main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meeting Info

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey gang! Our next meeting will be this Saturday, April 20th, in the party room of the Regal Cinemas Hollywood 24. The Hollywood 24 is located at 3265 Northeast Expressway, in Chamblee. The meeting will begin at 2 p.m.

We will be discussing our Celebration II and Episode II line-up plans. After the meeting, we may decide to stay and take in a movie. :)

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

2. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh goody... I'll look forward to meeting some of you... Should I bring anything? Repblic credits? Hyperdrive parts for exchange? A bantha hide?

3. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Republic Credits? Republic Credits are no good out here. :p

Just bring yourself and your sense of humor (which you'll need with this wacky group). ;)

I will be posting more details about the meeting on Thursday afternoon, after I finalize our arrangements with the Hollywood 24 management.

4. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I'd like to attend. I've got to spend the night at a Relay for Life, but I'll try to get up there.

If I'm welcome, that is.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Of course you are welcome to attend. We welcome all Star Wars fans. :)

6. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Okay gang, I just spoke with the management of the Regal 24 and we have final confirmation to use their party room on Saturday. All systems are go! :D

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

7. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!! Party!!!!!!!!!
    :D

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    It was great to meet all of you at the meeting. You all are definitely a good group of people. Minacia should be proud! :)

9. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    That was fun! :) Hehe.

I'll get a meeting on time at some point.

Really, I will.

What? Just cause I wasn't at the last 3 on time you think I won't? BUT I COULDN'T FIND IAN'S HOUSE!!!

Garg. :p

~Caleigh

10. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm glad you could join us yesterday, Scott. It was great to finally meet you. :)

And yes, I am proud of this group. Of course I give most of the credit to the other officers. They're the folks who keep this group running. I just assimilate information. ;)

We had several new people join us yesterday. I was thrilled, to say the least. Our group is growing faster than any of us thought it would.

I'm a very happy camper right now. :D

11. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    That's good, cause we'll be doing some camping soon! :)

*Ducks thermal detonators thrown at her almost joke*

~Caleigh

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    *Throws thermal detonator* :p

Thanks again to everyone who came to the meeting. It's the members of this group that make it so great! :D

13. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    It was fun, except: I kept expecting everyone to look like their icons.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I know what you mean, Technoviper. I think we all had the same feeling at our first meetings. ;)

15. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    You mean, I don't look like Harrison Ford?? I thought you were a spitting image of the ghost of Ben Kenobi, Technoviper. You've just shattered my world...

16. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    Did... Did you really think so...? It must be the mysterious blue sheen I've developed opver the past few weeks...

17. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, it was a toss between the blue sheen and the flowing robes you wore. Very stylish. I felt dressed down like it was a day at the beach standing next to you ;)

18. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    hey techno
    i just look like a fat,bald,short man when you were standing next to me
    if you were standing at least 20' away you could see i am a tall,thin,but still bald
    ithorian bounty hunter.
    jace your not fooling anybody i know what you look like because i'm always close
    i can smell that new ship already

out:noom

19. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I must say that TechnoViper is quite the fine dresser. Quite the dapper scoundrel, you are! 8-}

20. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I know! I felt quite drab and shabby next to Technoviper. ;)

21. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Personally, I think it was the Star Wars tie that made the whole look complete. I have to agree, I felt quite under-dressed. But considering it was hot out and I had done the 5K walk earlier, I was pretty comfortable. Still, a new standard has been set for our meeting I suspect. Okay everyone, get out your best clothes for the May meeting (it is our anniversary after all).

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Technoviper has indeed set a new standard of dress for our meetings. A standard most of us will be unable to meet. Why? Most of us have a difficult enough time getting to a meeting on schedule when we dress ultra-casual. Can you imagine what time of the morning we would have to awaken to get dressed in such a snazzy manner...and on a Saturday morning, too? I wouldn't make it to the meeting until 3 p.m. :p

23. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    You guys are too much... I'm going to blush... [face_blush] I get all my tips for dressing from Lando Calrissian. I can't quite pull off the cape thing yet, though... But I'm workin' on it...

Oh, and Minicia, 'drab' and 'shabby' are two adjectives I would NOT use to describe you...

24. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I know very little about costuming or fabric, but I think the whole issue with the cape might be the material. You need something heavier and preferably textured.

Lando's cloak in ESB was so light, it just flapped in the breeze.

Of course, that might have been the look he was going for.

25. Technoviper

Mar 12, 2002
    If I could pull it off, I'd wear a cape all the time. All the coolest guys have capes: Batman, Dracula, Zorro, Lando....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.