JCC April Fools' Pranks

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  2. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    We are all fools, and life is the prank being played on us.
  3. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
  5. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
  6. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I was going to post how someone on the SWC board thought Wookieepedia going to a subscription-paid service was real and not an April Fool's Day joke, but after doing some more reading it turns out it's apparently a real thing.
  7. Volderon Force Ghost

star 4
    Lol wut.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    My most vivid April Fools prank memory is still the two radio DJs who said that one of our city parks, especially the hills, were built on nuclear waste and it was getting ready to explode. Well, you can imagine the reaction and in the fallout the two DJs lost their jobs.

Nothing before or since has caused that much panic, not even 9/11 (and we're a military town).
    Last edited by Juliet316, Apr 1, 2014
  9. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Last edited by Ender Sai, Apr 1, 2014
  10. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    That one was 'not paying attention as I was typing fast.':oops: The 'to' should not have been there.
  11. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

That's hard to believe.
  12. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 7
    my fave is the new fast-talkin', high-powered tea party lobbyist character that @Jabbadabbado has introduced. as if any washington lobbyist, (even one sitting at the "conservative" kiddie table for poking at the base), would be dumb enough to fart around a star wars message board posting about his job?
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  14. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    That one where the DJs nearly lost their jobs for telling people they had water in their taps, except they called water by its technical compound name.

That was funny until it was depressing.
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Depressing as in how depressing our standards of education have come if people don't realize that H2O = water?
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  16. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    It is? Dammit! I've sealed up the well for nothing! Now I have to brush my teeth with iced tea.
  17. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Uh, the technical IUPAC name for water is water. It's sufficiently ubiquitous to be an exception. "Dihydrogen monoxide" is only ever used for jokes.

Edit: Furthermore it's hard to lament people's lack of awareness of the meanings of chemical nomenclature when the media more or less consistently presents chemicals as a universally bad thing, reserves IUPAC nomenclature for dangerous materials, and generally enjoys whipping the public into a frenzy over anything that isn't "natural" - as if natural compounds don't have terrifyingly long chemical symbols.

tl;dr - I am mad about chemistry.
    Last edited by Ramza, Apr 1, 2014
    Jedi Merkurian and Penguinator like this.
  18. Mr. K Moderator Emeritus

star 5
  19. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Okay, yes, that name was used.
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Juliet, as a obvious fan of April Fools pranks, what is your opinion of those ********* who choose to spoil pranks rather than just play along with them to prolong the amusement?
    Jedi Merkurian and harpua like this.
  21. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I almost fooled my sister into thinking Hugh Jackman died. I forgot that she checks sourcefed religiously.
  22. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    My favorite is still the one when @jp-30 posted a link to a fake article about how the Rolling Stones were going to stop playing their old hits in concert in favor of playing all new stuff, like Keith's solo stuff and jazz that Jagger was working on.

The fact that made it a classic? @Everton got absolutely incensed over it. So great.

I think it was Everton.
    jp-30 likes this.
  23. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm amazed Juliet hasn't realized she could play the ultimate prank … link to a really good song in the music thread.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk
  24. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    I totally got my friend fooled when I told him LeBron James had broken the all time record for flopping.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I still have no idea if this New Senate Vol. 2 is a prank since it's still a sub-forum and everything.