main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC April meeting thread - meeting 4/13, 1pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    OK, let's start finding a good date for our April meeting. There isn't too much official business to discuss, but we will need to pick a new treasurer (since Roger has stepped down), so that's pretty important. :) Hopefully we can find a date that most people (if not all) can attend! I'd also like to combine the meeting with something else.... ideas?

So, what dates are you guys available/not available in April?

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    the only day I can't be there is the 12th...

3. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    And I forgot to mention that easter weekend is the 19/20th, so that weekend is out.

4. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Mmmmm.... Spring Break. I can't wait... no school for a week. WAHAHAHHA!

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Are we also going to vote for a Vice-CR???

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well at this point, the treasurer would also be the 'second in command'. This was something that was discussed at the last meeting, and no one seemed to object. Since our group is still on the small side, there doesn't seem to be a reason to have so many 'officers'. (It's a little lopsided to have almost half of the members be officers, don't ya think?) Anyway, if there is no one that wants to handle the money AND the pressure of being second in command (which is pretty minimal I think), we can discuss splitting the job back into 2 positions. As with anything, it is open for discussion.

So uh, no preferences on a particular date for our meeting? I think we should also plan on some sort of group activity. Suggestions?

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well you know Val the minute you declare a date for the meeting, half the group will not be able to make it for whatever reason, so by my math that would mean two will show up on time, and one will be late (I wonder who that will be ;) )

And I missed that part about the Treasurer being Second in command at the last meeting. Sorry.

I'd nominate Ken for Treasurer, but then I remembered that Eugenia is the Event Coordinator, which would mean she'd plan a FF event, not tell anyone and use our money to run away, to say, Key West! ;) Just kidding, I'm sure she'd invite us to go to Key West with her. Anything to increase the amount of fun to be had in KEY WEST! :D

So, I nominate Ken for Treasurer!!! :) Key West for everyone!!!

Well, anyway what kind of group outing are we going to have this time?

8. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hey, I was on time for the last meeting! I was even EARLY, so there!

Dunno, what we could do. Depends on the date we choose and how many can show up. I don't have a problem with any of the weekends. I know malkie can't make Saturdays and Sha will only be able to do a couple of the weekends (though which ones I'm not sure at the moment). I also know that Ken is trying to schedule his RPG for sometime in April as well.

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Sharon usually works every other weekend, but I can't remember if this was her weekend to work or not.

And yes, I know you were on time to the last meeting. I just figured it was such a shock to your system that you wouldn't make a habit of it. ;)

10. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I am free every weekend, but Easter weekend.

11. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Right now we're free every weekend in April as well, except Easter.

And while I'd love to embezzle and run off to Key West, $53 isn't getting me very far. I'll wait until we win the lottery and then take it all and run off.

Just kidding. That would be wrong.

I think Mutt would make a fine treasurer/second in command. Just so we get someone - right now it's me and I'm starting to crack under pressure....

12. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    LOL, yes the pressure is too much!

13. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    April is looking like an uber-busy month for me, which means I might not be able to make any meeting. In addition to our rugby playoffs then Divisional Championships I have various family members coming to visit throughout the month.

May is looking better for me :)

malkie

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Geez malkie, I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see you again...

15. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    blame my family

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I will do just that!

Maybe you should bring your family to the meeting. Heh heh.

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, well anyhoo...

I know that K&E's RPG is scheduled for the 4th, so that knocks that out. We can meet the 5th, or wait till the 13th. Or if we want a Saturday, we could do it the 26th. But I don't know if I want to wait that long...

18. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I vote for the 5th.

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, Ken posted the wrong date for the RPG - it's the 5th, which is Saturday. Sundays seem to work best for most folks, so I'd vote the 13th or 6th. Either one is ok with us.

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, yeah I meant the 6th or 13th. That's what I get for assuming Ken had his dates right! :D Anyway, either one works for me, so whichever date shows the most interest we will do.

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    If we have a decision by the time I make up the fliers for Icon early next week (Tuesday at the latest), I'll include the date of the meeting.

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm bumping this up since I'm off to Kinkos on Wednesday to photocopy the fliers and I'd loooove to put a date of our next meeting on some of them - you know, in case me and Ken aren't the only DC area folks at ICon this weekend.

23. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well it's looking like the 13th, unless anyone can give me better reason to have it on the 6th. Anyone?

24. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am off the 12th, 13th, 26th 27th.I will be at any one of those! Unless a RPG gets rescheduled.
    I also have word that the 13th is a good day for Jeff to meet!

25. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well then the 13th it is. Now we just need a time and place.... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.