Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend Force Ghost

star 5

[IMG]
  2. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Is this Jim Butcher's other series? I've read a few of those. They kinda lost me at one point but I can't remember which book I was on when that happened.
  3. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That was me, yes.
  4. Cynical_Ben Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The current docket is GotG this August >>> Avengers: AoU next May >>> Ant-Man end of next July >>> Cap 3 in May 2016 (same release dates at Batman vs Superman, in fact). Aside from that, nothing's been confirmed, but apparently Kevin Feige has the entire plan put on the wall of his office that's plotted out until 2028. My guess is we get a Doctor Strange movie and one other movie (Black Widow? Black Panther? Wasp? Something even weirder?) and then another Avengers movie in late summer 2018. After that, who knows.
  5. King of Alsakan Jedi Master

star 4
    Last edited by darthscott3457, Apr 7, 2014
  6. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, it's Butcher.

I've not actually read any of his other stuff. I'll probably be changing that, soon.
  7. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    The lack of auction house is old school EQ. East Commons tunnel. I guess each faction needs an equivalent in ESO.

IIRC, GW2 allows multiple guilds too. Seems like whenever I play my EP char my DC guilds are more active and vice-versa.

Which faction are you? Race/class/build?
  8. Kylun Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm an Imperial in Daggerfall, a sword and board, heavy armor Templar type. Just playing around at the moment, really, figuring things out as I go. Recently starting playing with blacksmithing, too. I've always had a bit of a crafter in me.

I've also got a Nord 2h warrior and a dual-wielding Khajiit sitting around, haven't spent any time with them. Don't know when I'll get to them.
  9. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    You need to read Dresden Files.
    s65horsey likes this.
  10. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I've had this said to me before. I'll get on it, sir!
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh, sure, jump to it when he tells you to read something. :p
    s65horsey and Ulicus like this.
  12. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah but I take you for granted.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Oh, it's the Dresden Files guy? I read one of his short stories in the Dangerous Women anthology that had the new GRRM short in it.
  14. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    I have a level 10 Imp DK with sword and board and heavy armor in DC. And I've been messing with a Breton Templar with Healing Staff and light armor in EP. I love the Explorer's Pack.
  15. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    I've only read the first 5 but they've all been good, bagged 6 and 7 in the last couple of days.
  16. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Extremely Vague Cap Spoiler (open)
    [IMG]

New meme is best meme.
  17. karilyan Jedi Youngling

I like this one better
    Extremely Vague Cap Spoiler (open)

[IMG]
  18. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    @GrandAdmiralJello
    You know, I don't see why an Imperial character in the Ebonheart Pact doesn't make sense. The primary reasons for the pact existing is mutual defense against two other large alliances and to thwart Molag Bal. The Nords probably want to restore the Empire -- that's essentially what happens, albeit I guess a Colovian guy with a Nord general who may or may not have slit his throat and taken over -- and I can't see why an Imperial wouldn't flee to Skyrim and be like "I need to raise a badass Nord army."
  19. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    That's not what the EP manifesto indicates though, which is my primary issue. I don't buy the mutual defense argument on that basis. That text suggests the defensive argument is merely pretextual.
  20. RC-1991 Jedi Master

star 4
    When you get down to it, Tiber Septim is the greatest CKII player in history.
  21. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    No he just hacked the game.
  22. Cynical_Ben Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  23. AdmiralWesJanson Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  24. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    lol

I haven't seen the manifesto. Still, if you aren't really participating in PVP, then I don't really see a character in a faction as representing that faction so much as being either a native of the region, e.g. an Imperial that was living in Skyrim or Morrowind (somehow pre-Septim Empire I guess) or you were just dumped there out of Coldharbour and are going with the flow to stop Molag Bal, but not actually part of the military.
    Last edited by DigitalMessiah, Apr 7, 2014
  25. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    For the love of all please read the Dresden Files. I adore that series so much.
    Jedi Ben likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.