main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I actually felt the same way as Jello as a kid...but I want back and watched some episodes as an adult and found the show to be really, really good.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, he reads books.

Anyway, the manager at my gym got a new haircut and now he looks exactly like Benedict Cumberbatch. This is hilarious. I really want to shout "KHAAAAAAAN!" at him.

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Trust me trying to watch that show had lots of other problems then just the bad music. :p

You should quote the better movie Cumberbatc was in at him you know the "I am Fire!" one ;)

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's the thing, though. The Robin of Teen Titans was highly theorized to be Dick Grayson, not Drake. There's three big references that seem to verify this theory. Both Drake and Grayson appeared in various DCAU shows, and there's Batman's line from Static Shock referencing the Titans, so there is room for ambiguity. But ask the creators of TT and they'll pretty much insist their Robin is Grayson.

I know, that might kill your idea of a cool and interesting character dynamic, but it is what it is.

And Jello, there is some action from "old geezer Batman" in Batman Beyond, IIRC. Not much, but some. ;)

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Also, Dick Grayson in the DCAU is already in college before Batman really begins to mix in with the larger superhero universe--unless you take a really loose view of the chronology, the only way that could work is if Dick was running around with Beast Boy and Cyborg before Batman and Superman had even met.

Regarding Bruce in BB, all I'll say is Return of the Joker has the best Bruce-as-Batman scene in the entire continuity.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Schwarbage.

8. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Fun fact: Tatooine, despite being an inhospitable desert, has far and away the most species of animals living on it that have appeared in Star Wars media. Over twice as much as the next best planet, Yavin 4.

9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Though most seem to be imported.

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, I imagine the intent doesn't line up well, and even if it did the show could never acknowledge it (how much of a downer would it be for the main hero of the show to be rewarded with sleepless nights and unending torment? Oh wait, I forgot they did a show about Batman). I'll probably watch Teen Titans after the DCAU, if only for nostalgia, so I'll see how I feel about my headcanon then. If nothing else, I think it nicely explains why Robin seems to have absolutely no contact with Batman in that series. After the events of Return of the Joker, they wouldn't have been on speaking terms.

The thing about Old Bruce, though, is that he absolutely steals every scene he's in, so it balances out. I mean, he fills his awesome quota in the first episode alone

And then, of course, there's the time he tortured a guy (off-screen) with his cane: love Max's shudder after she apparently hears the screams. And, of course, there's the team up scene.

That's gotta be the highlight of somebody's career.

11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    instantdeath

Do you want an ESO beta key for this weekend to try the game for free?

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Is it just for this weekend? Sounds interesting, but I'm not going to have very much time this weekend, so it might be somewhat wasted on me. If it's between me and just not using it, though, I could probably get some time in.

14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It starts Friday at noon EDT and ends at 11:59pm EDT on Sunday. I have three beta keys that no one seems to want.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Incidentally, I would totally see that musical.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I probably would too, even after the lethal dose of pain injection that was Spider-man Broadway.

If you're looking to get rid of him, I'd be glad to take one off your hands. I can probably at least play enough to know whether I'd be interested in the game. But you owe me :p

17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
  18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It says Admiral Ozzel, but all I see is Hitler.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm reading a non-Star-Wars book now but I can't decide between Maul: Lockdown, Honor Among Thieves or starting the X-Wing series for my next Star Wars read. All are on my Kindle but...decisions.

/first world problems

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    X-WING SERIES. READ IT NOW

CooperTFN, Kylun, Zeta1127 and 4 others like this.
  21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't they actually have Nightwing on a set-in-the-future episode? Considering Dick's always the Robin to grow into Nightwing―Red Robin for Tim, Red Hood for Jason, and obscurity for Damian―it seems like Dick being the Teen Titans Robin is pretty much confirmed.

Ehh...I have to draw a line somewhere. :p

Contessa and Cynical_Ben like this.
  22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Can't be worse than Batman & Robin. Nothing can.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Mia Mesharad Yeah, that's one of the three I alluded to. The others being a brief flashback to his childhood as part of a family of trapeze artists, as well as an alternate dimension version of him named Nosyarg Kcid.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

Welp, my work here is done. Time for bed.

Kylun, Force Smuggler and Cynical_Ben like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This post with about five likes.

Question answered.

Thank you, Lit forum, you were my only hope.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.