main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    They consider Super Mario Bros a bad movie?!??! It is utterly brilliant in the sheer insanity of it! Also Hudson Hawk is not a bad movie either! [face_not_talking]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

Cool yo jets, guy... that's the point. The question is, rhetorically but literally, how could this have possibly made it through the studio system? Whether that's because it's bad, or just because it's insane. For instance, they also do Punisher: War Zone, with the director there.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fbcef2-09fc-11e4-8a6a-19355c7e870a_story.html

.......So.

That happened.

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    aw I wanna be a princess too

TrakNar likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I was talking about it with jSarek over on the book of face. My take on it was that it was adorable, his take was that it represented everything wrong with America today.

Then we started discussing whether his claims could ever be legitimate, which I thought was silly. You don't claim territory by stabbing flags into it -- you have to be a state to do that. This guy is living in more fantasy than his little girl is.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

jSarek likes this.
  6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It would be more adorable if the guy demonstrated any comprehension of the fact that his daughter's not going to want to grow up alone in the desert.

Meanwhile, about four hours ago I began an adventure in buying imaginary stock. So far I've lost $110.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Pfft kids these days are into all sorts of trends that are incomprehensible to older generations.

Hermit chic is probably a thing.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    So.. It seems two major news stories of the past few months have converged.

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    The really spooky thing about it to me is that one of the NPCs I had in mind for a Star Wars game was someone who was a princess of an uninhabited moon, because one of her ancestors, a talented but crazy businesswoman who wanted to be a princess, bought a moon and made her parents the king and queen of it.

Now I can't use her without people thinking that I am just taking from the headlines.

Er....if I ever get a chance to run a Star Wars game that is....

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  10. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013

Possibly the funniest thing I've seen this year.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Will that be your defence when I stick a flag on your lawn?
    "Well what claim did Aegon have?!" I'll shout back. And laugh.

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So, I've been playing Dark Souls II again.

Earlier this evening I finally acquired the soul and armour of King Vendrick, the dude whose Kingdom has gone to pot and all the various Undead are adventuring in. It looks badass. And has a CLOAK. Combined with the royal swordsman helm, I look like some kind of medieval Darth Vader.

So, there I am, swanning around Drangleic item farming and messing about before I go face to final boss when, suddenly, KING VENDRICK HAS INVADED.

And there is King Vendrick, as a red phantom, decked out in his arms and armour.

NPC invasions do happen on occasion, so I'm thinking, "Oh, this is a neat addition by From. I guess he's coded to eventually appear if you're using his gear."

Anyhoo, he turns out to be way tougher than any AI NPC I've ever faced. I do manage to land a few hits on him, but the guy basically seems immortal. After about three minutes, he kills me...

... and then uses the deep, theatrical bow gesture.

And I realise I've been invaded by another player. Another player who has named their Live profile "King Vendrick", dresses up as the guy and invades people.

Needless to say, I showered him with a great deal of praise via message, afterwards. Best experience in the game, so far.

I love the DS community.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't have a lawn! You've been foiled.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    But he claimed it with love. Sorry, Jello the UN has to rule in his favor now.

jSarek and Lugija like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  16. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Curses! Foiled again! And I've been searching my whole life to find my own place.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry to turn away and slam the door.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Get a room, you two.

Darth_Garak and Findswoman like this.
  19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Actually, in this scenario, I believe Lugija is trying to seduce him and annex his territory.

Darth_Garak likes this.
  21. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Curses! Foiled again!

CooperTFN likes this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Coop: So he's the Hans to my Elsa? Thankfully, according to the canon he never got anywhere with her. :p

Actually, since you're telling me to stay in my room, that makes you the crappy father king guy. :p

Findswoman I tend to prefer Canova myself, who has some excellent sculptures. :p but I guess that's what, art sexy talk now?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Kylun, CooperTFN and Findswoman like this.
  23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This is one of those situations where a picture speaks a thousand words:

[​IMG]

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    If I was the king, I'd have left you with the trolls.

Findswoman - use this URL instead.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yup! That's a hugely famous one. I also like his Three Graces. I think he made two of them -- I've seen the one at the V&A but there's another at the Hermitage I think, and I've yet to visit there.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

CooperTFN I mod JCC so I'm pretty sure you HAVE left me with the trolls.

CooperTFN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.