main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by LordGoldenArrow, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    *****edit*******

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Princess Leia you are the love of my life, you were the best ****Radio Edit***** of it to.

What's up with the edit Buzz? You self censoring yourself? Give the government time and they'll do it for you.

3. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    If I can't say something nice.......

4. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    okay... fair enough...????

5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Meeting agenda:
    0.5) Premeeting lunch at Durango's, I-95 & Hwy. 50 (Old Exit 79)
    1) Star Wars Weekends in May
    2) Discussion about May meeting
    3) Walk-on items, general discussion, miscellaneous, etc. etc. etc.

As an addition, I was thinking of putting together a Space Coast Fan Force care package for our troops overseas. Everyone is welcome to bring an item or two to include in it, and a list of suggestions can be found here. (If that link doesn't work, LMK and I'll post the list. It's just kinda long.) Please note that this is strictly voluntary. If you cannot make the meeting but wish to include something, PM me.

Okay. Anyway. I'll check the new exit numbers this weekend and post them, along with the times of everything in one nice neat little message instead of scattered across the four corners of the world.

P.S. For anyone coming from Jacksonville--a coworker went to Memphis last weekend, and he said that the construction on I-95 between Volusia County and the 295 turnoff south of J'ville was making the traffic horrible. I don't know what time of the day he went or even what day, but he said it took him 4.5 hours to get through that stretch. Just a heads-up. Take it for what it's worth.

See you all on the 12th.

-Katie
    Thumper

6. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Correction to my last post:

Upon further review, I discovered that the DOD is no longer allowing people to send packages to "Any Service Member." However, there is a DOD-approved organization putting together ready-made care packages to send. Link is here.
    They cannot accept items from individuals, but people can sponsor a care package and include a personal note to be transcribed onto an "official" postcard, so we can still buy a care package as the Space Coast Fan Force if we want.

So, for those of you who wish to contribute (again, this is voluntary), instead of collecting items at the meeting I'll be accepting monetary donations to buy one of these care packages. There's also another program called Operation Uplink that provides pre-paid global calling cards to overseas troops, so this is an option as well.

Okay, I'll be quiet now.

-Katie
    Thumper

7. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    This is good to know. I am interested. I also plan to send one to my cousin who is over there right now.

8. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Here's the rundown for the meeting:

Saturday, April 12

1:00pm. Pre-meeting lunch at Durango's Steakhouse. Hwy. 50 just east of I-95 in Titusville (Exit 215, Old 79). It's next to the Best Western on the south side of Hwy. 50. If you reach the stoplight for 405, you've gone too far.

2:00pm. Meeting at the North Brevard Library in Titusville. The library's homepage is at http://manatee.brev.lib.fl.us/locations/nba/nba.htm. If you need directions, check the November 2 Meeting thread. The exit numbers have changed to Exit 215 (old 79) from the south and Exit 220 (Old 80) from the north.

Any questions about the schedule or location, please PM me.

See everyone there.

-Katie
    Thumper

9. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    we gonna be done yaking and chomping in less then 40 minutes- granted the library is close- but we will need 10 minutes to get there and we won't be eating right away I bet.

10. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I'll help with the soldier stuff.

:)

Art

11. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    I don't think we'll have a problem getting done in an hour, and besides, we'll be continuing our yakking at the meeting. :) 1:00 was the time people responded to earlier, so that's what I put down. If we find it's not enough time, we can change it for the next meeting. Fair enough?

-Katie
    Thumper

12. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Actually- I am more concered with if people don't want to eat and just attend the meeting- and those who eat don't get to the meeting at 2- someone might be perturbed? However- in all actuallity- how many people plan to eat versus how many people plan just to go to the meeting.

13. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm assuming that those who plan to attend the meeting but not go to lunch will be monitoring this thread and realize the lunch-goers may be a few minutes late, though we'll certainly try to get there on time. :)

I can also put a note on the sign at the library before I head down for lunch, just in case.

-Katie
    Thumper

14. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Yes, I know this is late. But considering that back in school I sometimes sent out minutes a few *weeks* after a meeting, you could also say this is early. :p

Thanks to those who were able to make it to the meeting. It was good seeing you all again.

As an overview, we started out at Durango's for lunch and then headed over to the library for the "official" meeting. We talked about the schedule for Star Wars Weekends at MGM (mid-May to mid-June) and various activities they are planning for that. We discussed fanfilms quite a bit (both ideas and if there's anyone in the area who is interested in putting something together), and wrapped everything up by deciding to send some phone cards to Stef's cousin overseas so he can distribute them to troops he knows.

I believe that was the majority of the meeting, though if I forgot something, feel free to add things (actually, feel free to do that anyway).

-Katie
    Thumper

15. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I got to see a wicket!

16. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Thumper. Us wayword folks need it to keep up to date! Did we have many turn out?

>>wicket!

Dare I even ask?

Sorry I missed it folks!

Art

17. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    No one saw the Wookie.
    Just a Wicket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.