main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    Let's begin planning the next meeting, shall we? Suggestions?

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Let's look at dinner and a movie in April. What's coming out that everyone wants to see?

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, Kill Bill Vol. 2 is scheduled to release on April 16th. Since our first "movie meeting" as a fanforce was KBV1, it might be kinda cool to see Vol. 2 for our second meeting. I also believe The Punisher opens that same weekend and I know BFo9 had commented on that one also.

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Seeing Kill Bill 2 would be cool as mentioned by Dal--Intrepid. I'm up for either though.

5. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Sounds good to me. After seeing the first Kill Bill movie I've got to see what happens next. :)

6. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    what are u guys talking about..lol

7. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    if its on a monday, im up for it...I think at dinner we should discuss a fundraiser for C3.

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    C3 fundraising meeting for April. You want it, you got it. C3 here we come.

Kevin

9. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I saw a trailor for Kill Bill 2. Looks cool. I gotta rent Kill Bill 1 and see it first if we see KB2.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I saw one trailer on-line with Uma in a car while using a cheesy rear-projection effect as she drives. It's pretty funny and fits right in with the varied looks of the film.

11. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I know in May's meeting I would be interested in making/planning props again. I am seriously considering investing in TK armor early next year for C3 and any props I make from now till then I wanna make for the armor. Lots of resources avaliable at the 501 Carolina website. Looks like a lot of fun...(and frustration).

12. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    seeing kill bill 2 would be fine, cause im sure I'll be seeing Punisher with my comic book maniac friends. I would like to discuss fundraisers for Celebration 3 durring dinner. We'll haveta plan a place to go for dinner. I went to Applebee's last night for the 1st time and it was awesome! I'm just not sure about getting off work, unless its before I goto work, like around noon or something. Anyone have any suggestions??

13. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    What about eating at Baby Back Joe's? I'm serious. I've never been and want to try it. If you work a lunch shift of Saturday or Sunday, we could meet there after you get off and then give you a ride to the movies. When we get the times and dates, will let you know, so you can ask your boss to let you off for the night and tell him you are bringing in business.

Also, as far as the props go, I would like to make an E-11 blaster (Stormtrooper blaster). Everybody research sites and find out as much info as you can. Whether or not if we want to buy some of the toys on the Internet and prime and paint it ($30 for the gun on ebay + primer and paint) $50 bucks or so, or build our own. If we want to build our own, It will probably quite a few dollars more than $50.

JMK

14. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    interesting u should mention that. Thats exacly what I wanna build!. I found a site from a TK in Chapel Hill. His ID is TK-409 Chris Barlett. He built a MG-15 blaster for 20 bucks....

http://www.tk409.com/dingbats/mg15_thumb.gif

its really good. we'd havta get a base gun from www.realistictoyguns.com and he even has a tutorial on how to build it. He has a ton of other do-it-yourself props I've been checking out and theyre really good. they may not be 100% movie accurate, but if you're working on a budget, they get the job done in a creative fasion. heres his main site

http://www.tk409.com/tk409.html

Baby Back Joe's sounds fine to me, I've never eaten there just regularly other than a break. But one thing. Can it be on a Saturday please? Cause they have more coverage on Saturdays and I'll stand more of a chance of getting the night off. Thank's for finally posting someone...hehe later guys

BFo9

15. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I know Chris, he's a great guy. I'll take a look at his site.

JMK

16. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    u know him?? I really wanna meet him sometime at a con.
    his site rules. I have been checking closley on ebay and the Kenner E-11 blaster is relitivly cheap and theres 2 avaliable now but theyre almost 30 bucks plus TEN dollars s & h. plus the payment has to be there in 5 days. thats crazy. most dealers accept 10-14 days. what if the mail is slow, u get negative feedback? anyway thats why I personally decided not to go with that option. theres pics of the base gun on www.realistictoyguns.com. It should be really cheap considering he built the whole thing in 20 bucks.

17. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    now that Ive been reading about the Kill Bills I really wanna see em now. A bloody massacre! I must rent Kill Bill Vol 1 and see it...if anyone wants to re see it, let me know and u can come over and rewatch it just to remmeber or whatever. Later and may the force be with you!

Future TK-????

18. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    Saturday April 17th 2004. Meet at Baby Back Joe's @ 5:00. Prop building and fundraiser discussion as part of our dinner conversation. Kill Bill Vol 2 and then to the 7:00/7:30 (whenever it starts) showing. Is that okay with everyone?? Happy Easter everyone!

19. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    That time will pretty much work for me. I may have my son with me for dinner. My wife will be at a suprise baby-shower during the day, but I think that time will work.

JMK

20. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I have talked to both Kevins, myself (weird) and April. Dalton, you're the only one we havent heard from (although I think Kevin H said he was gonna ask) if the meeting time/place is good for you? thanks much and cant wait guys!

21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Sorry guys. I've been waiting on some confirmation from my family as to my plans for this weekend. My grandmother is turning 88 and we're having a huge family get-together for her on Saturday. I'm trying to determine the times to see if I'll be able to leave in time for the meeting, but at this point, I would say no. Then my wife works second shift on Sunday, so I'll be on baby duty so that's definitely out for me. If things change, I'll let you know, but at this point I'm leaning toward not making it this time. My family get-togethers have historically been all-day affairs that run pretty late, plus it's down in Blounts Creek which will put me getting back late anyway just due to the drive.

22. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    What about making it next weekend?

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm going to see Prince in Raleigh the next Friday night and then stay in Raleigh most of the day Saturday. Plus my wife is having a "girls' weekend" with some friends so she'll be in Chapel Hill from Friday to Sunday, once again leaving me with baby duty Saturday and Sunday when I get back.

24. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    Good luck Dalton in your get together and have lots of fun! So what does everyone wanna do? Not wanting to leave Dalton out, but I'm not sure I can get off another Saturday night because I have already taken off this Saturday night. I suggest that since if was Dalton who suggested Kill Bill Vol 2, that maybe we can save that for may May 8th or possibly the 15th. I'm sure it'll still be out, although if we go on the 15th it'll probabaly only be a 9:45 showing. Dawn of the Dead is still out at 9:45 only and it came out the middle of March. So, maybe the rest of us can goto dinner and see another movie? I'm up for Hellboy or Walking Tall. So what does everyone suggest?

25. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    You all should go ahead and go for it if it works out for everyone else. As I mentioned, there's a slight chance I could get back in time, but it's probably not going to happen. But it definitely won't happen for me any other time in the next two weeks, so I'll catch up with everyone in May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.