main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass APRIL MEET!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by WifeofVader, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Well guys, looks like we have some new faces to meet next month...

Couple ideas that have been posted were an Indiana Jones Movie Marathon & a meet at Jorge's place (which I can't wait to see)!

Any other ideas?

Let's at least pick a date...

2. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Jorge keep us updated when you will know when you will be able to do the meet or not.

Jorge did offer up a meet at his place. And if you haven't had his wife's wings you are missing out.

Love to hear some ideas people might have.

Even if we don't do it for the next meet it's good to have some ideas for future ones so lets here them. :)

3. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi Chris!

Here are the ideas we were banging around after the fabulous holiday party....

April ? Indiana Jones movie marathon (for May release of Indy 4)
    May 3rd ? Kentucky Derby (NEW: Summer kick off party/bbq & Indy4 meet Memorial Day weekend?)
    June ? Hot Dog Safari
    July ? My birthday is the 23rd? I?ll give you a lists of presents later.
    August ? Woodstock Fair
    September 1st ? Marlborough parade & BBQ to follow (??)
    October ?
    November ? SuperMegaFest
    December (TBD based on K2's Nutcracker performance) ? Holiday party redux (with Wifey's now famous pineapple/cherry basted ham)

4. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i second the indy trilogy meet =).

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I was going to suggest we have a meet at my place in May, but I see that the KY derby is the first weekend so that puts a monkey wrench into things because that is Drew's event. I could do a non-group event later in May in case people can't do both. April looks to be out for me my place wise. I should have everything done this weekend, but I am out of town for the most part for 2 weekends (middle two 1 a wedding and I think things for the wedding the previous weekend). The last weekend I work on Sat so it would have to be a Sunday gathering.

6. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    An Indy trilogy sounds pretty cool!

7. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    As you know guys, Sundays typically work best for me... :)

Would Sunday, April 27 work for you Jorge?

I know that cuts it close to Derby day but.... what can we do?

Unless someone else wants to host the Indy marathon... or we could combine the Derby with the Indy Marathon?

8. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Guys, I just had a GREAT idea for another April meet (why not have two?)! A Star Wars marathon was mentioned in another thread. Well, that Spike Star Wars marathon is (I think) April 4th! Just thought that I would throw that out there! :)

9. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Are they playing the movies back to back or one each night?

10. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'm pretty sure back to back, since only the 4th was advertised.

11. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    well, we can have the marathon anytime cause we have the DVD and i have the 1080p version ;P.

what's the derby? horse racing?

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    If the majority wants to do the Indy marathon then my place would be out for the official meet. Granted I have moved and have room we just wouldn't be able to house everyone to watch all the movies. Plus with my son being young still that may not work out well. I am going to say let's pick another location for the viewing of the films and maybe Memorial Day I will have a cookout with family and friends. This would be in addition to Drew's KY Derby event.

13. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'd be a go for an Indy Jones movie marathon, but may have to cut out early, depending on the length of the drive and other factors. My best friend Ed would be with me. :)

14. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I had originally suggested my place for the Indy marathon. Depending on the number of people who want to do this it may not be the best locale. I have a large living room, but only about 5 people could watch the TV comfortably. I was hoping to have a large screen TV by now, but my infant daughter thinks the money should be spent on things like formula, clothes and diapers and since she's so cute I'm powerless to deny her ;)

Anyone else who could host this? If any of the theaters play plan on playing all the movies consecutively on opening day (like the theater next to Boston Common did for LOTR) I'll definitely be doing that instead.

15. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Turns out that Spike is indeed airing one Star Wars film a night, splitting up the trilogies into two weekends. So I guess there won't be a meet for that.

16. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Sci-Fi will air the Indy trilogy on May 18th... if we want to do this closer to the new film's release.

17. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    The only weekend day I would not be able to do is Saturday April 12th.

Right now everything else is a go for me.

So lets get a date locked down ans what we would like to do for April.

C'mon everyone don't be shy. Let's hear from everyone..even the new people on the forums.

18. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    So, what are we up to folks?

Date?

Time?

Place?

19. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Most Sundays work for me...the 12th and 26th are potentially available, as well.

20. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I'd offer to host, but unfortunately I have a similar problem as D-D-H. I have a 52" screen TV in my living room but can only seat 5-6 comfortably. So if no else is up for hosting it, we can use my place as a fall-back.

21. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I talked to Jim and if nothing else becomes available we could have it at our house.

Jim just got a nice new t.v. 42"

We could cook some food up hang in the backyard or whatever.

If some of you want we could also make it part a swap meet also.

If you all want we could start a trade/want thread here for collectibles?

I don't believe that would violate the rules.

Probably the end of the month the weekend of 19th & 20th or 26th & 27th would work best for us to host the meet.

Lust let me know. :)

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I know my place is out for an Indy Marathon not enough room in my living for that plus my basement isn't finished yet that will probably this summer.

The Swap meet is a good idea but let's hold off on that for now. The reason being is I am getting things together to have one at my place with some local collectors (our fan force, sandtroopers, etc). My basement should be enough room for it and I was thinking late April or mid-May for that. We may also have a Memorial Day weekend cookout on the Sunday that weekend. That will be friends, family, etc. The two things at my house would be informal/unofficial meets.

23. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    For the swap meet at your place do you have a link to the people who are going and what they are looking for, selling, or trading?

I have a bunch of stuff I am trying to get rid of from POTF2 to TAC.

So let me know everyone about having a meet at my place or elsewhere?

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am going to get a yahoo group formed for the swap meet. Actually I have one already started for MA collectors just need to make it public and post the link. I will have everyone post there what they have and want so people aren't bringing their whole collections and stuff. I will post the link later this weekend.

If you are up for hosting the Indy marathon Chris I say go for it. You are more centrally located and your place should be big enough to house a meet like that. Just my opinion.

25. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    So far I am free the 13th and the 20th, both Sundays. I have a class field trip on the 27th, so I'm free the 26th on Saturday as long as I request it off in time. I'm up for anything really. An Indy marathon sounds awesome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.