main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC April meeting thread - meeting 4/13, 1pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    What type of place are we looking for? I mean like a food court? How public do we want it?

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I guess this time around it doesn't matter really... We might want to go public in May incase Eugenia's recruiting spree at I-CON lures any newcomers. The Old Post Office food court worked out great (until the band started playing, that is).

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    One word: Dubliner!!! :D :D :D

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I have a word for you, but I can't say it here. How's about a real suggestion?

5. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    So you got your token "Pick on Mutt Day" in... ;)

Well what happened to the laser tag/go-kart racing place we were going to try?

6. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh yeah! Where was that place?

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Cinnea: "Hmph. At Dave and Busters you must be 21 (or w/parent or guardian) to get in. But it's at White Flint, all right."

8. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    ICon wasn't too helpful, as every single person I saw there was from the NY area. I have better hopes for Balticon and Shore Leave and the like - the ones nearby.

Anyhow, I'll try to come up with ideas, but maybe Old Post Office once again is a good idea. Perhaps earlier this time in case the band is back.... We can tell people to automatically come to those upstairs tables.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I think that is probably a good plan for this month, since the weather is still a bit iffy lately. We will have to save any outdoor locations for the May meeting. :D

10. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Ok, we have a day and I believe a place. Now what time are we meeting? I say maybe 1:00 PM?

11. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, so I thought i would go ahead and post all the info for this meeting:

Sunday, April 13th 1:00pm at the The Old Post Office food court on the second level.

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ok, something came up and Ken and I may not be able to make it this Sunday - but we'll give Val our votes for Treasurer once we know who's running for the office!

13. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I will go on record to say that I think Liz should be the treasurer. I don't think she holds a title yet?

14. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    me?

I totally didn't expect that. thanks Ric. :)

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    If Lizzie could handle her own money, I might agree. ;)

Well as far as the requirements for treasurer... The person needs to be able to keep track of the money (duh). Not just how much we have, but keep records of who gave what & when and what we spend it on, etc. (That means *gasp* m-a-t-h.) Also the treasurer will be the second-in-command, so he/she would have to be in charge when I'm not around. He/she would probably also be in charge of a few other things that have yet to be ironed out (Officer duties will be formally established in the coming weeks by the officers. :D)

As I said before, we can split treasurer and vice into two different officers (like it used to be) if we want to do that. It just seems a little silly when our group is still pretty small. But it's up to you all.

16. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    You have a point, Val...

17. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't see a need for a split. The group is too small, it would end-up being all officers and me.

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hahahaha, I am in agreement Ric. I just didn't want people to think that I am forcing the two offices together if that's what people don't want. :D

19. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    You're in charge!! You don't have to do what people want. :)

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well seeing as he's been around the longest, I think MalkieD2 should have an official position.

If he wants it, then I nominate him for the slot!

Now if we can just get him in the rubbermaid trash can riding a tricycle ;)

21. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I also think malkie would be a good candidate, if only he would grace us with his presence once in a while. ;) And yes, the tricycle will happen one day, I have forseen it.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    You're the boss, boss! :)

Your will be done!

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Math is hard. That's why I coordinate events. No math.

24. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Hey and it gives malkie a chance to handle American money yet again! Hahahahaha!

25. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I was posting here when this was just the D.C board. However, it took Malkie and Tim to form the fanforce. They are the ones that wanted a fanforce here and they build this fanforce. So I say if Liz does not want it, Then Malkie is the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.