main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Ah, so Luke is going to go full Kenobi, then.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Neither would I... in fact, that would be something of a selling point.

However, I have the feeling that what we're seeing is Mark Hamill meeting a Ventress at Star Wars Weekends. When I was there last weekend we spotted Aurra Sing, and I asked the gf if there were Ventresses as well, and she confirmed that there were.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    One of our lately departed JCers used to play Sing at Disneyworld :(

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That is simply amazing. I am unfamiliar with The Witcher series, and I am rather behind on gaming in general, since I don't really have the money to keep on the latest and greatest.

5. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    [face_love] I love how he can just snap into the voice at the drop of a hat. And how even James Arnold Taylor gave him a standing ovation.

It is just a costumer, yeah, I saw Mark's tweet about it. Besides, wouldn't Ventress be like, 80+ by the time of the ST? Alien biology or not, that's still a long time.

Also, for everyone's Marvel Movie Universe UpdateTM, Ant-Man has two new members of the production crew. Peyton Reed, the director of Yes Man, The Break Up and Bring It On, will direct it and they have Adam Mckay, the Anchorman guy, who's apparently too busy to direct it but still wants to help out, is "contributing to the film's script". Which tells me that Wright wanted to do something with it that Marvel wasn't happy with, hence his departure, and now they're changing it. Michael Douglas, who'll apparently play an aged Hank Pym, called the happenstance "very disappointing" in a recent interview. We have a teaser paragraph as well.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    Aww hell ya, big fan of the Witcher franchise. One of the few games I'm genuinely looking forward to. Love the setting, the different kingdoms, the look and feel of the different cultures, etc. Can't wait :D

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Ciri and Yennefer!!! :D

Kylun and Gorefiend like this.
  8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    These pics of Mark, I'm starting to wonder...

Will Hawaiian shirts be canon in the NU?

I may cut it some slack if they are.

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The NU New Jedi Order all wear Hawaiian shirts instead of brown robes.

And Birkenstocks instead of boots. Luke wears black knee socks with his.

TrakNar and DigitalMessiah like this.
  10. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I just assumed that Mark Hamill's clothes in the promo pic with Mickey was his costume for Episode VII.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not getting excited until they recanonize hot chocolate.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Recanonizing Hot chocolate is a must!

Revanfan1 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah that scene always bothered me not because of the hot chocolate but because C-3PO doesn't like Lando even though he was the only one that trusted Lando in The Empire Strikes Back. What's the deal?

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Inconceivable, its the only word that can adequately describe what Disney is doing.

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I decided to start training one of my Zoroarks tonight. Of course, that training includes lots of Amie time.

Zoroark's face when you talk to him:

[​IMG]

I love it. XD

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    After 2 years of it sitting on my shelf, I am finally watching my season 1 Game of Thrones BlueRays. This will be my first time actually watching GoT as well.

17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    my condolences

18. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I KNOW RIGHT? Hey Tim Zahn why don't you try watching the movies you're supposed to be writing about sometime?

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I know you hate everything, but season 1 was pretty faithful.

Aside from certain complaints I won't voice bc he's not indicated how far into the season he is.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

20. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    it rly wasn't but w/e we have had this discussion already

21. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    No news yet of when the fourth season begins here. Likely in December. I should write some of my wacky theories down when I still remember them.

22. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Guys.

GUYS.

E3.

Assassin's Creed: Unity.

4-player co-op.

[face_dancing]

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm more interested in hearing about the setting and who we're playing than multiplayer stuff :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    4 hours left omg

posted from my phone

25. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Some Battlefront footage was shown to open EA's confrence. And guess what? More Hoth! :D They even visited the original film site to make sure that it was accurate to the film!

EDIT: BioWare is developing a new Mass Effect game, untitled, but they did show Shepard so... who knows? Also teased a new IP, brand-new not a Star Wars tie-in, nothing about the SW game they're working on at all.

EDIT 2: Mirror's Edge 2. FINALLY. New look for Faith, new parkour moveset, cleaned-up, simplified and sped-up combat.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.