main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA April Meeting Re-cap

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007

Attendance:
    Tony
    Aimee
    Hunter
    Luke
    Allen
    Paul
    Ed
    Joe
    Christian
    Brandon
    Krista
    Danny
    Rachel
    John
    Jean
    Eddie
    Bridgette
    Kmunee
    James
    Julie

Discussed:
    - posting if you can make it to the meeting so we have an estimated turn out number
    -Trooping for the clone wars
    -seeing Indiana Jones as a group
    -Mr. Star Wars

Brought to my attention:
    - we need to make an attempt to hold some meeting north of the river toward the Glenn Allen area
    - we have some members in Petersburg area and need to move a meeting closer there too
    -we have a few people in the frediricksburg area that would like us to have an occasional meeting further north of Richmond

I had a great ime and look forward to next month!!!

2. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Great meeting!

My thoughts (for follow-up and next meeting)

1. Troop for Clone Wars
    I really thought we were going to troop this as "FanForce" not as GT/RL.
    I would love to see the FanForce represented as the organization of the troop, just to give us our own event. GT/RL can be invited, but it needs to be a FanForce event.

Not just costumed folks either. FanForce members love Star Wars, we can give our own FanForce information (flier about us, our own charity work, etc.)

2. Northern VA/Petersburg meetings
    I can swing more travel if necessary to include our brothers and sisters from other areas. It's all about the love of Star Wars! As for a 7pm start...I might have a hard time being somewhere at 7pm if it is more than 30 minutes from my house. I'll still show up though...just wait for me!

3. Indy!
    We have to do this. I am sure I'll be seeing it when it first comes out, but I can see it again too! The Indy series is awesome, and I have no problems seeing it multiple times. I only ask that we pick movies that start after 3pm on weekends. My son has baseball each Saturday until July, and my mornings/early afternoons are busy with that. Anything after 3pm on a weekend is just fine!

3. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    While we do have some member's in Petersburg and Fredericksburg, we have to keep in mind this is Richmond FanForce. I feel that since the vast majority of the active (I use that term loosely) members are in the Richmond area. Why move much further than the greater Richmond areas?

Currently we have meetings in the Southside, West End, and Downtown; which rotate ever other meeting. I think that accommodates many of the current members. I do think the next meeting should be further north (Glen Allen/Ashland area). While it's not Fredericksburg, it is much closer to them.

As for the Clone Wars movie, I was under the impression it was going to be FanForce putting the event together and "inviting" GT and RL to come as costumed support. Ultimately it will be a FanForce event with costumed support. So it a way it's a troop (to some of us). :)

4. Diastrom72

Diastrom72 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2008
    Any possibility of uniting the RFF, Hampton Roads Rebellion AND the Tidewater alliance for one big get-together for TCW?

5. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    [face_thinking] UMMMMMMM gee what am I chopped liver....:mad:
    I mean I know that I cant stand up to James actually making out to the meeting but I was there and did bring some show and tell(Rebel Legion Costume Binder)
    and ummmm I did metion about the Summer Party being at my place in August.
    I mean I know its a rarity that I am able to make it but I was there this time around and that should be noted.

6. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Was Joel there?[face_whistling]

I think I feel a Jedi mind trick or something...

7. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    [face_shame_on_you]
    [face_shame_on_you] :eek: :mad:

8. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    Settle down, Joel. When Aimee and I went over the people who were there, you were included, we just some how didn't put your name on the list. Mistakes happen.

If you want to host the Summer party, then make a thread about it; when (date and time), where and what you want us to bring.

Anyone can plan and host an event. If you have ideas -- POST THEM!

9. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Man, that must've been the largest gathering to date? I was so PO'd I missed it but really look forward to the next one. You know how I like to eat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.