never knew but there is a 100 side die. Whoda thunk. Anyway so since this was my first thing my lil guy was super weak and practially naked (all these other guys had the same character for years at a time and were uber goliath-esque.) So they started the game and I kept pissing people off by not playing right, not referring to my character in the first person, ect. So there was this one guy who was the king RPG guy- had been doing this thing the longest and had the toughest character. Really irritating- anyway I thought to my self I'd relly like to hit him- and then I though - Oh wait, I can! So 'my character' picked a fight with him - of course everyone laughed because we had just started and my charcter only had a wooden club and his had some rediculous Mega Diamond Mithril Edged Super Non-Brekable Extra Cool Guy Sword ...and matching armour. This was to be the first duel of the game. There is a fundamental problem with doing these live fights...in reality; I know what Im doing with a sword. So they clear a space and we square off and begin- within 3 seconds I've whacked him several times and hes now on the floor swearing at me in elvish (i think- its a little rusty)he starts screaming that I cant do that cause Im just a little pip squeak and hes got the Mega Diamond Mithril Edged Super Non-Brekable Extra Cool Guy Sword ...and matching armour. I said, yeah but youre on the floor and im not. Well needless to say I was outnumbered and asked to leave the house cause I wouldnt play 'right'. Whats the point of doing live action if you can do what you can do? anyway- thats my funny story... I later heard that the guy I hit broke his finger...not because i hit it but after I left he punched the wall and broke it- hehehe - aint I a stinker?
  19. frio_carr Jedi Knight

star 3
    rotflmao

edit: thanks for posting that.
    If I had to lean forward any longer my back would have broken.
  20. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I remember that story, you told that at the very first meeting. [face_laugh] Wow, that was so long ago.

So you coming tomorrow Allen?
  21. Tori_Dakk Jedi Knight

star 2
    lol Allen I remember that story too.

I can't make it Saturday, I gots a job and I'm working on my corner from 8-2pm and then my dAddy is taking to me to Tocanus... whatever that spelling is,....

22. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    you know Trish, when you say you are working your corner, it really implies something else you know. :p
  23. frio_carr Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Allen, I love that story, it brought me much joy. It reminded me of my old laser tag days when the "men" thought that just because I was a girl that I wasn't a challenge...little did they know. Many men were humbled...bwahahaahhaha!!!! Don't you just love betting people at their own game?

and where can I find this fabled 100 sided die?
  25. kita_pounce Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks SO MUCH to Mary and her dad for the AWSOME party today! It was a blast! and all of you that missed it should be ASHAMED of yourselfs!! We had a ton of fun and YOU MISSED OUT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Thats right I know your kicking yourself now! LoL! Thanks again Mary and make sure to tell your dad thanks for me! I had so much fun!!
    Kita
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.