April meeting

Discussion in 'Knoxville, TN' started by tennesseejedi, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    the TSWCG/Knoxville is hoping to meet around the 13th of April at Celebration Station again so there can be time between the normal meeting and the TRU toy run on April 23rd which most of want to do. this will also be around the time tickets go on sale so moving the meeting up one week seems to be the best thing to do. check out the TSWCG site for more details or post here. we seem to get larger with every meeting so we need to find a count on the # of people wanting to attend so i can call CS and hold a table. see everyone then.....

--tennesseejedi--
  2. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Master

star 4
    You mentioned tickets going on sale around then. Surely not that early... :confused:
  3. TanthosJorlac Jedi Knight

Tanthos Jorlac of The Jedi Assembly would love to join you in April. What time did you have in mind? Also, I'm gonna need directions coming in from Interstate 40 East. May the Force be with you!
  4. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    well Jedi-tin, we plan to meet on the 13th and discuss the ticket matter further whether that be purchasing tickets if available then OR knowing what theater will host and what our next steps will be. AOTC will be about a month away at that point and many fans think that ticket info my be available by that time so people can plan.

--tennesseejedi--
  5. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    tanthos--
    to quote a phrase, "we would be honored if you would join us". the time will probably be around noon but it's not set in stone as of yet. we usually wait to see what time everyone agrees on and wants to eat. i will post on here and the TSWCG board when it has been finalized.
    as far as directions go, I-40 west to exit #378 (Cedar Bluff) then turn left at the light and proceed under I-40 to Peters Road (second light) and turn right. Celebration Station will then be on your right where you can see the entrance sign. i plan to call CS and make sure they can save us a big table or even a back room if possible. if the location or date changes, i will post here and as always on the TSWCG site. see ya then.....

--tennesseejedi--

are you still bringing your wife? if so, my wife may come along too. ;-)
  6. TanthosJorlac Jedi Knight

Dude....I am sooo stoked to be invited to the April meeting! About how much money do I need to bring to eat on? And my wife Pamela will be joining us, if that's ok? What was with that other post about the March meeting? Man, my computer started overheating with all that talking about FanForce this and FanForce that. WOW! I mean, the FanForce is cool and all, but they need to chill! I would love to see a FanForce chapter in Knoxville and if it happens, it happens. I don't think there will be a FanForce in Greene County. I think that me and my wife are the only one's here that are into SW. Well, once again..can't wait until April. If you need me to bring anything, just let me know. I would like to bring some pictures of my stuff and a few collectibles to show. I'd also like to talk about The Jedi Assembly, if that's ok. May the Force be with you!
  7. vongbait Jedi Knight

I have a few questions about your group. First of all I am not much of a collector (not a lot of money to spend) :( . I am a book nut (EU is my life). :cool: Is there a place in your group for me :confused: Also I don't like to insert gender into my conversations online but some of your comments make your group seem a little one sexed. Is the other sex just a visitor in your group or a member :confused: Unfortunatly even if your answers are right for me, I may not be able to make your April meeting because I'm taking my child to CC for their BD Tuesday. Also the May meeting if you have one is out because all my money(what little there is of it) is going to Indianapolis .
  8. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not a collector either, and I think that tennesseejedi has made it very clear to me that you don't have to be a collector to participate and attend their meetings. There is more discussion going on that just about collecting.

But I'll let him answer your questions ;)
  9. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    vongbait-
    yes, you are very welcome to join us whenever you feel like it. we have a variety of interests in the group and the EU is most definately a part of Star Wars. most of the group do read the novels on a pretty consistent basis. even though there are no female members at the moment that attend the TSWCG/Knoxville, there are a few females that post on the website and many of the other members wives (including mine) have attended the meetings. my wife goes with me to many of the conventions i speak at and will most definately be there with me for the Celeration in Indy. the April meeting is being held one week earlier that our usual meeting time because there are a few other Star Wars related events later in the month that we plan to meet up for such as tickets, TRU toy run, and possibly getting together before we make the trip to Indy. i agree that you need to save your money for the Celebration, but it does not cost that much to attend the meeting and spend the day discussing Star Wars. come join us if you can in April or any following month. there is alot planned for the entire year. we always have a blast!! :)

