main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    At least my born-again Christian cousin is smart enough to never discuss her religion on facebook. She has some... less than enlightened views on religion, to put it lightly.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have one of those too but the only thing she's posted that pissed me off was her vote for North Carolina's Evilmendment One.

My high school classmates who are religious have almost all unfriended me. Apparently I "liked" too many pictures from the Gay Marriage USA feed. [face_laugh]

krtmd, instantdeath and Gorefiend like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I rarely get political on facebook, and I tend to ignore those people who do. I'll occasionally get into a discussion in comments somewhere, but I'll never post anything myself.

There's always that one person that everyone knows who posts the most ridiculous stuff on fb statuses. I don't know what's more remarkable -- the passion with which people say those things, or the fact that they're shocked that people will react negatively to it in comments. What, you post something controversial and there's controversy!? Mirabile dictu!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
  6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Either way, they both served with AVALANCHE. And later in the Galbadian Army.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Wrong. It's O-canon, which outweighs D, G, T, C, and N canon.

8. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    On second thought, I'll take the fact that Wedge has greater name value than Biggs with the public as a good sign. I still want my Rogue Squadron TV series.

If Wedge grew a mustache, it'd be the best of both worlds.

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, GrandAdmiralJello -- also from the CKII patch notes:

"- Added title history for the Byzantine Empire going back all the way to Augustus"

10. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I can't remember the last time I saw so many locked threads in Lit.

Anyways, went to the other side of Universal today, probably enjoyed Terminator and Blues Brothers the most.

Sent via Mojave Courier service

11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Got a chance to see Star Trek Into Darkness, as well as the 2009 film. While I'm sure it's not at all representative of Star Trek as a franchise, I really enjoyed them both as action films, and considering Star Wars seems to lean a bit more in that direction than Star Trek ever has, I'm reasonably confident in the choice of director for EVII (before this, all I had as reference was Lost and Super 8).

The films seem somewhat controversial in the fanbase: in reference to someone mentioning that the shoutouts became tiresome, I think not being familiar with them might have heightened my enjoyment a bit. In Into Darkness, the only references I noticed were the "Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a ____" line, which I'm perfectly fine with (frankly, a Star Trek movie without that would be like a Star Wars movie without the obligatory "I've got a bad feeling about this"), and of course the Kirk/Spock role switch and the Big Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I did, however, catch the Sulu fencing reference in the first film, and I'm glad I did. That was a great reference.

The new regime is sending a message. Submit or be destroyed.

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    you have no chance to survive make your time

13. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    So you're saying that now would not be the best time to propose some agrarian reforms!

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Uli's tyranny knows no bounds--you're going to look back on three locked threads a day as the Golden Age.

15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    The Night of the Ban Knives is upon us.

16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Soon he'll lock this thread. From this threads ashes a new social thread shall rise: a better, stronger, safer social thread, where only praise to Ulicus will be spoken.

18. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I'm PS :D

I usually frequent the EUC (Blue Moon Cantina) and SWC more than other forums. However, I thought I'd stop in and introduce myself since I am a fan of SW literature (Currently on Dark Tide II). I'm a bit behind on my reading but I've enjoyed the journey so far. :D

krtmd, Sinrebirth and instantdeath like this.
  19. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Salve!

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sup Pearlsaber. You'll find the Lit social thread has about a third the posts of BMC or CCC, but about 10 times as much actual discussion. :p

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Welcome. :) I'm fairly new around here myself and I'm only a little ahead of you in the NJO; on the last chapter of Hero's Trial.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *adopts an offended expression*

*mentally remembers to find a pretext to ban Todd next time he visits the EUC or SWC*

ma_petite likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah I did end up seeing that -- had to paste the patch notes into the notepad app to read them.

There was something else I found fascinating too but I've already forgotten. Bah! Oh well. Looking forward to playing my first non Italian/ non Greek campaign. Reviving the Sassanid Empire is gonna be tough going though.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Double posting because phone. I hereby give Uli or PG permission to merge my posts.

Anyway -- you know he's right! You kids who inherited the EUC are regular chatter boxes :p

PS -- welcome to Lit! As a former EUC mod turned Lit mod who was a former Lit user turned EUCer turned RPFer turned JCCer returning to Lit, I can say that you shouldn't have any trouble fitting in.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

24. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. :)

Sent from my mobile desk via R3-S12

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.