main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I loved The Book of Mormon. I enjoyed it more because I was with my family. The obvious discomfort of my mom (who's quite religious) only made it more entertaining. Call me immature, but "hasa diga eebowai" is the only Broadway musical number I've ever had the serious urge to sing along to.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I saw that too. Hilarious.

As for Broadway shows, I so want to see Book of Mormon. My sister saw it and rubbed it in my face. Though, I did see Spamalot, easily the funniest show I've seen so far on Broadway.

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Astonishing fact of the day: there are lewd and sordid persons on Reddit who didn't enjoy playing as Haytham.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Gah. The L-Canon thread is driving me mad.

Palleus Chuff possessed by Piell is one thing, but I feel like I'm campaigning against Stargate!

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I know, isn't it great? [face_mischief]

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also -- long-ass bus ride to the GoT exhibit tomorrow (24 hrs from now I should post a pic of myself on the Iron Throne), so I've decided to buy all the comics I haven't read yet and catch up. Thank goodness for DH digital.

So that means two AOTE, one Wood SW, and the first two DOTJ to see if it captures my interests or not.

Any comics I'm missing? What else is on going?

8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Are you looking specifically for Star Wars comics? I'm new to comics in general, but there have been some interesting titles lately.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    SW comics specifically, yes.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ghost Prison. Dark Times. Blood Ties. Maybe Purge.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Purge? There's a new Purge? Huh. And yeah, am super behind on DT...

I have absolutely read all of Ghost Prison, though. I had to read that hot off the presses. It was spectatraordinary.

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    The new Purge wasn't bad. Wasn't especially memorable, but an entertaining enough read, and only two issues.

Only other recent thing I can think of is, of course, Legacy.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Purge: The Tyrant's Fist was the title of the recent two-parter. It wasn't bad- not as good as The Hidden Blade or the original Purge, but better than Seconds to Die.

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Only after we told you to. :p

CooperTFN and Ulicus like this.
  15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    So, I'm reading 1776. It's pretty great so far. Anyone else have any opinions on the book?

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I might, if I had any idea what it was.

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

Hmm, talking of that I should have my copy of the trade in just under two weeks!

18. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    It's a book about the first year of the American War of Independence. Won a Pulitzer or some such.

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It is a fantastic book. David McCullough is one of my favorite authors, especially his prize winning book John Adams. I like 1776 because it captures every major moment in that incredibly pivotal year- the liberation of Boston, the signing of the Declaration, the British capture of New York, and ultimately the Battle of Trenton. McCullough has a way that makes each historical figure come to life in such an amazing way.

--Adm. Nick

RC-1991 likes this.
  20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    David McCullough's book on the (American) Civil War is, for me, the definitive story of the Civil War told in a single volume.

21. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Excellent. Playing AC3 reignited an interest in Early American History, so it's good to know that it is a well-regarded text.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Which one?

23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So I came across something interesting while on the forums, which I highlighted

[​IMG]

If that's who I think it is, that'd be absolutely hilarious. Reminds me of the days when Denning and Traviss would lurk on the old forums!

The account, for reference: http://boards.theforce.net/members/marndt.1377911/

Barriss_Coffee and RC-1991 like this.
  24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Not even saying he wouldn't do it, but why make an account, let alone with his real name?

25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, or haven't been here long enough, but who is that supposed to be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.