main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How many of the Jedi ranks have we seen in the crunch?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Just leaving this here and I'll be on my way.

[​IMG]

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm going to bed.

I'm tired of this day and want a new one.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, I know Adventure Time's canon is safe, at least.

G'night all.

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are... like breath on a mirror.

Any moment now... it's a comin'

What's coming?

The Canon.

E-You are the Canon!

Yup. And I always will be. But times change, and so must I.

I will not forget one line of this. Not one book.

I swear.

I will always remember when the Canon was me.
    [​IMG]

NOVELS!!!!

I've got new novels!

I don't like the covers.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You know what else is lost?

[​IMG]

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Traviss already destroyed that way back when. [face_sigh]

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Russian wine country? Jello should be pleased.

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    On an utterly unrelated note:

My brother was electrocuted earlier, rushed to hospital, etc. Turns out he's fine.

I don't know how they can possibly say that when he didn't get any superpowers out of it, though. Totally short changed.

Revanfan1, Cynical_Ben and Trip like this.
  11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh my god that just broke my heart for some reason.

Revanfan1 and Gorefiend like this.
  12. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Pellaeon has retreated from canon.

@};-

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn, that's scary.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So I woke up to see 39 notifications for some reason. Weird. Did something happen yesterday?

Ulicus finally, an announcement we can be excited about! I still hope we're playing as a royal something or other, and I'd have rather seen Serkonos than Tyvia, but I'm not going to complain about a new Dishonored.

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The only point of concern I have would be the line "Annihilate The Outsider," which makes me worry that it might be more supernatural than political.

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, with JJM on the case "The Continuity you refer to will soon be back in our hands."

17. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    New Dishonored! :D On next-gen platforms, no less! E3 should be interesting this year if other major franchises and developers start revving their engines for releases this holiday season.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Anyway, re: Pelly -- yeah, it's annoying. But on one hand, while I can't blame the Empire's fall on him, I currently have no idea if the Empire ever fell or not.

Like, they could go with something utterly braindead and stupid like it fell during the ROTJ parties... or they could have it still around.

ugh. I hope not. The supernatural parts of the game were really tedious and boring. They created a living, breathing, world. We don't care about the Outsider. It's a whole new protagonist too, so the odds of him (or her!) being connected to the imperial court are also pretty slim... :(

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I think we need to ask ourselves a very simple question: which possibility can they use for more stories and make more money off of?

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, Rebels makes it clear fans like the Empire, and the Empire sells. That alone suggests to me they'll keep the Empire as a villain. They learned in the PT that evil corporate overlords just aren't very interesting.

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Two of the four first new novels are also told from Imperial perspectives, which is actually kind of surprising.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, that was the initial pleasant news that had my first reaction muted until I realized the full import of the loss of the EU and went on full trolling mode. :p

23. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Backstory, son. Watch the Tarkin novel re-iterate most of his established backstory whilst fleshing it out. Hence, everyone here says "This has all been said and done before." And grinning to themselves at just how little of the finite details of canon have changed.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    As I've said in the Tarkin thread, until Luceno mentions Ars Dangor for the first time ever, I'll be unconvinced that these novels are our secret cure. And just mentioning a past event doesn't mean it happened in the same way. Maybe the Ghorman Massacre involved a bunch of stormtroopers shooting at civilians: no reason to assume Tarkin landed a ship on people unless it's explicitly said as such.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I remain, as I have always been, optimistic. While it is some what endearing to see EU fans suddenly come to the defense of and/or lament the death of the EU, the fact remains that the EU was going downhill, it was bloated, it was intellectually bankrupt save for a few extremely good stories or properties at the end.

I think we will find that many well know EU sources, especially the older ones, end up playing a big role in the ST. We have already seen Sienar Fleet Systems, Inquisitors, and the ISB. I have no doubts that these will be joined by other core things, like Incom Corporation, Rogue Squadron, and a Jedi Praxeum. You all just wait and see. Species will be used, planets definitely used, starships will be used, and many supporting characters will be used.

This isn't the end. This isn't the beginning of the end. But it is the end of the beginning. The future is ahead of us!

--Adm. Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.