main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't get it even after finding out what IWoD means

Vthuil likes this.
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Oh God, someone help me...

I keep ordering Micro Machines. I NEED TO STOP... :oops:[face_dunno]

:xwing::tie::falcon::ghost::deathstar:

I need to give my credit & debit cards to someone I trust.

CooperTFN, GrandAdmiralJello, you'll keep them safe, right? :r2:

--Adm. Nick

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I am deeply disappointed in you Nick. I have had Hutt and Neimodian Avatars. We all know that those species are much better at taking care of money then a Rebel and an Imperial. :p

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Force Friday is a bust so far. The only book that had arrived was Aftermath.

Maybe I'll try another bookstore, but I don't know if it'll make a difference.

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I was afraid you would use my money to either buy Twi'lek dancing girls or legions of battle droids... [face_shame_on_you]:p

--Adm. Nick

Gorefiend likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I got BB-8. Some random store near work had it.

Dammit! Why couldn't I say no?!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    I don't understand it. I have no reason to own or use that BB-8....but I need it.

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Wait, am I the Rebel in this scenario? My allegiance is to Lando.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Couldn't do the midnight madness thinking there would still be stuff left over today. My local Toy R Us was almost completely cleaned out. Almost the same at Target. Thankfully managed to scavenge all the titanium series and mirco machines I wanted and a few figures I wanted, so much cool stuff, hard to resist.

Before she joins my titanium armada at my work desk, the First Order Star Destroyer is hanging out with some of her "bigger" cousins:
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee, Gorefiend and Vthuil like this.
  10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Are you suggesting Chalmun's cantina contradicts the OT?

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    First review of Micro Machines (thank you to my local Target for having some):
    • First Order TIE Fighters are well painted and solidly built
    • Ren's Shuttle is well painted, but the wings are not solid like the old Micro Machines Lambda shuttle
    • First Order Star Destroyer looks horrible... and not just cause it is an ugly design. The lack of a command tower just makes it look extra boring
    • Poe Dameron's black X-wing fighter is exceptionally well painted! But the one I bought at Target has the tip of one laser canon missing... [face_frustrated]
    • Standard blue & white X-wing fighters look nice... but the wings aren't fully opened as on the black X-wing. Which kinda bummed me out
    I didn't pick up any other sets at Target as I already ordered them online, but they looked very nice in the boxes. The standard ISD looks like it may be a carbon copy of the old Micro Machines ISD, but the Rebel Blockade Runner is a new design. More streamlined, less bulky, and surprising more accurate. The Ghost looks great too, ditto the Inquisitor's Advanced TIE.

--Adm. Nick

King of Alsakan and TheRedBlade like this.
  12. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    My "haul":

[​IMG]

Best feature: $4.99
    Second-best feature: Target still had one

This is actually good to hear, because I almost got that instead of the Falcon and half the reason I didn't was because I couldn't tell if the wings opened.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Ha, Coop, my wife brought one of those home.

She got our daughter a squeezable Chewie and an Endor playskool-ish set (a little outside her age range, but it's got a big crossbow that actually shoots a thing, which is crazy and awesome considering that age range), and she managed to convince them to include Legos on the Target coupon so she picked up the Rey speeder bike set.

BTW, my wife's Facebook feed as well as Instagram contains a few of the in-progress previews she was allowed to release of her Padme piece, which will be in the official LFL Art Awakens show in November. It's got real 18k gold leaf!

Can't figure out any way to embed Instagram posts, so here are links:

https://instagram.com/p/60W60TAu6S/

https://instagram.com/p/67dWAqAu0z/

https://instagram.com/p/6-ks97Au2W/

https://instagram.com/p/7Dvo5FAu7w/

https://instagram.com/p/7EGKjbAu31/

14. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    we all do

Dante1120 likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, wow, PC, that's amazing.

Praenomen Cognomen likes this.
  16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    So I finally got to Barnes and Noble today... and discovered that the only book they had was Aftermath. They didn't order the other four for this week so they could have more toys on display instead, and the other four won't be coming in until Tuesday... which given my schedule means I can't get them until next Friday. [face_sigh]

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Aftermath was the only thing I specifically looked for at Target but couldn't find--which was funny since it was the one thing I technically owned already.

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Ah, so it wasn't just a local thing.

19. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    I checked at Target too - they didn't have any of the books.

I think I found another book store across town that might have them. Maybe I won't have to wait a whole week. I hate how few book stores are around nowadays.

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    My Target had all four of the YA books right in the middle of all the toys--I was pleasantly surprised, actually.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  21. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    ...I probably should have checked the toy section too instead of just the books. :oops:

Barriss_Coffee and CooperTFN like this.
  22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Aftermath was the only one at the Barnes and Noble here as well.

There were a bunch of copies of the simpler edition of the Imperial Handbook, which was just depressing. "This bar on the back cover indicates that nothing in this will in any way tell you anything about the canonical Star Wars universe. Buy it now!"

More importantly, though, they didn't have the MST3K Volume One that I was looking for. Dirty pool, old man.

24. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here's my haul (and my cat). Rather skinny, in'it? Mad Max was on sale, so I grabbed it. The X-Wing is the blue one, and the wings do indeed open. It's really nice. But the winner of the night is the big, plush BB-8. It's adorable, is squishy and perfectly lap-sized for cuddling. [face_love]

25. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    lol it's not even fall yet and I'm already starting to feel like BB-8 is basically the star wars equivalent of a minion

Barriss_Coffee and Zorrixor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.