main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark April Get Together: Day of Comic Book Con: Meet at Ryan's between 5:30 and 6pm (details below)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    OK. We're not doing to good on the whole meeting thing...

Here's the deal: The 12th is the Comic Book Con in Little Rock and the 19th isn't too good a Saturday either.

We could pick a restaurant and meet after the Comic Book thing on the 12th???

Any ideas are welcome... And requested... And begged for... Come on people... Throw me a bone...

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I don't have my schedule that far in advance yet, but I think the 12th at a restaurant would be fair to those out-of-towners we have coming in for the comics event.

3. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    Saturday afternoon should be good for us..hope to see u there

4. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Shoot. I'll be glad it if no one else does! Be good to have the company. Let me know what you guys think. Otherwise I'm game for anything!! Later Sith peeps!!

[face_coffee] [:D]

p.s. JUST FOUND OUT MY BANK HAS A SALES AND SERVICE MEETING 8:30 A.M. UNTIL 1:30PM THAT SATURDAY Hopefully this won't complicate things any!!!

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK. Sombody throw out a suggestion for a restaurant to meet at around 5 or 6pm (I'm not sure what time the comic thing gets over???... SO if you know that post that as well please????)

Somewhere that has buffet tends to work out better with the whole group thing cause folks can come and go and sort of get what they want???

Or somewhere else is fine as well... Just need to decide the place.

6. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    So... we're not meeting at Henry's?

I had talked to him, and it was suggested since FF wanted to have a meeting/get-together... and there was some talk about a 501st get-together, he had suggested meeting at his place after the comicbook thingy.

????

I am up to whatever.

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, we can do whatever...

If he wants to host something then he needs to come on here and say when and what.

We were just thinking that people would already be in town for the comic book thing and might want to get something
    to eat before going back home... You know...combining trips to town.

Everybody needs to post an opinion on what they would prefer.

Darren has also offered his place.

So, post your preferences???

8. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    Doesn't matter to me as to where, but the earlier the better..I have to go in to work at 9pm so I have to be home to get ready by 8.

9. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    I am good on whichever happens.

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Well, looks like I'm working from noon til 830. There goes that Saturday....

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK: Update:

We'll probably hit a restaurant after the con (more than likely one with a buffet)

Any suggestions:

12. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Which Ryans?

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Ryan's looks like the choice for now...

Sometime between 5:30 and 6:00.

Ryan's has a buffet so it's easier for folks to come and go and has a variety.

Please post if you plan on coming or call so we can get the right number of seats.

Thanks

Bacon[face_pig]

14. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Update on my place for hanging: Terminix will be doing their annual spritzing. So my place is definitely out. Hope this doesn't mash up anybody's plans. See ya'll on Saturday night at Ryan's!

[face_coffee] [:D] :eek:

15. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Sorry I missed this. Did y'all get together?

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Did the restaurant... Like the posty above says...

Maybe you can catch us next time....

17. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Sorry we didn't hook up with you guys yesterday. We got there (at GC) just about 1740 and the line was ridiculous - and people in it were griping over very long 20+ minute wait to get through it. Seeing as it would have been six before we even made it in we just decided we'd have to catch you guys next time - since most likely you'd be done eating and all by then (as we were called about the venue change after y'all were there already).

But for a small suggestion - can we try to avoid food places at the most popular time of the day (particularly on weekends)? It was a minor miracle that we even found a parking spot (which we lucked into quite easily, actually) there. It'd be a little bit easier to get us all together and not have the hassle of a long wait just to make it into the building where everyone else is at. And I don't mean to suggest we should go to places like Ryan's and GC, but maybe getting there a little earlier (or later) so we're ahead of - or after - the massive rush of people at the peak time.

It'd be easier to get together and to be able to hear each other with a slightly smaller crowd milling about all around us. *g* But anyway, sorry we missed you guys last night and hope it was fun. We'll try to make the next thing if we can.

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The venue did get changed sort of last minute but every effort was made to let everyone know.

When you guys got called I think it was while we were still waiting to get tables...

But, We actually discussed the timing thing But, in this particular situation we were at an event until 5. We had people who had drive down
    from Paragould and Batesville and Russellville. So, we were working to make sure it was some way they could visit with everyone and get a bite to eat on their
    way home...

When getting together after a con (for the sake of the out of town folks) we'll probably still try and hit a buffet at dinner time...

For just a regular get together...we'll probably try a bit of a different time.

Sorry you guys didn't make it.

We saw you leaving as we sat down...

19. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    I understand about the timing thing, it's hard to plan around things sometimes... And we did want to be there, but with that line being so long we'd of just gotten into the dining area around 6:30 or so and you'd all likely be mostly done and that would cut into our already short amount of time we had before we had to go home for Connie to be able to get ready for work on time...

As for the change of venue (not that it matters, as at that time of day on a Saturday everything is packed) was there anything in particular (other than just wanting something different maybe) that caused us to change - again that I think had nothing to do with the crowd and trouble getting in without a ridiculous wait problem. I only ask out of curiosity... It doesn't really matter.

20. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Locokarma suggested the change there because the fare at Ryan's had not been what it was when it was Firehouse the last time we were there...

So, He asked around and we moved. I think some folks prefer the meat choices at GC?

personally, I don't care either way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.