main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Actually, that landing between street level and turnstile level might be a good place for everybody to assemble. If you get off the train and go through the turnstiles, you see a flight of stairs and two escalators right in front of you. Up you go to the landing - I think that'd be a good place to meet up, then we figure out what to do and head on up to the street from there.

If you take the bus into one of the tunnels adjacent to the subway platforms, just look around for the Dunkin' Donuts - the aforementioned stairs/escalators are right next to it. How's that sound?

As for the concert, depends on how late in the afternoon it is. Next train after the 6:35 isn't until 11:15. ;)

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Here's a map of the inside of Harvard Square T Stop:

[image=http://www.bostonrebels.net/images/harvard.gif]

As for the concert, I don't know any details. All I know is that there will be live music from 10 am to 6 pm, and most likely Third Eye Blind will be on after 3ish.

EDIT: I should mention, the free show is over at the Hatchshell. What's the hatchshell? It's that big thing by the river where we took the VWT pics. Closest T Stop is Charles on the Red Line, or Arlington on the Green Line. It's going to be wicked crowded.

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I can't make the meet. I have a paper I need to write for school and a test the monday I get back that I need to study for. Maybe I'll be able to make it to the next meet.

4. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I cannot make this meet.

3 things are trying to pull me towards them on Saturday:
    1.) BR Meet
    2.) Andrea and the 3EB concert
    3.) A nice 20% of my grade on the line.

My video class final project is due on Wednesday. The only day I can record my footage is Saturday.

I'll be at the May meet (assuming it's not moved away from the 3rd Saturday!)

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok guys, please correct me if I'm wrong with the following:

Confirmed yes:
    Roseanna
    Chris W.
    Chris L.
    Joe
    Jim
    Will

Confirmed no:
    Scott
    Tony
    Leah
    Roy

Maybes:
    Ed
    Dex
    Rob
    Paul

If you're on the maybe list, could you please post if you know that you can or cannot come? If I missed anyone, feel free to smack me and then post a correction. :)

Good luck with your project Tony.

EDIT: I suppose I should be all fair and equitable and wish Scott well on his trip and Leah well on her paper and test. Slightly severely stressed out at the moment - and I've always been bad at multitasking thoughts - so sorry guys. :)

6. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Unfortunately, it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it (again). I have to work 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday.

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    12 hour shifts?? Blech! I'm very sorry you have to do that. Hope to see you at the next meet. :)

8. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I will be there where exactly are we meeting?
    Is it still inside Harvard station?

9. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    As per the other Chris's instructions we'll be meeting at the landing at the top of the stairs/escalators he described above, inside the T station. :)

10. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Uhh.... What time are we meeting? I think I missed that.

-Paul

11. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Our usual get-together time is noon, and nobody has indicated any differently. HOWEVER, given to-day's weather, be advised - we may very well wind up going to our backup plan at the Aquarium if the skies don't dry up by then.

Edit - H-Hour is in 20 hours and 41 minutes, so if anybody's changing their attendance status, speak now or forever hold your peace!

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I just had a personal situation come up.

In case I may not be able to make it I will call your cell tomorrow Roseanna.

If I don't make it I will be at next month's meet for sure.

13. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    If we proceed with the Harvard meeting, I will probably show up briefly, though I won't have long as I have call for a concert at one. If it's backup plan, I'm a no-show. Don't wait for me either way, as I can't promise anything; I could be asked to show up early for call.

-Paul

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The meet time is indeed noon. And the forecast currently shows NO rain for tomorrow. A sunny day! So I doubt we'll need the backup plan.

Chris, that's fine, just give me a call if you can't make it. :)

Paul, if you have to be somewhere at 1pm, are you sure it isn't too much of a hassle for you to meet us at noon? I don't want to make your schedule too crazy. :)

15. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    12 hour shifts?? Blech! I'm very sorry you have to do that.

Well, the 12 hour part isn't fun, but the $20 an hour OT is nice. :D

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Will, Jim, Joe - did we miss you? We waited at the T stop until about 12:40pm. It was just me and Chris^2 today. We had fun, but I wish more of you could have made it. It was a perfect day for this kind of meet.

A few topics were casually discussed:
    1) more t-shirts, including a new Rebels shirt (since there are newer members that don't have any), and a Vader Tour shirt
    2) officially making the New Jersey Order our new sister FanForce; I still encourage you all to keep in touch with our PA friends, but since they're no longer in FanForce it would be nice to have a new sister FF...they're a really cool bunch of folks and I hope we get to spend more time with each other over the summer
    3) advertising for the Rebels; I know we've talked about it and have probably done it in the past, but there are lots of places in Harvard Square that we saw today where a flyer for the Rebels would get noticed

We'll talk more about these things soon. I hope to see more of you at the next meet. :)

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    :mad: Guess? ....I thinking I will be banned if I go any further.

18. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Also, since only three of us showed up, I guess I'll pop the question about next month here. Everybody cool with a Boston Common hangout on May 15 if the weather's nice?

19. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't know if I'll be going.

20. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Well I missed the Forge Park train so I had to drive over to the Attleboro station. I didn't pull in to Back Bay until 12:40 or so. There was no one there when I got off the subway. I walked around Harvard Square hoping to run into someone. I even checked the burger joint. I ended up watching the band play for about a half hour, then headed home. I was there, just late.

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    We ended up eating at the Green House Cafe because it had a shorter line than Bartley's. This is why I volunteer my phone number for meets, in case someone has trouble finding us. Even if you don't have a cell phone, there is usually a payphone around somewhere. Sorry we missed you. :(

22. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Well I wasn't going to drive home and get it. :D I would have been more late than I was. No biggie. I pulled up right as the train was leaving. Damn Halo. I left late because I was getting in to the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.