main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    CotT at least had awesome Liam "Zeus" Neeson.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The only Clash of the Titans permitted in my place is the Harryhausen original. </stop-motion hipster>

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Huh:confused:

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    This. A thousand times this. He better keep that **** the hell away from the ST. I want to what's happening in a space battle, not look at debris, particle effects, and motion blur.

Also, hey Ulicus !

5. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Jabba is Wario, and Bib Fortuna is Waluigi. Awesome.

6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    So? Stark is(was) a SHIELD consultant, and friends with Coulson. I can see him letting Hill help out from time to time.

8. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    I am enjoying AsCreed II so much more than I enjoyed the first one. The characters have personality, the cities are beautiful, the plot is better, the climbing mechanics are cleaned up, even the "out of Animus" scenes are more tolerable thanks to Shaun's withering sarcasm. The combat is still too easy, but that's become a minor nitpick instead of the gaping flaw that it was in the first game.

Also, I was getting "this seems familiar" vibes from Ezio's story early on, and it wasn't until about three hours in that I figured out why: Ezio is basically Oliver Queen. Rich, spoiled playboy whose father is killed, and uncovers a conspiracy surrounding his family as he seeks justice and turns himself into a killing machine (in a hood no less). It's not an exact fit, but it's eerily close. He even gets a list of names his father wrote out!

9. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Sincere apologies for the double post, but I just wanted to drop a note that I've re(re)started a blog I've been meaning to update for around five years now. It's called the Writer's Blog Strikes Back, it's on a bare-bones blogger page, and I'm planning to drop posts or the occasional video there every once in a while as I'm thinking of interesting topics or just stuff that's been on my mind, mostly related to storytelling and Star Wars. The latest post is a small comparison piece, between the development-purgatory-trapped Detours show and the currently running Superhero Squad Show. I'll probably be running more thoughts on other cartoons I've been watching there rather than posing them here.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Where is that image from and why is it "lolcanon"?

11. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Probably because it implies that Legacy, which is much beloved (Not sure why personally, it was decent but not spectacular) and Clone Wars, which is oft despised (again, I don't see why, I thought it was pretty good) are in the same canon.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    George Lucas makes a game about Darth Maul. George Lucas decides what a game about Darth Maul really needs is Darth Talon. And Darth Krayt. Canon? What's that?

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Thank you, LI, you are now my official translator. In other news.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [​IMG]

Apparently this was in Star Tours? Well, in any case, I am just so happy to see so many Galactic Battlegrounds designs here. SO. HAPPY!:D

Rogue_Follower likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It was, but I'd be curious to see about where that image came from -- that's not the perspective you get in the ride (as you're inside the speeder entering the hangar).

The hangar also reminded me of the hangars from Battle for Naboo, too.

17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    According to the file info, it came from here:

You are right about Battle for Naboo. Man...so many memories.

Rogue_Follower likes this.
  18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    There's a barn owl outside my apartment. I hear it scream in the dead of night. The other barred owls (different species) haven't been around much since the barn owl showed up.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Cool video! There are X-wing style bulk freighters in the animatic at 15:09 and 17:26. Are those still in the final ride?

20. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Bah. Disappointing episode of Community and no new episode of Ponies today. Television, you have failed me!

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here, try some Space Ninja

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Findswoman and MercenaryAce like this.
  23. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  24. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    So I just watched through the Phantasm series about a month ago (<3 Phantasm II) and at the time, Phantasm V wasn't announced. NOW IT IS. Omgwtf

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Bravissima, Barriss_Coffee! Wonderful video. Somehow the baroque soundtrack is just perfect. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.