main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO April Showers lead to meetings on the weekend...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    So we have:

5/6
    12/13
    19/20
    26/27 (I won't be in town this weekend.)

Any ideas or suggestions for a meeting? :D

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    We can go camping at the new lake...in my yard. It's up to the 2nd tree close to my house. All I have to do is stock it with some fish then it'll be great fun!

I don't have any plans yet for April, so as far as I know any weekend is fine with me. I wouldn't mind doing bowling or something along those lines.

3. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    hmm, fishing sounds like fun, and with my matching lake in my backyard we would be set!! lol

Bowling sounds fun; I would be really free (ie, all day) on the 19th.

4. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Woo hoo fishing! LOL! My dogs are just tracking in mud and the littlest one wants to roll around in it. Yay! Thankfully my kids like to give the dogs baths and the dogs don't mind.

I am free on the 19th too!

5. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    Greetings kind friends,
    I do very much so apologize for my extended absence, these past few months have been rather hectic... but at any rate, i may or may not be available to meet the 19th as well, this weekend is Tartan days at old town st. Charles and next weekend i'm not sure, but i would so much like to meet you all at some point, I've said it before and i shant stop saying it, you all seem like such a nice and friendly bunch who have so much fun. Oh, and if we are fishing, do we bring our own gear? i assume yes, but i usually try to never assume anything. ^.^

6. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I do believe I'll be around on the 19th. :)

7. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I think we can all understand the hectic part. Tartan Days? That sounds like fun. Do you have a link to a website?

Don't worry about not meeting everyone yet. The boards have been kind of slow as have our meetings. It will pick up though.

8. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    Yes indeed, here's the home-page:

And it is, this year I'll be with our medieval encampment, one of William Wallace's Wode Warriors. heehee, i get to wear a kilt and be painted up in public? that alone screams adventure [face_laugh]

slow i can understand, spring is the life season, when everything seems to occur more quickly with our 'real' lives (i coin the term loosely of course, refering to jobs, family and whatnot :) ) than the time we set aside for our friends and personal hobbies...

9. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    sorry all, i think i messed that up alittle... [face_blush]

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    19th would work for me. :D

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    That stinks! I missed the Tartan days, due to birthday parties and one busy weekend. Ugh!

The 19th sounds good for me too.

12. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    aww, i'm sorry... but hey, ren-faire is coming up soon, so more chances to see guys in kilts ;) [face_laugh]

as far as i know, the 19th is looking good for me as well, i just need to make sure i know 1)location and 2) how to get there so my ride doesn't get lost n.n

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, I have not been to the Ren Faire yet for various reasons, so I do plan to make it this year and take the kids.

I am not sure we decided on a location yet for the 19th. Stay tuned. LOL!

14. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    lol, staying tuned...
    unfortunately due to situations beyond my control, i won't be able to make it the 19th. (mandatory all-cast for faire [face_blush] )but i will try my best to make the next one... i just have to keep an eye on the faire schedule, lol.

hugs and love from your friendly sharpshooter ^_^

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am so sorry. I have been so busy, and then sick, to get this in motion. I am getting used to working full time, but wow, after 10 years it is a process; and with Steve gone I have three full time jobs now.

Do we want to try to do something tomorrow or try for May? I won't be here next weekend and of course that doesn't mean you can't meet anyway.

OR we could meet somewhere on Friday night for dinner or social... :D

Just throwing some thoughts out, but I do promise to make the May meeting happen. :D

16. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh! The Friday night dinner thing sounds good. :)

I had a birthday party dropped on me a couple of days ago so that's where I'll be tonight.

17. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool! Anyone else up to dinner next Friday?

18. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    'Tis possible, I'll have to see what my schedule looks like, but dinner on Friday sounds fun ^_^

19. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Where should we go? I'm hungry now!

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I vote for somewhere that is easy to get to since I am having to drive Steve's truck (and I need a lot of room). LOL

21. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Hello all - it's been awhile since posting. Real life is keeping me hopping. I talked to Christina the other day and was really hoping to make it if there was a meeting/social this weekend. I completely forgot that I have tickets for Van Halen on Sat. (show has been rescheduled twice now) and leaves me taking care of other issues on Friday.

Good news - I finally got my inflatable movie screen this last week. This summer will be filled with backyard movie nights. No date for SW, but I will let you guys know when.

It's almost 12' x 12'. The screen itself is 144". We gave it a test run and watched the first half of Toy Story the other night (The kids in my neighborhood outnumber parents - so Toy Story it was :) ). I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the picture on the screen. I think the MovieMate could use a couple extra speakers, but that will be a future addition, as adding speakers requires a surround sound set up. Surround Sound for the backyard - how ridiculous does that sound? I don't even have it in my house yet.

Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well and I'll try to get on here more often.

Take care,
    Tim

22. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    hey, we can all appreciate real life and it's hazard to our health. ;) but it's good to know you haven't met with any misfortune. :D hehe, rather a great deal of fortune, Van Halen tickets and an inflatable movie screen? i wish i was so lucky lol.

oh hey, had we decided a place and time yet?

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Wanna do the Friday's by Ronnie's? At like 6:00? (I think they're open again by now. They had a bit of a fire a while back.) I still need to make sure someone's gonna be around to watch the kids. Tim said he would, but that has a way of falling through.

But, it's Friday and I really need an appletini.[face_dancing]

24. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah, I'm the only one showing up, aren't I? So I'm just gonna go to JP's Corner (not too far from the Friday's...on Gravois just west of Lindbergh). You can join me if you want. :)

25. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    dunno if i can make it up there, lack of willing transportation... (and my boyfriend's not responding to conventional communicate... ) but i hope ya have fun, drink an appletini for me ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.