main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Book 2 of Sanderson's Stormlight Archive, Words of Radiance has just come out, the first book Way of Kings was 2010 but in-between the two?

He only did the final 2 Wheel of TIme volumes, the Mistborn: Alloy of Law sequel, plus Legion and Emperor's Soul.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Let's put it this way: anyone who's interested enough to watch advance BTS material about the movie probably either already knows or could've figured out that was Sebastian Stan the second they saw him. Anyone who pays little enough attention to not figure it out probably isn't watching the BTS stuff and will therefore not be spoiled.

3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's still marketing bollox Coop!

Put it this way: If ESB came out today, everyone going in would know Vader was Luke's father given how marketing now seems to work.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, but Bucky isn't Darth Vader. Most people can't even remember who Bucky was in the first movie, since it was mostly focusing on Cap, Peggy, Stark, Red Skull, and Tommy Lee Jones. ANH featured Vader more than TFA featured Bucky, plus TFA was pretty quickly paced, so it's easy to forget Bucky by the end, whereas Vader leaves a lasting impression.

I mean, it'll still be a big IU revelation I imagine, once Cap figures out the Winter Soldier's identity, but it's not an OOU revelation that they need to keep under wraps as much.

Revanfan1 and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And we would know about Yoda. Wasn't that one of the surprises that they were able to keep under wraps for the release?

6. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

I was going to say there was no way they weren't going to reveal that. Any comic book fan worth their weight in salt or whatever the saying is knows that.

7. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

Also i don't think there were many 70+ year olds reading captain america when Bucky was revealed as winter soldier. Thats just me though.

8. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005

You say that now but I saw plenty of seniors at the First Avenger screening :p

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Re: Vader vs. Bucky, it entirely depends on how the film actually handles it. The fact that it'll throw Cap himself for a loop doesn't mean it has to be a big third-act bombshell storytelling-wise. I wouldn't be surprised if his identity comes out pretty early on--assuming they even try to keep it a secret to begin with.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Interestingly what was a bigger deal at the time of Bru's run was his reinvention of Bucky in WW2 as an assassin sent to back up Cap and do those things he couldn't be seen to, that was quite controversial for some readers.

MasterSkywalker86 and CooperTFN like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Saw the trailer for The Giver and did not care for it.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Hmm…. Just been randomly thinking is there any background Rebel Alliance character in the OT that actually shows up in more than one of the movies, other then Wedge? :confused:

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The Rebels have Wedge, and the Imperials have Piett. I think that's it.

Revanfan1 and Gorefiend like this.
  14. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    They had a great cameo in last nights episode of Arrow, especially if you are a fan of a certain great DC cartoon from the 1990's. Hope they don't take the clip down:

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    MercenaryAce and Gorefiend like this.
  16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Ooooh, I saw that on r/masseffect a few days ago. It is indeed pretty great.

EDIT: What's she saying at 1:58 though? "Kill Lee?"

17. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Speaking of Frozen, I just finished watching it via DVD. It was pretty good, not gonna lie. Most Disney stuff isn't my thing, but it threw enough twists into the "princess movie" formula to keep me engaged, and I like how it deconstructed the concepts of love. Pretty much all of the songs were good, too. Really solid movie, even if it was a bit overhyped. Makes me want to see Tangled, since that's what most people tend to compare it to.

Also, I actually preferred "For the First Time in Forever (Reprise)" to "Let It Go", just sayin'. Of course, I also like "Be Prepared" out of all of the songs in Lion King, so what do I know?

18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I liked "Be Prepared" more than "Just Can't Wait to Be King."

My cat is snuggled up beside me, watching the Watchmen motion comic. I usually put it on for noise, but Mabel likes watching slow zooms of comic pages. She watches Linkara just for the slow zooms of comic pages.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Cynical_Ben, I preferred that song too, so you're not crazy.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I was lukewarm on both Let it Go and Love is an Open Door the first time I heard each of them but they've both grown on me a lot.

22. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    My mom's the main reason I watched the movie, and her favorite is "Bit of a Fixer-Upper", so [face_dunno].

I was also amused to learn that they animated Hans during "Love is an Open Door" purposely to resemble Donny Osmond. No wonder he seemed so artificial in hindsight. :p

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

24. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Lion King 1 1/2 is my preferred version of the story. Aside from Hamlet, that is.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I feel like I saw that at one point but then tried to wipe it from my mind. Or maybe that was 2. I forget.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.