main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's quite the absolutist position Jello, why not?

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Everybody keeps talking about it and re fencing it. At first it was just Internet people but now others as well.

It's annoying. :p

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Speaking of which--one week til Breaking Bad!! [face_dancing]

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    We needed something to break the GoT-mania around here!

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, talk about it all you like. I'm not so uncouth as to demand people only talk about things that I like.

I mean people insisting that *I* watch it when I said annoying.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I can't really say I get the appeal of either GoT or Breaking Bad, it just doesn't appeal, but they're both quite specific genres at heart. Doc Who is both more wide-ranging, lighter and inclined to genre splicing. That said, that quirky element betrays its origins so it might well be unsatisfying to those outside the UK, I mean the Doc's never getting a final victory over the Daleks and the continuity is.... flexible, very flexible.

7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've added Breaking Bad to my Netflix queue so we'll see. I could not get into Game of Thrones.

I love Doctor Who though.

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I watched the first four seasons of Breaking Bad over about a month--and then had to wait another six months for Season Five to start...which consisted of 8 episodes. :_|

Edit: Attention Havac

[​IMG]

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Which is why I'm not touching the fifth season until the series is complete. And if anyone tries to give out spoilers for it, I'll be the one who's knocking.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Would watch.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm not ready to say goodbye to Matt yet. Though, Capaldi seems to be alright.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't know what's better; that Wedge is randomly the director of all of them, or that Shira Brie is randomly in the Lando one.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Huh, my first Doctor change. I discovered the series when Matt Smith started his run, so it will be interesting to see if I can survive a change like this. Veteran Whovians are used to this, but I am not. Then again, I have survived the loss of the Ponds, so anything is possible. My main concern is their decision to use an older Doctor. I feel like the series might not have the same appeal to me.

Yes, yes, I know there have been older Doctors before. I am just not ready to say goodbye to MY Doctor yet!

--Adm. Nick

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I wonder what his catchphrase will be. I'm always partial to "fantastic", and "allonsy" was great just for the buildup to this:

NOTE: I have not actually watched Doctor Who. Don't ask me why I know this stuff. =P

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I watched when I was little, then got back in with the 9th doctor.

Game of Thrones, I bought the season 1 Blue Ray, but still haven't watched it. One of these months.
    Haven't watched Breaking Bad or Supernatural.
    Actively despise Big Bang Theory
    Community, Castle, Bones, HIMYM all get my love, in that order. Looking forwards to Agents of Shield.

If you only ever watch a single episode of Doctor Who, I'd recommend The Doctor's Wife.

17. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I got into Doctor Who with the Third Doctor, so the idea of an older Doctor really isn't that much of a problem for me. I'm pretty stoked that UNIT's gonna be in the 50th anniversary ep, though, they're half the reason I got into the show in the first place. :p

18. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    "I am the very model of the modern UNIT Brigadier, I have information Dalek, Cybermen, and Hand of Fear. I witnessed the burning of Gallofrey, when not to blink and when to run away."

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    They are? Sweet, I was hoping we would see more of UNIT. They are such a big part of the shows history that not having them in the 50th anniversary would be shameful. Hopefully they will show up a lot more after that as well.

I'm happy they are going back to an older Doctor. Very smart move IMO, it should really change things up.

20. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey, they're using his daughter now. All we need is for Benton and Yates to make cameos and the circle will be complete.

21. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Speaking of daughters, when will Jenny come back?

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm still waiting for Susan to come back.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Greetings from Beijing!

Amusingly, half the images in this thread refuse to load :p.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Lugija likes this.
  24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Imperialist propaganda, all of it.
    [​IMG]

25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Somehow the Rebels make better ones.

[​IMG]