main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Would it be inappropriate to make a joke about super powers?

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

Was already made on the shuttle home from class, so not at all :p

CooperTFN likes this.
  3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    What if Virginia becomes a state composed entirely of super people? Who's going to form the Institute for Higher Learning?

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yikes. Even more worrisome that they don't know how much spilled yet.

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh thank god.

Worse--West Virginia.

RC-1991 likes this.
  6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

Virginia? Pfft. We're talking about WEST Virginia here. The BEST* Virginia!

Barriss_Coffee yeah, fortunately it seems to be contained to that watershed, so my family just drove up 30 miles south of me to stay with relatives.

*Best at obesity and alcoholism rates

7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I loved the episode, and how it actually addressed the Jeff/Annie relationship without any hints of sinking it. I hope they are spurred on by Pierces death to move on and stop playing games when they clearly care for each other.I'm just hoping they don't reverse again with the next episode, like after Pascals Triangle, or have one of the showrunners tell us we Jeff/Annie fans read into it wrong, like the Convention episode. But given the quality of this season so far, I am optimistic again.

The episode was more an homage to crime thriller movies, but it also makes a great followup to Lupine Urology. And someone pointed out to me that the Ass Crack bandit is not new, but was mentioned back in season 2, as part of the Student President debate with Jeff and Annie.

As for Pierce's will, that is the next episode, and while Annie is his favorite, I can see it ending up with Troy, who lived with Pierce for a year. Pierce could task Troy to continue with his legacy, and Troy could accept to find out who he really is without Abed. That would explain his absence from the season later.

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, well, alright then. :)

9. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    The next episode has the executor of Pierces will giving a polygraph to the group.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I had to be careful reading this thread on tapatalk, since the stupid thing doesn't know how to do spoiler tags.

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Another reason why I never bothered with Tapatalk, other than the fact that it wants me to pay for it.

Ulicus likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Impressive!

2 Liberty, 4 Home One, six Nebulon (with three more from Starships battles), three cruiser-carriers, six Corellian corvettes, 41 Millennium Falcons, three Gallofree transports, 16 B-wings, 16 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 8 X-wings...

... Eight SSDs, 14 ISDs, 16 TIE fighters, 8 TIE Interceptors, 4 TIE Bombers, three TIE Advanced, two Lambda shuttles.

I use Gallofree's as Strike-class cruisers and then Bothan Assault cruisers... SSDs as Enforcer-class cruisers and then Defender-class assault carriers... Three Cloud City's as Golan battle stations... four Hutt skiffs as Hutt light cruisers...

... Two Starbases from Star Trek as Imperial platforms, various Galaxy-class vessels as Hapan Battle Dragons, various warbirds and battle cruisers as Tof, Nagai and Vagaari vessels...

16 bronze ISDs as Yuuzhan Vong warships, 20 bronze Millennium Falcon's as Yuuzhan Vong frigates, 30-odd bronze X-wings as Coralskippers, 30-odd bronze airspeeders as Yuuzhan Vong Yoric-Vec, one bronze Death Star II as a world ship and then lastly a bronze and a silver Liberty cruiser as two Matalok cruisers.

And yes I said 41 Millennium Falcons. No idea why the seller had them but he threw them into the bronze collection... So I use them as Yuuzhan Vong corvettes and one as the Falcon as that one has blue engines while the rest have white.

My father made me Dreadnaught-class cruisers, TIE Defenders and Nova-class battle cruisers, which I really put pics up of. Though I did at one point use the stands as Coralskippers as I had dozens upon dozens of the things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  13. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    So tonight was a good and bad night for television!

True Detectives premiered on HBO and I'm currently watching it on HBO Go. I'm not a huge fan of Matthew C. (I'm not even gonna try to spell his last name) but he's definitely playing an interesting character here. I keep noticing abunch of black people that were on The Wire. I'm digging it so far and I can't wait to see where it goes!

Girls is also coming back tonight and it's my favorite show that I love to hate. I'll be checking it out as well.

On the downside Lupita Nyongo was totally snubbed. :( She was amazing in 12 Years a Slave and for some reason she lost to Jennifer Lawrence who was in a movie that was...well...less than stellar. I don't want to cry "racism" because this happens all the time in the Golden Globes. However, Lupita was so stupidly amazing in that movie that I'm going to go ahead and call it. Tina and Amy are in top form during the Golden Globes as always! I miss Ricky Gervais but this is definitely a step up.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah it was a snub, but I'm fine with it because J-Law was pretty damn good. I'm even fine with Fassbender losing to Jared Leto, who had an about on par performance.

Oh well. At least 12 Years got Best Picture. And yeah, Fey and Poehler were great.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The second season of Girls was hit-and-miss for me but I really got into the two episodes tonight. I can appreciate a lot of the reasons people roll their eyes at it, but I have to admit I enjoy the hell out of it when it's firing on all cylinders. Also, Allison Williams.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Currently introducing a pair of friends to the awesomeness that is Leverage.

CooperTFN likes this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I bailed on Leverage about a season before it ended; still want to go back and finish it someday.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Let It Go should have won that GG dammit.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I may - repeat, may - have run over a bridge singing Let It Go. I'm not confessing.

Besides, it was too wide to get both hands on railings.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I didn't even like the song all that much my first time watching the film ( I preferred Do You Want To Build A Snowman and For The First Tine in Forever) but my second viewing this weekend changed my mind and now I have the soundtrack.

But you won't catch me singing it, ever. More like a dignified mental recitation -- not a peep of sound from me. I had to sing somebody happy birthday yesterday and it was pretty terrible to have to do such.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You do seems more like a "Be prepared" kind of man admiral

Rogue_Follower and CooperTFN like this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nonsense! Why would you imagine I supported that fascist traitor and usurper? I support the rightful king -- as a kid my favorite song was I Can't Wait To Be King, while now it's Circle of Life.

I always like the good guys, just like in Star Wars.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Sinrebirth and darthscott3457 like this.
  23. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  24. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I really thought the first episode of TD was fantastic. My husband and I were laughing out loud - a lot of very dark humor. Or at least I thought so. Also, I too am not a Matthew McC fan, but I thought he was really great. The role plays to all his strengths. He's also so gaunt looking. Geez, when did he lose so much weight?

I DVR'd Girls, but haven't watched it yet. I agree with Coop's take on S2, but I'm willing to give it a shot. It's still heads above most of the tv drivel, even when it's not so good.

Haven't watched my DVR of last night's Downton Abbey either. Why must everything air on Sunday night?

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I've only seen the first episode of this season of DA. Last two seasons really annoyed me and I've not been motivated to continue it.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.