Calgary April Meeting

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Date: Sunday, April 17th
    Where: Southcentre Mall community room
    When: 3 - 5 pm

Agenda:
    *CW round up - Season 3 discussion (and DVD release)/Season 4 preview!
    *Seattle road trip (SW Exhibit)
    *Upcoming events (CCEE, Children's hospital event, etc)
    *Website renewal - donations needed to keep our site going (please contribute what you can)
    *SW news / collecting news
    *Open forum/good 'ol socializing!

If there's something you'd like added to the agenda, please post.

Hope to see you there!
  2. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Holy cow!! I can make this one! I already booked the day off for the VGL concert that evening!

See you all at 3pm!
  3. Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i won't be about to make it as i have to work till 7pm.. someone let me know what time we are leaving for Seattle
  4. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    As an incentive to help with the website fund I will be giving everybody who donates $20 or more a choice of 1 of these 3-packs of Star Wars Documentaries

Pack number 1 is

Science of Star Wars: War, Weapons and the Force
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/avp/SOSW_WWF/3d_SOSW_WWF.jpg]
    We haven't yet made a clone army, but we're getting there. From the Future Force Warrior (FFW-Army) to the Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton (BLEEX), we are equipping our fighters with clone trooper-like gear. Laser blasters being tested by the U.S. military are directed-energy weapons that use a laser beam to send an electric charge to the object of our disaffections. If that doesn't do the job, the Close Quarters Shock Rifle projects ionized gas or plasma at the subject neutralizing a whole group of mobile attackers and killing their electronic ignition getaway systems at the same time. Hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2.

Science of Star Wars: Man & Machine
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/avp/SOSW_MM/3d_SOSW_MM.jpg]
    Droids, bots, and artificial intelligence coming soon to rule the world. Right now, robots can clean the house, walk the dog, and identify lifesigns in the rubble of an earthquake. Soon, droids will replace astronauts on dangerous spacewalks and may even act as flying astromech droids to people living in space. How soon will it be before your mother has an unmanned drone to figure out what you're doing all day? Forget about Big Brother can the school principal use probe droids to patrol the hallways? Hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2.</p>

Science of Star Wars: Space Cowboys
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/avp/SOSW_SC/3d_SOSW_SC.jpg]
    How soon will we all be driving our own hovercrafts to work? Various vehicles that use air as a cushion to glide over ground or water are still in prototype stages. HyWire cars (hydrogen and by wire) that use a skateboard chassis are here today, complete with technology that allows the car to sense traffic patterns or danger ahead. Electromagnetic force charges a train that can go faster than 250 miles per hour without touching the track. What will be the new hot rods of the future? And will they have gonzo paint schemes? Hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2.

Pack Number 2: The Rarities Collection

Volume 1
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/avp/Rarities_Collection_Vol1/3d_SW_Rarities_One.jpg]

A compile of interviews with the cast of Star Wars and a insight how episode one was made, also a walkaround with Conan Brien at the Skywalker ranch.
    Main Feature:
    - 60 Minutes:The George Lucus Segment
    - The Oprah Winfrey Show Special
    - Modern Marvels:private Collections
    - Conan OBrien:A Visit To Skywalker Ranch

Volume 2
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/avp/Rarities_Collection_Vol2/3d_SW_Rarities_Two.jpg]

A compile of interviews with the cast of Star Wars and a insight on George Lucas films, news clips on and a E! special on episode 3.
    Main Feature:
    - The Directors: The Films of George Lucas
    - Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood
    - E! Behind the Scenes of Episode Three
    - AFI Villains: Darth Vader

Volume 3
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/avp/Rarities_Collection_Vol3/3d_SW_Rarities_Three.jpg]

A compile of interviews with the makers of the star wars games at lucas arts also a documentary on creatures in star wars saga.
    Main Feature:
    - Animal Icons:Star Wars Creatures
    - G4TVs Icons:The Star Wars Games
    - G4TVs Icons:Lucas Arts
    - IGN:Star Wars Force Unleashed
    - Easter Egg

And Finally Pack Number 3: The Fun Films of Star Wars

Return of the Ewok and Other Little Films
    [image=http://preserv.dreamhosters.com/images/coverart/ocpmovie/ROTE/3d_ROFTE.JPG]

This classic 24-minute film stars Warwick Davis as he tries to become a star ? shot on the
    sets of Return of the Jedi, the film features your fav
  5. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    WHOA!! Those are crazy awesome! You'll get my donation!![face_hypnotized]
  6. red-dwarf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ryan, that's fantastic, what a great effort.

Question:
    If someone is interested in getting two or even all three of the sets, what kind of donation would you be looking for?
    Vinny
  7. Dooks Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'll take this one - Pack Number 2: The Rarities Collection.

See you on Sunday.

8. Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    so how much do you have to donate for more then 1?
  9. PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hi Guys its me John how is every body doing?
    I'm doing fine everything went well with the operation except that there is still more cancer
    in my body so I have to go to the second step witch is the radiation treatment, this is going to happen in may 06/2011 hope everything goes well, sorry I haven't at the meetings, but I have not been feeling well I haven't been to work for over 4 months.
    Please let me know what went down in the meeting this weekend OK.
    Hopefully I will see you guys soon.Rosie says Hi

May The Force Be With You. :) [face_tired] :(
  10. red-dwarf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey John, hope you are soon on the road to recovery.
    All the best.
    Vinny
  11. red-dwarf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ryan,
    I'm interested in all 3 sets......I would donate anyway, but how much would be a good donation for all 3?
    Thanks
    Vinny
  12. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Let me know what you think is fair for all 3. $20 for 1, $35 for 2, and $45 for all of them???????
  13. red-dwarf Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll see you on Sunday, and we'll figure it out.
    What you have said sounds fair.
    And it helps the website.
    I'll take all 3.
    I'll bring a cheque on Sunday.
    See you then.
    Vinny
  14. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Can someone give tell where the community room is located? I can't seem to find it (right now) on the directory listing for the mall.
  15. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    ticketmaster or customer service. You walk right through and there are doors all the way across. The room is behind all the doors
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.