main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    We're going to try for Harvard Square for the April meet. Hopefully it will be warmer and not raining (or snowing :p). As a backup plan if the weather is really crappy, we'll visit the New England Aquarium for some indoor fun.

Does anyone have any favorite restaurants in Harvard Square? I suggest we meet at a restaurant for lunch that day and wander around from there.

I'm requesting that the meet date be moved from the 3rd Saturday to the 4th Saturday, which will be April 24th. I know at least a couple of us are going to be at the Empire Fan Fest during the 3rd weekend of April. Is that ok with everyone?

This is more than a month's notice for the meet, so I expect a good turnout. :)

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Sounds cool with me the later in April the warmer the weather I hope. :)
    I mean it is March 16 and almost spring and were suppose to get hammered with snow today. :mad:

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't think I'll be able to make it.

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    There is a Chilis on Mount Auben and the pizza place in the Garage rocks!

5. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    The Green House Cafe is good. There's also a great burger place up the street.

Website updated.

6. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Sounds cool, if the weather is bad and the aquarium fell through The Punisher could be another backup, it comes out that friday before.

7. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Sounds interesting....

Not sure if I can make it at this point, but I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Tony, the members section of the web page needs an update.

8. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Fixed that.

9. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Question - what's the difference between "active members" and "out on assignment"? Should I be planning covert missions or something? ;)

10. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    The out on assignment people are the ones who haven't been to the latest meet. I'm not even sure if there will be a differentation like that on the redesigned website.

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Doesn't announcing the fact that you're planning a covert mission kinda ruin it?
    ;)

12. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Out on assignment...sounds like when on the Sopranos somebody goes to jail for a few years and they say " he's away on business" :p

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    At least it's not like when they try and say someone went into the Witness Protection Plan.

14. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Doesn't announcing the fact that you're planning a covert mission kinda ruin it?

Geez, now you tell me.... :p

15. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Way to swipe my job out from under my nose, Roseanna. :p

Heh, J/K - this hasn't been the most relaxing vacation I've ever been on, but as such, it's bloody good to be back! :D Now then, I sincerely doubt there's any amongst us who doesn't know how to get there. Any greasyshagged, finger-flipping weirdo faffing around Boston Common could tell you where to get off the Red Line. ;) (And that's not all he'd be telling you where to get off... :p)

As far as restaurant suggestions, I was knocking around Harvard Square earlier to-day and noticed a couple of places on the corner of Mt. Auburn and JFK. They're in the same building, as a matter of fact, and one of 'em is an Indian place called the Bombay Club. I wasn't able to investigate its ritziness quotient, but it's a possibility...

16. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    After a bit more flaffing around in Hahvahd Yahd last night, I wonder if Fire & Ice wouldn't be another possibility. Also, just in case anybody's in a movie mood, there is a Loews just 'round the corner.

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Fire & Ice is a great place but can be super-busy around lunch time. We can always try for it though.

The movie idea is good too. We'll just have to wait and see what everyone wants to do that day. :)

18. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Do we have a date yet, or did I just miss it?

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    No one objected to April 24th and the meet thread has been up for 2 weeks now, so that will be the meet date. All that's left to decide is where exactly we'll be meeting for lunch, and we have plenty of time to do that. :)

20. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    lunch=food=good :)

21. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    *wanders in*
    *looks around*

wow...sure is dark in here...

why is this stranger posting in your midst? what right hath she to come into your dominion and take up valuable board space?

the answer in simple.
    she wonders if she might join you on this most righteous of journeys?

22. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Of course, Welcome back!!

23. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    No one objected to April 24th and the meet thread has been up for 2 weeks now, so that will be the meet date.

In other words, I missed it again. I really need to start paying attention..... [face_blush]

she wonders if she might join you on this most righteous of journeys?

Sure, when Massachusetts annexes Rhode Island! :p ;)

Just kidding.....hi, welcome aboard. :)

24. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    CARRIE!! *hugs* By all means, drop right in, it'd be great to see you again!! :D

25. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    It will be a day long remembered... It has seen the return of Carrie, and will soon see a joint BR/RS meet. I have foreseen it... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.