Knox, TN April FanForce meeting - moved to April 16

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    The next meeting for Knoxville FanForce will be Friday April 16th at 7:00pm at Mr. Gatti's on Kingston Pike. As always, if anyone needs directions or has any questions, feel free to post here, PM, or email me.

See you there!

edit/ --> by request, just a note that the meeting will be held on the 16th. :)
  2. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well... I'd love to make April my second meeting, but that being Easter weekend, I won't be in town. :( Oh well, have a great time and I'll be looking forward to the May meeting :)
  3. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't even think about that at all. If this is going to be a problem for other folks then I can just re-schedule for the next week (the 16th). As I said I am not certain whether I can make it or not, but there's about a 90% chance I will still be on my current schedule then. If not, I will likely be off by 7:30 and can make it there by about 8:00 if I fly like a banshee to get there.

Anyway, just let me know and I'll change it.
  4. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    16th would probably be better, if you are late we can always move the meeting somewhere that stays open a bit later if need be.
  5. TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    The 16th definitely sounds better for me as well...
  6. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    We missed you John! Hope to see you at the next one.
  7. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay well I'll PM an admin to update our meeting time. By changing the time this early, no one will be mistaken about it. Thanks also for letting me know so soon, I apprecitate it.

April 16th, 7:00 at Mr. Gatti's it is.
  8. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yay! I can make the 16th. Sounds good to me :)
  9. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hey all! :)

I have posted your meeting information on the FanForce website, just in case any folks from the Knoxville area run across it.
  10. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Minacia, thanks a lot! I totally forgot that I needed to let you know when we are having meetings but you got it for me.

"You saved my again!" ;)
  11. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    btw, whats up with the main board...
  12. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    April fool's day setup.. It's just a tad bit early, but oh well, I guess it's not on the other side of the international date line.
  13. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh crap it is April fools day....
  14. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I didn't even know until a few days ago, but Kill Bill Volume 2 comes out on the 16th and I figure I'll catch that either before or after the meeting. If any of you guys want to go let me know and we'll figure something out. If you didn't see Volume 1 it comes out on video on the 13th so you can either grab that (like I will) or I can show you mine when I get it.

It's corny as all get out and over-the-top cartoonishly violent but as long as you watch it like it's a comedy it's actually pretty good. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to see it, but I thought I'd throw the invitation out there anyway. Just let me know.

EDIT: I thought I'd just do an edit for the heck of it. :D
  15. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, hey that sounds cool, I'm in, I will have to watch the first one before hand though, I kept missing it.
  16. TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    I have absolutely *no* interest in a Quentin Tarantino movie... go after the meeting... :D

Fenn
  17. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    That's cool Fenn. Like I said it's not for everybody, but the same can easily be said for Star Wars. When I was talking about going before the meeting I meant an early show like 4 or 5 (or earlier because I'm off all day) and then doing the meeting. Either way, it shouldn't interfere with it.

So one in and one out, any other takers?
  18. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be happy to join in. Besides, we're living in Tarantino's home town, I'm both a suporter and a fan of him. Count me in.
  19. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    YAY!!! One more, any other takers? What time is it, and is someone going to pick the tickets up early? Since I worked good Friday I got comp time, which I am taking this friday so I will get off work 4 hours early which would be... 1? so anytime after 2:30 is cool with me.
  20. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    No scheduling information (or movie line-up) is available from Carmike or Regal yet for Friday, so there's no way to get the tickets yet. Don't worry, I'm sure that will be available some time this week and I'll get tickets as soon as I can.

If Carmike 10 gets the movie I'll probably go there to see it. They got Volume 1, they don't get anywhere near as slammed as the West Towne Regal does and frankly they are just a better theater IMO. I mean if it is going to be a problem we can always go to another theater but that is my preference.

Sound good?
  21. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just point me in the right direction and I will go anywhere (btw which one is carmike 10) Do they use fandango, so I can make sure I have a ticket?
  22. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Carmike 10 is across from Knoxville Center/East Towne Mall. I think I will check on this tommorrow but as far as I know they don't sell advance tickets. As I said before they don't get nearly as busy as most of the the theaters in West Knoxville, but just in case I will get the tickets as early as I can.

Right now this isn't an issue. There are no theaters listing their Friday schedules so I have no idea who will get it or anything so we'll just have to be cool until then... Just like Fonzie is. :D
  23. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Normally if they don't set up for advanced ticket sales, then ticket times are determined and posted by the tuesday (tomorrow) before opening day. (My uncle works at the Knox area Regal home office, but he doesn't determine movie times or locations so I'm not much help there.) Carmike Center/East Town currently has their times posted but I would imagine the rest would be posted by tomorrow. I personally have no problem with East Town, although I've never been there and it is a bit farther then West Town. But I'll drive anywhere to see it so whatever is most convinient to everyone else is fine with me. Here are the Carmike East Town times, which are avaliable for purchasing now:
    12:30 | 1:00 | 4:00 | 4:30 | 7:00 | 7:30 | 10:00 | 10:30
  24. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just tell me a time and i will buy it off of fandango
  25. YodasQueen Jedi Knight

star 1
    The 4 is good for me btw
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.