--tennesseejedi--
  10. Grand_Admiral_Thom Jedi Padawan

Yes, It is a wonderful thing. Getting together with local people and talking about Star Wars. You will find that everyone in the group is linked to Star Wars in a different way. Toys (new & vintage),Books,Cards, Art, Or just making some pretty awsome lightsaber replica's! My Son really enjoyed the last meeting. Brett, We will have to see your collection sometime. The pictures you brought were amazing. If you are planning on going to C2 and you live in the Knoxville area, You won't want to miss the April meeting. Lots of things to discuss....for everyone!
  11. tionnesharp Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, my other "female" friend and I will try and change the demographics of your group. You don't have any objections to women joining up, huh? We're going to Celeb II and would love to meet some fellow fans before May 2. My friend knows where Celeb Station is. I'm new in town. Do you have a firm date for the meet? We're thinking of joing the Nashville group. Do you advise? Or are you very close to forming a Knoxville chapter? Curious minds want to know...
  12. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    great. this is the place to meet those fans/collectors from your area before Celebration 2. the date is April 13th at noon at Celebration Station Knoxville. is the Nashville chapter you speak of the Nashville Fanforce? if so, you can reach them through their site or the Nashville Forum. the group i'm part of is the Tennessee Star Wars Collectors Group/Knoxville. you can check out our home page through my bio. we consist of collectors and fans from east Tennessee that meet each month to talk and get to share our Star Wars interests with one another. check out our site and the Nashville site and see what interests you. you and your friend, female or not, are more then welcome to join us any time you wish. i bet you will enjoy yourself if you do. we all have a great time getting together each month. hope to see ya there on saturday. by the way, you can email me directly at tennesseeblack@yahoo.com or leave me private email through TFN if you have any other questions.

--tennesseejedi--
  13. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Master

star 4
    Check this out

As of right now, it doesn't look like there's gonna be any TRU midnight madness in this area.
  14. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    ::: NOTICE :::

the April meeting of the TSWCG/Knoxville has been changed to this SUNDAY April 14th at NOON at CELEBRATION STATION so more people could attend. please try to make this meeting as it's the last meeting before the Midnight-Walmart-Toy-Run and Celebration 2 and there will be alot of updates on both of these events so be sure to attend. thanks and i hope to see many new Knoxville Star Wars fans and collectors on sunday.

--Brett (tennesseejedi)
    --TSWCG/Knoxville administrator--
  15. Lighthammer72 Force Ghost

Hi, everybody!(Hi, Dr. Nick!) I just found this forum last night and I'd like to come to the meeting this Sunday. I'll try to make it back to Knoxville in time, and in case I do I have a question regarding attire. If we have a costume or outfit should we wear it or is this more of a casual thing? Either way I'll probably bring the lightsabers I've built 'cause rough as they are I gotta show 'em to somebody or I won't be able to resist the temptaion to wear them to class.
  16. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    sure. if you wanna come dressed up in costume thats great, but most of us just come dressed casual to eat and talk. bring the sabers though. there is one member that makes all the high quality sabers...the best i've seen...so bring them along with any other items you want to show. be sure to check out the TSWCG site under my bio page and join up to keep up on all the latest area Star Wars news. see ya sunday.

--tennesseejedi--
  17. tennesseejedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    the meeting will be upstairs at Celebration Station on sunday so everyone can meet up there. they have a party room upstairs that we can use for the meeting. should work out just fine. let the fun begin. lots of new AOTC items to see and news to discuss.

--tennesseejedi--
  18. TanthosJorlac Jedi Knight

Yeah I had planned on bringing my own Lightsaber that I constructed plus a few goodies from my collection. Can't wait! See everyone Sunday!!
  19. TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    If this place has a TV and VCR for your use during the meeting, you may be getting a sneak preview of something in the Fan Film awards... does it?

Fenn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.