main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL April Costume Club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    After polling the Costume Club participants...and checking with Emma and Lionel.....we will be moving Costume Club back to Sunday....

So...for April:

Date: April 2, 2006
    Time: 1:00 pm-ish...Femme...I know that you might be a little later..

Project: Finishing up the X-Wing Flak vest...or getting as near to finish as possible....

May project: Leatherworking....101....Lionel...you are on for this one...I have all of my Jedi Belt supplies ready...but don't want to move forward without your help....

We will also be looking for ideas for future meetings....

2. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Since this is up I got a question. Dose anybody know how to make the Clone Trooper belt the right way? Because I'm getting some armor from a friend of mine that needs fixing up and that I can take care of. The belt however needs to be made and all i got are molds of it.

Any idea's?

3. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    So...just trying to understand here because it sounds like this is an atypical situation.

You got clone armor but didn't get a belt so the guy sent you a mold? What kind of mold? Pics?

4. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Ditto Goat.....most armor orders that I have heard of include everything...if you are missing a belt...I would check back with who you bought if from...perhaps they just forgot to include that piece.....

5. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Sorry about the slow response. I just got the armor Tuesday and this is what it came with for the belt.

[image=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y123/badkarmajmc/HPIM1951.jpg]

The good news is that I can make the belt from scratch. The bad news is that the rest of the armor is to small for me plus its made from a real thin plastic. It was given to me buy a FF friend from California. Thank god I didn't have to pay for this.Except I have to buy him a couple of beers at Dragoncon.

6. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    FYI that is not a mold. That's a vacuform pull.

Good luck on your CT.

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Yea! for Sundays. I should be able to make at least part of this, although I may be sitting in the corner doing handwork while you play with leather.

~H~

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Welcome back, Heather!

I'll still need to work on the flak vest. I'm slow.

9. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Off topic, but oh well

Pictures!

http://groups.msn.com/LadyFeathers/rome.msnw?Page=1

These are roughly in order. This is only about half of what I have, plus I need to get a bunch from the three other cameras that were on the trip. At a certain point I had to start conserving battery, so I didn't take photos knowing I could get it later (like the Trevi Fountain). There was also stuff we couldn't photograph, and I didn't get any of the last day when we ran through 5 churches. I'll post an update once I have everything worked out.

People you'll see in these photos: Chris (my dad), Robyn (my sister), Heather (me), Heather (my sister's friend) and Amy (my sister's friend). There's only a few of me here since this was my camera.

~H~

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Great pictures. I especially like the She-Wolf (I'm mad on Romulus and Remus) and Robyn at Pompeii.

[face_chicken]

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Extremely jealous Heather! Awesome!

I am also glad we went back to Sunday....I think it is a little more "laid back"...

Costume Club for April will still be the vests....

I would like to see them get nearer to being finished before we "move on" and I know that Carrie needs to use a machine...I will bring my machine for Carrie to use.....

And....may bring my new project....ok...I have more than one project in the works....

But may bring this project to have Lionel help me trim...or at least mark for trimming....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/schphgochi/detail?.dir=1621&.dnm=83fcscd.jpg&.src=ph

12. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Wow! Is that a TE suit?

13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    TE?
    Actually, it is a set of regular Stormtrooper Armor that I won on e-bay....the guy lived in South Bend, IN...so I knew I could pick it up....he included a LOT of extras...and the stuff looked to be good quality...which it is....I honestly don't know where the seller got it....
    The bucket even has the fans and a mic system in it....and the proper "ANH" blue stripes are on it....I have to put the "smile" on...I may cut out the parts in the smile that are black and put black mesh in from behind...so you get a little extra ventilation in the helmet and it still looks good...I have seen others do that...and I know that Lionel put a lot of ventilation in Emma's Clone helmet..and you really can't see it unless you are looking for it....

all things considered...I gave up on the Episode III Clonetrooper...not too many places you can get it....and...well....you know that story...[face_beatup]

14. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Ok, so April will be working on vests again, and I assume some general sewing as needed for various projects. Do I need to bring one or more machines? I'll be coming in from St.Louis (again) so I can just throw a machine in the car and it can sit there until the meeting on Sunday afternoon.

Also, what are the odds that Lionel/Emma will let me bring my dog to the meeting? She's an uberchicken and will probably just sit under my chair the whole time, but bringing her would eliminate the need for me to go to my apartment to drop her off and then drive back to the south side. Although on a Sunday the traffic wouldn't be too bad. Eh, we'll see - hopefully I'll get up early enough so it won't be a problem.

Starting at 1 pm? 2 pm?

~H~

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I will be there at 1:00 pm...
    A machine would be a good thing...
    I would send Emma a pm about the pooch.....I don't want to speak for them...
    ;)

16. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Can someone send me directions so I can figure out how to get to the meeting? I would LOOOOVE to attend! It's totally up my ally :] (If that's alright with everyone. I'm still new to the boards, but would like to become familiar with everyone as soon as humanly possible so I don't feel so awkward! haha) Anyway, directions would be awesome. Yaay!

-Mary

17. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    PM sent...

;)

18. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Don't let daylight savings screw you up. It begins 2 A.M. on the second of April.

19. Moy

Jun 29, 2005
    Would it be too late for me to start a flak vest this coming week? And if it isn't, is there any specific fabric I could get so I could work on it at the meet-up? I always wanted to make a rebel pilot outfit and this would be a great opportunity! I have some other costumes I want to work on but the rebel pilot would be the best choice since other people are working on it too :]

20. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I bought too much fabric. I was going to make some banners with the excess, but let's be realistic, I will in ten years. I'll bring it if you are interested. Phyllis has the patterns. I doubt it's too late esp. if you have a machine at home to play catch up.

21. Moy

Jun 29, 2005
    That would be AMAZING if you brought it with you. I would be grateful :] Just let me know how much it was so I can pay for it! This saves me a trip to the fabric store and worrying about what fabric I need. And it's extra excellent that there will be a pattern available!

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up for daylight savings time....
    completely forgot about that....

23. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    and
    doh.....

Moy....now I know who you are....you were the blonde Stormtrooper at the Zahn Booksigning....right?

Sorry I didn't recognize the name/post at first....
    I will do my best to try to remember the "Dressing a Galaxy"....
    I will also bring the pattern....I think there was a post in our other "Flak Vest" thread for the site for the intructions....

24. Moy

Jun 29, 2005
    Haha yeah I was the blonde stormtrooper at the Zahn booksigning :]

I understand if you don't remember the book, or the pattern-I'm sure you have plenty to bring already! But if you manage it, I would be sooo greatful.

Thanks again, Phyllis!

-Mary

25. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I was the Imperial Officer/Imperial Secretary (Imperial Secretary =skirt...lol) at the Zahn Booksigning....

I just purchased a set of Stormtrooper armor off a guy in South Bend (he is 6' tall...I am 5'4") - and I have like a gazillion questions on how to scale/cut the pieces to fit me....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.