Tucson APRIL FIRST MEETING... no fooling

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by thatsMISTERwookiee, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Since there has been talk on other threads about meeting on the weekend of April 1-2, I thought I'd make a thread so everybody can know about it.

I have no problem with April 1, Saturday, either early afternoon or late afternoon/early evening. April 2nd is a no-go for me and for Boga, if I "walk" through it, it may "jog" my memory as to why.
    As for location, ONLY IF Cat is "up" for it, I have to go with the Cat's house.(Forgive me, I just love calling it that:D )

(Hey, Jack, what is with all the "quotation marks"?:confused: Oh, no, I did it again!)
  2. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the date is fine. I'm just not wanting to burden Cat right now with having the meeting at her house.

Bookman's looks like it is available on the 1st after 4:30pm. I'll email them and ask.
  3. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe she will be fine, in fact I have just talked to her...she actually prefers having it at OUR house so she dont have to get into a car, drive, get out of a car, and walk to the meeting spot. Her doctor concurs.

So the meeting is on for Saturday the 1st, at 536 S. Stephanie Loop in vacinity of Sentinel Peak ,"A" Mtn.
  4. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, having confirmed this with Cat I agree. I'll tell Bookmans to skip it.
  5. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Now all we need is the time to show up...
  6. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    I think 4am would be good . . . April Fools! :p

Afternoon please. I'm not a morning person.

Is 4pm good for folks?
  7. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, then it sounds like it is official:

April 1st
    The CAT House
    4:00pm

Please bring a drink or food item to stuff your fellow fan forcer's mouth so that we can then discuss the forth coming agenda. :p
  10. FORCEinept Jedi Knight

star 1
    Um, I'm not at all sure where "the cats" house is. Directions? I'm on the south east side, by santa rita.
  11. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I posted the addy and vacinity above, but I will post it again.

536 S. Stephanie Loop....Take Congress west past the fwy, and make a left on Sentinel Peak Dr/Rd then another left on Steph. Loop. Look for a white Pathfinder with Imperial Cogs.
  12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    looking forward to seeing all the new faces at this meeting. if you have any ideas for what business you want to discuss.. by all means.. post it here and let's get it on the agenda.

any ideas for food?
  13. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    also, if you need some help with any costuming and or props assistance..bring what you've got and well take a look to get'er done!

I say lets keep it simple and order pizza!!! or we can do brats, or burgers...if someone wanted to make potato salad...I wouldnt complain...some more of the special brownies sounds great too!! [face_love]
  14. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    C A T ! ! !

Welcome Home!

As for food ideas what do YOU want?

Some quick thoughts on our next meeting (OK some I just woke up rants)

I think the taking of pictures with the kids and charging donating the profits should be discussed.

Wrangling, who's doing what and whome will be in costume ( I know this is on the board but just a recap).

Also, for those people that have never done this just a primer as to what to expect.

What Mugen and I found out up at the DSG.

Carpooling (parking is always a problem).

AFTER the next few functions we should think about what our quota is for how many functions we do a year.

etc, sorry still morning stupid.

15. MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Master

star 4

It's actually Cuesta Dr...it doesn't become Sentinel Peak Rd until a block up the street
  16. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Ill be there, and Ill bring the potato salad!
  17. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4

PIZZA!

I'm going to "contribute" 4 large pizzas(Papa John's) to the meeting. Let me know what toppings to get.
  18. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll bring some sweet stuff (and I don't mean just myself) [face_batting]
  19. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    One with Everything the other with all meat for us carnivores
  20. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTFLMAO!!!! [face_laugh]

1 Piz with Italian Sausage..pweeese! [face_batting]
  21. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    And, of course, one pepperoni pizza for the Darth Cat ("She's more machine than human." - Obi-"Doom & Gloom" Kenobi
  22. Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_talk_hand]

:p

I'll bring something . . .
  23. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Since you requested it, I'll make some special brownies.
  24. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    you read my mind!! I'll unhook from my electronic charging pack for long enough to enjoy the pizza for sure.

Hal.. all that sounds good.. I know Jada and she is watching this and making notes as we type.. she will have us an agenda we can work with based on what we are bringing up.

I just want to make sure we all know where we stand on all of our spring events. the Phoenix one with the DSG for MS on April 8th.. and the March of Dimes one on April the 22nd.. I believe it is.. and let you know I am still working on the Relay for Life event.. I do know they are still looking for volunteers for this event if anyone can give any of their personal time outside of the Fan Force to this event.. I so would love to do it( the whole event) but just no way with my current condition.. or so I am told, and of course Dustin's Family's PKU May event as well.

No update yet on the Library.. but Dustin and I will report to you what we did find out from the library in general terms.

Also.. just in case anyone was waiting to ask till later.. the wedding is still on.. I feel good enough now that I think all should really be good in time to walk down the aisle.. probably need to talk to Chris about his mother in law and what to expect on that.. unfortunately.. I am not allowed to go to the material stores at this time to look at patterns and such as that.. but in a few weeks I will be able to do this.. and at that time am hoping to get some thoughts.. though don't want to wait to the last minute with my situation as it is.. I really can't do anything until at least mid April on this subject.

also.. I am hoping to let us know what the plan is on the RPG at this next meeting. Hoping we are back on track.. I so enjoyed the meetings we had.. I don't want to not have this.

I know the guys have been working on costumes and props.. by all means set up a date to have a prop party if you are so inclined.. we can discuss that as well.

someone mentioned halloween props.. start thinking now.. if you have solid ideas (I don't incidentally) then bring them up at the meeting and also check out the cost of your idea and be able to inform us of what it entails so we can get a running jump on Halloween.

That's all I can think of for the moment.
  25. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I guess I will bring some soda..........PEPSI and Diet PEPSI come to mind.......anyone besides Mugen want something else?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.