main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meeting - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It's been a while since we've all gotten together, and we need to get a number of things to discuss. So I think we should get together, and sort out the details of some of them.

EDIT: Given the immediate NEGATIVE response to having a meeting so soon, Will makes a very good suggestion...let's look ahead to April for the next general meeting.

Southpark Foodcourt? Or should we try another public place? Suggestions are always welcome.

April 5th (WRHS event - part I)
    April 6th
    April 12th???
    April 13th??? (maybe the best option)
    April 19-20 (Easter weekend) BAD IDEA
    April 26th???
    April 27th??? (Krash's bowling charity...see thread for details)

April Meeting Agenda:
    JKOC t-shirts update (money would be helpful)
    Amy Allen "Honorary Member" report
    WRHS Pittsburgh/Detroit planning

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    This is just me personally, but my little brother is coming to JCU March 21-23 for Lil' Sibs (short for siblings) Weekend, so we'll both be here having a bunch of fun, so I'd prefer a 28th, 29th, or 30th meeting.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    This is also just me personally...I will be in Canton for spring break March 22nd (evening) through March 30th (afternoon). I would be able to come to the meeting if it were anytime March 23rd through March 29th. I'd really like to be able to come and meet more of you. :)

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Krash, this last minute stuff with the meetings isn't cool. I can't go unless I request a date from work about a month ahead of time. You should start scheduling meetings a month ahead of the date, that would make things easier for everyone.

5. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I have to help with a confirmation retreat on March 23rd until about 3:00. After that I should be fine, and I don't think that I have anything going on the next weekend.

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, the weekend of the 22/23 is bad for me, too :(

7. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I would like to see us set a spacific day each month to meet. Say the second Saturday every month as an example. That way we dont run into this problem EVERY MONTH!!! Would be a HELL of alot easier to plan things.

Just a suggestion.

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think that will work...maybe one Saturday is good for all of us and the next months is not. This way is easier to be able to pick the most open...all we have to do is think of it BEFORE that month.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sigh...well, looks like I won't be able to come after all, if we're not meeting until April. I thought I was going to get lucky and have the meet coincide with my spring break...oh well. Maybe I'll be able to make the May meet, if not, then hopefully June.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    set a specific day each month to meet. Say the second Saturday every month...how about Sunday?

We've talked about this for some time, and just never put it into practice. So, unless any major holidays make this impractical (or as situations require flexibility) let's have this meeting April 13th...time and place TBA?

April Meeting Agenda:
    JKOC t-shirts update (money would be helpful)
    Amy Allen "Honorary Member" report
    WRHS Pittsburgh/Detroit planning
    Setting regular date for "meetings"

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    The 13th sounds good to me.

12. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002

:( Sorry, guys. I have a baby shower for my nurse to go to on the 13th.

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's OK, have fun at the shower...Amy tells me those things are [sarcasm]Soooo much fun![sarcasm] ;)

You know, everybody complains that I was giving not enough time...now that I gave some options, nobody is responding!

April 13th...Southpark?...time?
    A thought, anyone?

14. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

Well, I have a bunch of papers due April 14th... and I have some plans for April 12. But now that I'm commuting (first day was today), I've been like 2 times as productive as I was when I was living on campus. So hopefully I'll be able to finish them early. But in case I don't, I might not be able to make the 13th.

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    If all goes well with my job, I should be able to make it the 13th. As of now my schedule on weekends is taken up, but that weekend I start on a remodel project at a different Wal-Mart, and will have weekends off and a regular weekday schedule for twelve weeks, which is awesome. So, I should be able to make it. Unless that is, you guys move it to another weekend, which is also cool with me.

16. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    As usual, I have another commitment that weekend--the 13th. I am glad to hear Reborn can finally make it since apparently Walmart rarely lets him have weekends off. Even where I work, I do get some weekends off!

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I know what Reborn is going through, I've been offered a (part-time) job at Dillard's Great Northern...weekday evenings and weekends. So I'll be trying to make time for Fanforce stuff (as well as my own life) But, for the time being, my free-time will be greatly limited.

April 13th is still the best opening...and this meeting's buisness depends on BMack's availability (t-shirts) as well as that of anyone who needs to pay for their shirts.

Thanks to everyone for their patience, on this matter...I know everyone has schedule conflicts, and I'll try to plan things well in advance.

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    So people complain about not having enough time for meeting and know when we set a couple of dates up a month in advance many can't make it...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It's OK padawan, this is part of my job as CR...try and coordinate around everyone's schedules, and find times where we can get together.

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    "Not good." Contrary to my earlier post, I now cannot make it the 13th, due to the fact that I am now not going on that remodel project (wasn't my choice, my manager told me the bad news because of no working shifts available, except an overnight shift which I refuse to do), thus my hours still include working on weekends. Sorry!

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    While we have some things that need resolving (they also require specific people to be there)...I've been wondering do we NEED a meeting in April?

We've been getting together for more social events, not that "meetings" are all buisness...but it does help getting together to talk/organize in-person.

And with everyone's schedules so tight...and our need to plan these well in advance, April 13th may not work for alot of people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.