main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, but I didn't catch the name. Wonder if he was the one who had the Blenheim Bouquet stocked -- probably not, since its in travel sizes and criminals rarely have such taste.

Just grabbed a pic of rhinos drinking at the water hole at a neighboring hotel we're visiting for wifi.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I suspect it was this guy, unless there are way more hotels that once belonged to Arab arms dealers over there than I thought.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...oh. Well maybe the soap IS his after all...

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    All too easy.

You're not the peons, though. We are. :(

5. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Speak for yourself.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

All you Mods are slaves to the mob.

Did no one tell you this before you took up your indefinite and infinite term of office?

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    How does it rotate (falsely) on the equator? :eek:

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Y'know you quote that guy, yet I'll have you know that I was the pro-Senate guy in my classes. I once had a huge argument with a pro-emperor professor whom I effectively called a rabble-rouser.

Not my words, but those were the words he attributed to me. I didn't mind.

The coriolis effect doesn't actually work on drains -- it works on large scale phenomenon like winds or water currents.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, it was more a general quip of mod-dom not being quite what it could be considered to be Jello! LIttle more than that.

If we're talking of Lit more seriously for instance then I'd say the net culture is at the point where it's reasonably self-reinforcing and self-policing, which doesn't anything more of a poster than some thought in what they're typing but such is the internet, that's a big deal.

Stick the lot of us in a pub and they'd be one hell of a bill for booze but zero property damage or aggro.

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I know, that's why I had the fine printing there.

In other news: Starkid's musicals are totally awesome. If the upcoming Batman/Superman-movie doesn't have Sweet Tooth as a villain played by Jeff Blim, I'm not going to watch it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fixed.

Lugija likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So I've returned from my trip to Barcelona. Overall it was an amazing trip. Expect pictures soon. ;)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Welcome back!:)

Look forward to it. An old roomie of mine visited Spain once and upon graduating moved their permanently. Completely unexpected even from her angle, but she hasn't regretted it. (well, except for Mediterranean Europe's ongoing financial woes...). I haven't been there but I'm sure it must be an awesome country if it makes people get the urge to pack up and move there.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I saw your status on facebook, and having been to Amsterdam's airport, I just can't work it out; what is so great about Schipol?!

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's a joke about layovers. though that airport did have some great Dutch chocolate

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Posting from the edge of a volcanic caldera. One if the nicer hotel room views I've had -- or at least I assume so. Will find out when the sun rises. Tomorrow we do a game drive in the savannah inside the volcano -- apparently animals are unique there, having been isolated for ages. Then on Friday we begin the two and a half day journey home...

To get to Tanzania we had to take the smallest passenger airline planne I've taken. Less than twenty seats. So small that the wind would actually blow the plane aside so the pilot had to make constant course corrections. The cockpit was open though so it was fun watching the pilots. Also got to see Kilimanjaro from the air, which was epic.

Todd -- look forward to seeing that arch!

Ben -- mods redundant? Internet self-policing? Ever been to JCC? Or, heck, LACWAC?

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm only talking about Lit Jello, the other wilder, more untamed forums? I'll leave those to you and your fellow Mods foolish enough to sign up for enforcing them. ;)

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Welcome back Todd. :) Looking forward to those pictures.

I am currently sitting in Logan Airport getting ready for my flight home. The cataloging and shelving I need to do at work, will do itself so I can change my flight and stay in this fabulous weather for a few more days, right? Right.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll be at Logan in about a week and a half!

20. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I can't speak to the weather in NC upon your return anakinfan, but it's like New England here in DC today. Cool, breezy, no humidity. Dunno what's come over Mother Nature, but I'll take it.

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Oddly enough, it's cool and breezy here in Chicagoland as well. I'm going to a barbeque tonight and the weather couldn't be better for it.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay! I've got all the best photos on Facebook, so I'll post the highlights here!

This is La Pedrera, a mansion designed by Antoni Gaudi. It's extremely unique, especially the rooftop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's the main attraction of Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia. This church has been under construction for over 100 years, and still has a lot of work left.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And here's the views of the city from the top.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's a really cool attraction- the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc. It was wicked cool to see, as the fountain changed formation and colors to the tune of various songs. At the top of the hill was a really cool-looking art museum.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This was a really cool place- Park Güell, another Gaudi design.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And then here is the Arc de Triomf, which came after the one in Paris. It is the entrance of a park that ends in the Barcelona Zoo, which has a great variety of animals.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And then my favorite part of the trip- climbing Montserrat. This was unlike any mountain I've ever seen, and had breathtaking views at the summits.
    [​IMG]

And the view.
    [​IMG]

23. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Good grief, and I thought my trip to the UK was awesome. Color me jealous as can be, Jello and Todd.

Ben, I'm going to hold off on making a thread until I've read all of the strips I'm able to, but so far a few things have stood out as interesting for me. I've already been over Griff and by extension the Imperial military, but the character of Tanith Shire is another interesting point for me. Her appearance predates Shira Brie's as Luke's first love interest besides Leia, right? Because if so she's rather...one-dimensional, aiding the Serpent Masters notwithstanding.

There's a couple of other characters I'd love to see return as well. Raskar, in particular---the guy seems like he'd get on very well with Talon Karrde, and I can certainly seem him being part of the Smuggler's Alliance while it was active. I also kinda like the character of Commander Orlok from the Revenge of the Jedi arc--it's rare we see your typical "angry Imperial officer" shown to actually have some tactical savvy.

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Damn it, Todd--no spoilers, I'm waiting for the TPB.

25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.