main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, hooray, the internet is back. That was a three day hiatus I could have done without. Urgh.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What was it you liked about them and what made you abound them?

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was wondering if you ragequit.

Zorrixor and CooperTFN like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Gorefiend and Gamiel like this.
  6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    That's a disguised Quinlan Vos and Khaleen, from one of the Republic comics. I read them mostly in TPBs, so I can't give you the exact issue, but I think it's the one where he assassinates Senator Viento.

Edit: Ninja'd by like seven minutes. I guess that's what I get for having multiple open tabs.

Over what??

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Spoilers.

Spoilers.

Oh and re: Quin and Khaleen:

That was by far the WEIRDEST cosplaying I've ever seen at a convention -- I saw these two at Celebration V and couldn't believe it:
    [​IMG]

I mean who thinks to cosplay as a cosplay??? MIND=BLOWN

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Quin is disguised as his dad there, right?

Remember how this scene is basically in Dark Disciple, too?

EDIT: For some reason I thought Korto Vos was Quin's father's name, not just a made-up alias.

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    He will after he digests the anarchy of the last three days all in one sitting.

11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    . . . you're an optimist, now?! :p

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been interested in Destiny for a while now, the only problem is I am just not in a position to be able to play it any time soon.

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    You know, I feel like that article is sort of getting things backwards in its desire to be snarky: the fact that people have to pierce that story together from bits and pieces makes it much more interesting than if it had been told simply as a straightforward narrative of the sort we've frequently seen before. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Destiny takes this sort of thing to a completely ludicrous degree - it looks like an intriguing space fantasy setting with interesting visuals, but virtually the entire story and background lore existing only in these sort of narrative breadcrumbs is a huge turn-off. But on a smaller scale, I actually think that sort of thing is cool because it's hidden, not in spite of it as the article seems to be saying.

Kylun and DigitalMessiah like this.
  15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Agreed.

It reminds of the Starsiege Tribes series. It was essentially a purely multiplayer game, but it had a huge amount of lore and vignettes and short stories behind it.

16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The setting confused the heck out of me for a very long time after it was formally announced, and I am not certain I will completely understand it until I actually get to play it from start to finish, though Sir Wallen and My name is Byf have definitely helped with that. The Grimoire seems like it would be a lot of fun to me, but people expected something more or at least something else from Bungie due to Halo and even Marathon.

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Edit:
    Oh yeah I'm going to be snide too:

obvi destiny has the dark side too

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I love the setting. It feels like the modern day re-imagining of an old Saturday cartoon I might have loved, only without the cartoon having actually existed.

The Visionaries theme song fits pretty well, though:

Even has a title drop.

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    This is what I'm aiming for:

http://kotaku.com/you-ve-got-one-week-left-to-earn-that-cool-limited-dest-1728048312

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprisingly, max level is considered the soft cap of 20. I don't think I'm going to be able to do the Skolas bit with two 34s since I'm only 23. No idea how hard he is but probably really tough just with three 34s. I can't even damage him.

I have a four day weekend so maybe if I binge it I can get it done. Probably can't even do the raid without hitting a certain level.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Man, the Force Awakens toy unboxing stream has turned out to be a hidden gem. Forget the toys -- they had surprise interviews with Phil Noto, Cecil Castellucci, Jason Fry, and Claudia Gray. They discussed researching history for worldbuilding, self-insertion fanfic, using sourcebooks, and even the perspective of Imperial Loyalists and why they might think the way they do.

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I get off of work tomorrow at 11 PM tomorrow night...err tonight. If Toys R Us has the new X-Wing starter, I may just hop into line, as it is right next door to my job.

22. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Thanks for reminding me that I'm actually supposed to be studying Greek instead of being on the boards...:(
    But at least I know the alphabet works on the forums now.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Of course it works. Does nobody read my sig? :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Edit: I wasn't going to do Force Friday until I found about the Disney Store Elite figures. Dang they look good. Well, I've altered the deal. Instead of staying up late to read, I'll wake up early to go to the store and then just read in the hours before work.

Also kinda want a Titanium X-wing.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    What's the name of that fantasy novel released recently where
    it turns out to really take place in a postapocalypse and the elves and stuff are aliens?

25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Huh, the Broken Empire trilogy has that premise but no elves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.