main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Post 3000!

Yeah, I tend to hold the spines against a surface and then slowly bend them open. I find that bracing them that way, and only gently opening them (as opposed to opening them all the way) tends to preserve the spine.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Happy New Year! East coasters FTW! [face_party]

Point Given likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Happy New Year as well!!! Huzzah!

Point Given and Gorefiend like this.
  4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So I showed The Avengers to my parents tonight, and they enjoyed it.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I got that for xmas. I watched all the other ones plus it- so awesome.

Gorefiend likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Happy New Year!

I got home about an hour ago and paid my rent. Gave 2012 a send-off Gangnam Style. A good solid majority of Dillsburg did, while I heard someone say "They're all doing it..." like it was a Seinfeld episode.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    We decided to go down to Central Park to watch the fireworks and ring in the new year. A good amount of people there but much less crowded and much more intimate than Times Square. The grand finale was the best I've ever seen, a great way to start 2013.

Going back to my apartment was funny, especially seeing the aftermath of those who were completely wasted. Lots of people vomiting into trashcans (and unfortunately on the sidewalks) lots of people staggering home, and quite a few arguments.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The massive and slightly ground-shaking roar of the Disneyland fireworks alerted me to the start of the new year (as if all the televisions hadn't), so I decided to watch the fireworks from out my window without having to freeze out in the cold. Hurrah.

happy new year, folks. Best wishes for a pleasant and safe year!

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    After 3 cups of coffee I got through work on 4 hours sleep!
    Also, a mother called out to her daughter there today and her name was Daenerys. ^:)^

RC-1991 likes this.
  10. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Spent NYE with my SO and a friend playing Munchkin, and now I'm enjoying my Government Employee Day Off. Good way to start off 2013!

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    In less than an hour I have to leave for my last three days of military service for my great country (great because it allowed me to do most of my service in an office writing train tickets for other soldiers). Most of those three days are going to be spent counting and storing everything they have given us during these six months. Goodbye assault rifle! Goodbye helmet! Goodbye mess kit! Won't miss you.

It wasn't that bad stupid memory, stop being nostalgic about wrong things.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm at Sea World for NY day. Looked for AdmiralNick22 but I couldn't find him. But s65horsey will be pleased to know that I found otters.

At the shark exhibit now. I'm worried that they're in league with the Separatists.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

AdmiralNick22 and s65horsey like this.
  13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Time for underwater posting.

Be sure to have the whaladons sign it.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I have developed an alternative strategy.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well yeah I read most of my books on the kindle now; that's how I read my classics and how I read Plagueis but when I do have paperbacks, I'm careful.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    In DARK SOULS...

SAN HILL LIVES

[​IMG]
    (Not an actual spoiler)

s65horsey and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Consider yourself unfriended.[face_not_talking]

s65horsey likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What? Why? :(

I
    didn't call him the "ugliest character ever"....

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    My first copy of the OT novelizations (the one volume edition) fell apart, but I believe I still have all of it and I got a replacement for it. The cover of my first copy of Tales of the New Republic had to be repaired with Scotch tape, but it ended up with my cousin and I ended up getting a replacement for it. Most of my paperback books, especially my Harry Potter books and PT film novelizations, have creased spines. I have been more careful with the books I bought last year, so they should fair much better.

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So several of the shots from "Buckwild" were filmed in my neighborhood. That overlook that looks out onto Charleston? Not even 3 minutes from my house- my friends and I even hang out there sometimes. Now, it has been soiled. SOILED, I tell you. :(

It's like heavily buttered popcorn: tasty/entertaining, yet awful for your body/state's image.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    This is a good news/bad news post.

Bad news: my dentist accidentally shattered my tooth last week, and I had to undergo dental surgery today. And the two events are not actually related. I'd explain, but it's easier to leave people confused. Bwahaha.

Good news: I made a new friend, an emperor penguin named Palpy. Here he is with a jawa named Martinni:

[​IMG]

Ulicus , RC-1991 and TrakNar like this.
  23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Palpy's a penguin?

It's an improvement.:p

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, what would you name your new stuffed emperor penguin? I was thinking "Birdwin VII" but that didn't really seem to capture his adorable nature the way that "Palpy" did.

It also needs to capture how classy he is:

[​IMG]

edit: dear gods that's gigantic, let's try for a thumbnail

Ulicus likes this.
  25. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I've never owned a stuffed penguin, and if I had it would have been while I was still young enough to just name it Pingu.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.