main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Weirdest thing on the Iron Man 3 Blu-Ray: Bill Maher playing the Marvel Universe version of himself.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, since there's a Boba Fett movie, there's no point to doing a Boba Fett bridge game.

Edit:

WOOT! LEGACY HARDCOVER 1# ARRIVED!

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah. Definitely showed me that I had it completely wrong regarding LEC's lack of developing anything -- they were, but the suits just wouldn't let them do anything with it. Nothing worse than wasted potential.

Zeta1127 and Cynical_Ben like this.
  4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I still stand by Burn Notice as being a show worth watching, it recently came to close with its seventh and final season, and unlike many shows I have liked over the years, there was nothing premature or rushed about the ending. To the point I was saying, "This is how you end Burn Notice," by the end of the finale. NCIS and NCIS: LA also continue to deliver, and I am behind on my other favorites such as White Collar.

5. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    you realize the boba fett movie rumor was actually confirmed to be false, right?

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So I just watched "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" for the first time. The whole "Odyssey set in 1930s Mississippi" is a rather unorthodox concept, but I liked it.

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    No, never heard anything of the sort until now.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I still need to catch up with the final two episodes of Burn Notice. I don't think its final season has been all that impressive... but I do very much enjoy it, anyway.

I appreciate that you managed to talk about it without spoiling anything, too. Cheers. :D

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As I've commented elsewhere, reading the sentence "a project code-named Wingman that was going to be a Wii U title modeled after the old TIE Fighter and X-Wing games." burns my soul.

Especially how nothing like it is likely to come out of EA given the ongoing EA/Nintendo stand-off.

Yeah, I'm more or less in the same boat (except for the Sopranos- I just cannot care about mob stories), though Breaking Bad is going to be the first series I marathon once I sign up for Netflix sometime in the next year or so (well, that and Sense8, due to JMS and all).

"At least it wasn't freakin' aliens."

10. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    yep yep yep!

11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I didn't get it until just now.

s65horsey and Trip like this.
  12. jacktherack

Mar 19, 2008
    here's the link

13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Trip's new avatar.

Trip and jacktherack like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  15. jacktherack

Mar 19, 2008
    I couldn't remember who it was but i remember one of the member's saying they disliked the land before time.
    I have no idea how that is even possible, it's one of the greatest animated movies ever. Although the sequels don't count since they aren't made by Don Bluth.

Trip likes this.
  16. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    It wasn't confirmed to be true. That's a long way from it being confirmed to be false. And keep in mind even stories that have been declared false were later shown to be true; remember the Cumberbatch=Kahn rumors? 100% correct, even though they were fervently denied at the time.

I know you hate Boba Fett, you bring it up in just about every post you make, but wishing something to be doesn't make it true. Rumors and evidence, and Joe Johnson's own admissions, point toward a Boba Fett movie being made at some point in the future. The question isn't "if", it's "when."

To use your own terminology: deal with it.

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    if there would be Origin movies for the OT, it would be:

Solo
    Boba

and either Vader or Leia

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I could see a Boba Fett spin-off movie. Not one I'll spend money on, but I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

19. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    I can see them doing a "young Vader" movie, drawing from a lot of the comics about the period Batman Begins style. Basically Purge in two hours.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A reboot of the PT? Or Anakin in years birth to age 9?

21. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    No no, I mean a young Vader movie, after RotS and before ANH, dealing with him hunting down Jedi and running an Empire. I would be wonderfully, deliciously dark, hence the comparison to Batman Begins.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. jacktherack

Mar 19, 2008
    there's no diffrence beetween somthing confirmed to not be true and somthing confirmed to be false.
    it's a rumor nothing more.
    there's as much evidence of this happening as there is a jabba the hutt spinoff movie.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Clearly you need one of these:

[​IMG]

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, whole swaths of fandom wanted to see Vader hunting down the Jedi ala The Force Unleashed's opening level.

They didn't get that in ROTS.

25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    They did in the ROTS videogame. That was my favorite level personally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.