main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters [April Fools]The Josh/Sam Appreciation Society: We know it happened

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Long walks down the hallways.

[​IMG]

Flying across the country for one glance.

[​IMG]\

And tying ties.

[​IMG]

It is the greatest love-story told. Not in words, but in actions. Whether you are a fan of telling the story of how these two met and their torrid pre-Bartlet-administration relationship, or if you prefer a more alternate universe approach, if you are a fan of the Lyman/Seaborn ‘ship, then this is the place for you. Because: we know it happened.

Welcome to the Josh/Sam Appreciation Society

Here you can discuss all aspects of this relationship with like-minded fellow writers. There will be challenges and discussions.

Discussion 1: Do you ship it? Do you prefer the pre-show approach or the AU approach?

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Discussion 1: Do you ship it? Do you prefer the pre-show approach or the AU approach?

While my OTP is Josh/Donna, I totally ship Josh/Sam. I mean COMEON! It totally happened. This is more than close friendship, it's two people who know each other intimately.

While I also enjoy the AU approach, I'm mostly a pre-show gal. When we get the flashbacks in In the Shadow of Two Gunman Josh looks so upset when Sam says he's getting married.

The other day I was watching A Proportional Response and when Josh is interviewing Charlie and Sam comes in, I really got hit my how upset that Sam is that Josh is asking about Charlie's "personal life" (asking if he's gay). And sure, it could be ideological anger -that would be expected- but the way he and Josh look at each other says a lot. Sure, that could be me looking at it through slash goggles, but I'm fine with that. :p

My headcanon is that they got together when they were both working on the Hill and then broke up because they were going their separate ways, Josh continuing in DC politics, and Sam into a corporate lawyer, but they remained friends. I also think that Donna knows this happened and is totally cool with it.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010

I totally ship it. I prefer to write the AU approach, but I have more than implied in canon-compliant fics that Josh/Sam were a thing pre-show, because, as Mav said, there are so many subtle hints at it in the show (the ties, the flash back, and even Charlie's interview). I mean, I don't think that is what Sorkin intended, but we can interpret things the way we want to for fics.

Yeah, that's my head canon too. I think Sam broke it off relatively early because he still wanted to remain friends but Josh still carried feelings. Donna totally knows and is totally okay with it.

mavjade likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Do they need a surrogate mother? I always wanted to know how is babby formed.

I guess I'll have to consult my Luigi board.

5. NobodyIX

NobodyIX Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2018
    I've never seen the show, I have no idea, but I would ship! This will probably be the caliber of my posts now. [face_dancing] Of course now I want to watch it. :p

mavjade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.