main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN April Meeting Date,Time & Menu info

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes, thanks Tim.

2. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    I'll bring dessert. I was thinking of making a chocolate pudding pie.

3. daemondred

daemondred Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    I can bring some veggies.
    Other than the typical carrots, are there any requests for veggies? There is nothing worse than a veggie tray filled with veggies no one wants and I want to make sure that there is something for everyone. Also, what kinds of dips do people like? I usually just eat my veggies plain, so I never know what kind of dip to get

4. tainted_crimson

tainted_crimson Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2006
    Sounds delicious!

Rae and I are both fans of broccoli. And when we've brought veggie trays in the past, we've brought ranch dip and it's seemed to go over well. (That or people just ate it because they were hungry!)

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I like green olives and dill pickles . Yes,Amy your ranch dip was great.

6. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    Amy, I think you should satisfy the anti-veggie people as well (i.e. me :p) with a tray of various pig products: sausages, pepperoni, bacon, ham, pulled pork, etc..

no deal? ;)

7. daemondred

daemondred Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    Speaking of meat....
    ...looking through the thread, I have not seen anyone explicitly say that they are bringing "group" meat, but several people are bringing meat (or meat-like) products for the cookout. My suggestion is that we can make the cookout a bring your own type thing for the most part where everyone brings in what they want to be grilled and that way no one has to guess how much meat to buy.
    Just a suggestion...

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I cant afford at this time to buy bunch of Hamburger, Usually everyone volunteers to chip in with me but I haven't had one person offer so, I have a"hot Dog" budget at this time.

9. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    Well, to get people to offer to chip in, you sometimes have to ask. :) I personally had just assumed you were bringing hot dogs for everybody since that's what you put down that you were bringing from the start. Hamburgers weren't really mentioned till I brought it up; if asked I would have gladly chipped in.

Hot dogs are rather cheap, so bringing enough for everyone should not cost all that much, I wouldn't think. I'd say that if you don't want a hot dog then bring meat for yourself that Eric can cook up. Sound fair?

10. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Oh, and a quick note, there really hasn't been *that* many people from the group speaking up on the boards for this gathering. A email might need to be sent out if we want people to know for sure that they are supposed to bring their own meat if they want something other than a hot dog (also to see what other people are bringing).

Of course, you could just take the tact that if you weren't paying attention you get a hot dog. But whatever.

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Email sent

12. tainted_crimson

tainted_crimson Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2006
    Rae and I will bring brownies as an additional dessert, and also something of a fruit tray nature, since Bryan has veggies covered.

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I talked with Casey this morning and he is bringing Hamburger.

14. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Is that hamburger for everybody? If so, then I think I'll change what I'm making to just ciabatta (I can pick up a pack of hot dog buns if necessary; I won't have time to make a large batch of ciabatta and hotdog buns).

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes, 3lbs worth.

We haven't heard from the following but that might mean they wont be joining us.
    Austin
    Joe
    Jeff
    Gary
    Bip
    Jamie ( he wont be there)
    Brian B.

16. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Huh, do you think we still need hot dogs at all? You and I will be eating elk/bufallo burgers, Amy and Rae garden burgers, and with 3 lbs. of hamburger there should be enough for everybody else.

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Good point. Maybe I'll get just 1 pack, at least Sam will eat Hotdog over Hamburger.

18. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Do you want to pick up hot dog buns to go with, or would you prefer that I do it?

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sure I can pick them up. I'll get regular and Wheat.

20. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Cool. I'll just focus on making a big batch of ciabatta, then. :)

21. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    We might needs some extra chairs. Sara?

Ya think 3lbs is too much? I mean, whatever hamburger we don't eat, I can just save for myself to eat throughout the following week. I LOOOOOOOOOVE me some hamburger.

22. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    Eh, 3 lbs. is just 12 quarter pound patties. It comes down to what people will want to eat, and how many will be there. If you have no problem saving/using the leftover hamburger, then getting 3 lbs would probably be the safe option (better than having to have someone run up to the store).

23. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    I'll be there. The weather forecast says this coming Saturday will be rain. I'll bring some cookies.

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    If it rains around 3pm I guess we can order pizza.

25. Jedi_Narf

Jul 17, 2006
    [edit]
    If we're worried about rain and we won't be cooking out if it does rain, then I say let's plan on pizza before people buy all the ingredients and such to make their dishes. I personally don't have the money right now to buy bread supplies and kick in for pizza.
    [/edit]

[edit 2]
    Since it's going to take 14 hours or so total to make 6 loaves of ciabatta (seriously, I have to start it Friday night and work on it for a good part of Saturday), and it seems like things are in flux concerning weather and whether or not we're grilling, at this moment I'll just plan on picking up some hamburger buns at the store if we do plan on grilling. While I don't mind spending time making the bread, homemade ciabatta is only good for a limited time and I don't want to spend all that time just to be stuck with 6 loaves if we aren't grilling out.
    [/edit 2]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.