main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Atton's voice-acting was also pretty top-notch. Great emotional range, from whiny to self-righteous. Particularly when he rips into you about Dxun and Malachor V.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed. The disgust you can hear in his voice when he talks about Dxun and Malachor and Serocco is chilling.

3. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    ID: Ooh, didn't see the link earlier, that looks great! Muchas gracias.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They're both in the same video. :p

You got the easter egg dialogues (there was more than just that) by beating the game three times, or by editing the .ini file to tell the game that you'd beaten it three times. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, I didn't watch the whole thing. [face_laugh]

I see. Funny, as many different characters as I have (plus my brothers play so there are probably about 50 characters) I've only finished one or two. :p So what other Easter egg dialogues are there? I've never heard of any more beyond those two.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    For our Game of Thrones fans

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Man, that's gonna be really helpful to me in a month or so.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Awesome poster, but it is lacking Ser Barristan Selmy, so it is reduced in value by -1.

--Adm. Nick

Havac and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Selmy FTW! Depending on how I'm feeling about Dany at the time, Selmy's usually my second or third favorite character.

Also in other news, apparently TOS is doing some sort of march madness inspired bracket of favorite characters. Their first poll pits Artoo against Wedge, which is just UNFAIR.

http://thisismadness.starwars.com/

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You should've voted for Porkins last week.

11. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Pitting Wedge against a manifestation of Shiva? Poor Wedge.

12. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So who is the first?

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Because I feel like it:
    Battle of Grunwald by Jan Matejko
    [​IMG]

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nice X-Men homage - don't care about GoT.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Me neither but I know that there are some GoT fans here, so I share it for them

16. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    There was a neat Star Wars Insider cover similar to that back in 2005/06, starring Purge victims and survivors. Obi-wan was front and center, I believe.

17. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's idiocy for me ID, Hitler as in "guy ranting on YouTube about his XBox LIve membership being revoked" which is actually a doctored Downfall clip, that's funny. Outside of that? nope, it's not - attribute it to reading too much history!

Idea I'm getting at ID is there should be a good ending, it should be hard to get and, in some instances, it won't be available due to player choices, but it should be present. It isn't, which in turn undermines the impact of the player's choices.

You're definitely the minority there. Citadel represents DLC at its very best, and is one of the greatest showcases that the entire concept of DLC is not just a cash grab, but an opportunity to do things that could never be done in the game itself, but enriches the overall experience. Citadel proves, along with Lair of the Shadow Broker, that DLC can be, dare I say it, an art in itself.[/quote]

It's certainly an art in screwing up! It's certainly nowhere near LotSB - which only had one crap section in the form of the aircar chase.

But it requires I go through 2 levels that are each a metaphorical turd sandwich.

Monster, really? "Consumer" is a much more accurate term! On the technical level is where it pissed me off greatly. Lens flare in the eyes to make aiming harder? Check. Girders that suddenly are in your line of fire as you come out from cover? Check. Inconsistency in what you can use as cover? Check.

It's all meaningless if I can't get to that! And I can't and such is the sheer revolting nature of those 2 levels, I severely doubt these would actually pay off to such a degree a that I could overlook the pair of stinkers.

The only version of love those 2 levels communicate to me is that of a masochistic bastard.

If anything, this likely did more damage to ME3 for me than the endings! Those I was forewarned about and the EC took the edge off! Citadel was sold as a fun DLC, there was none in those 2 levels! It is exceedingly rare for me, on a game, to decide to abandon it midway and leave incomplete. (Only one other DLC has that dubious honour and that's the Arkham City Harley Quinn DLC - also crap, due to the decision to allow her infinite goons. That was bad enough with Two-Face on the Catwoman levels.)

I fail to see how much more clearly I can put it: I did not enjoy the parts of the Citadel DLC I played, I cannot ever see myself enjoying it, thus I despise it immensely. You had a different experience, that's nice for you, it certainly wasn't so for me.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sansa, of course. Who else?

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No offence but the version from Roberto Campus deviantart page have a better quality
    [​IMG]

21. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    It's certainly an art in screwing up! It's certainly nowhere near LotSB - which only had one crap section in the form of the aircar chase.

But it requires I go through 2 levels that are each a metaphorical turd sandwich.

Monster, really? "Consumer" is a much more accurate term! On the technical level is where it pissed me off greatly. Lens flare in the eyes to make aiming harder? Check. Girders that suddenly are in your line of fire as you come out from cover? Check. Inconsistency in what you can use as cover? Check.

It's all meaningless if I can't get to that! And I can't and such is the sheer revolting nature of those 2 levels, I severely doubt these would actually pay off to such a degree a that I could overlook the pair of stinkers.

The only thing I wanted out of the extended endings was a follow up to Shepard breathing in the rubble, I don't understand why Bioware left that bit alone when they expanded the content of your choices

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Supposedly a Bioware dev commented on the official forums that, in the Shep Lives ending, he ends up reuniting with his crew and his love interest.

Which was my headcanon anyway, because I'm a helpless romantic.

23. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Ditto, it's a shame we couldn't get some sort of cinematic of that

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Your request has been rejected by the Bureau of Realism. Romantic idealism of the kind you ask for is dead. You need to be realistic. You will die and it will not be "continue?", it will be "Game Over, man". You will adjust to this brutal realism or else. Resistance is futile.

EDIT: This post has been brought to you by...

[​IMG]

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  25. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!

:p

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.