main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Abed/Annie? :mad:They make a terrible pairing. She's only attracted to him when he pretends to be other people, and keeps breaking him. Abed doesn't really understand Annie, and his heart belongs to Troy, anyways.

Jeff and Annie complement each other, and make each other better people and characters.
    Troy and Britta are cute together, and She and Abed seem to have worked out a custody agreement for Troy.

I really don't expect Community to make it to Season 5, either.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The thing is about pretending to be a perfect boyfriend... well, I recommend reading Pratchett's Going Postal. In any case, they are closer in age, and I think (the Star Wars kiss aside) she understands him a lot more after the Imagination episode.

3. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Age is just a number.
    Barring when he acts like Don Draper, Han Solo, or Jeff, Annie treats Abed more like a brother than anything else. And Abed has never shown any romantic interest in Annie, or really anyone.

Annie seems to understand Abed ok, but Abed has a much harder time of understanding Annie(people)

4. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Abed understands people extremely well - to the point that he can predict their actions, or imitate them almost perfectly. And it seems a natural pairing with the set of roommates.

Besides Jeff's got what's-her-face from Season One that's never returned again to fall back on, right? :p

5. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Abed can predict actions and responses, but doesn't really understand the emotions or motivations behind them.

Who,Slater? He rejected her and Britta in favor of Annie.

6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    *Is genuinely lost for the first time when reading this thread* [face_plain]

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Now you know how I feel when everyone's talking about GoT.

Still, even I watch Community and I have no idea what these guys are talking about.

8. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Consider it revenge for discussion of Roman sucessions and such.

Asfor Community, watch it. You won't regret it. Far better than the drek sitcoms that are Big Bang Theory or Two and a Half Men.

9. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    So anyone else super exited for the next Assassins Creed, since it will be about Pirates and as we know everything is better with Pirates. :D

The_Forgotten_Jedi and JackG like this.
  10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm just a bit annoyed they've started giving the numbered entries subtitles. :p

And the fact that it's going to have a lot of naval combat and focus on Haytham's dad is hilariously cynical, given the overwhelming opinion of the fanbase coming out of ACIII was "Naval combat is amazing, Haytham > Connor".

Still, if it's good, it's good.

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Pah Black Flag is just there to reinforce how awesome Pirates are. [​IMG]

12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    You truly have a smilie for every occasion.

13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That, or they've got some incredible foresight going on there, since it's apparently been in development since summer 2011.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'll admit for a long while I thought they were discussing posters in the Jedi Council Community.......[face_blush]

Ris_jSarek and Gorefiend like this.
  16. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, I'd heard that... but I would be very surprised if Edward was always the intended protagonist. The "assassin sailing the high seas" concept could have easily been a post-AC3 Connor vehicle to start with.

Though I suppose that suggests that they knew the naval combat was going to go down well... and I guess it's not wholly unlikely that they wanted an ACIV to line up with the next-gen releases.

I admit, while I thought Connor was often an idiot, I'm actually fairly sad to think we've seen the back of him. He still had a fairly large amount of potential, and I'd have liked to have seen him further build up the New World assassins.

Anyhoot, here's another trailer. Albeit fairly basic compared to the previous.

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    It'd be kind of weird to play as a zombie assassin :p

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    "Instead, Ubisoft has adopted a Metroid-like design philosophy"

Okay, I'm sold.

Buuut:

"Black Flag will be the first game in which the players won't control the series' overarching protagonist Desmond Miles in the present day. Instead, the player will be an employee of Abstergo Entertainment, a subsidiary of Abstergo Industries, the monolithic Templar corporation that's served as an antagonist throughout the series."

Urrrgh. I have no interest in that at all. I'd almost rather they just got rid of the Animus as a framing device entirely.

I don't care about no Desmond, but if I have to do the modern day bull, I want to play as an actual descendant of the main character... not some Templar guy mining someone else's genetic memory.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Ah could be quite interesting to see the whole thing from the other side plus the new character can still be related to Kenway through a different branch of the family. Plus the Animus as silly as the concept sort of seems, is actually an ingenious plotting device, as it allows you to show the world of the past but only very specify portions of it, as once you leave the frame the current memory offers, the Animus of course cant simulate it because the Ancestor never actually went there.

PS: Anyone else kind of amused that we know more about this game within a few days of a trailer leaking then we ever got about 1313 to this day. :p

21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I know, I was kidding. :p I was always amused by the news ticker in a Season Two ep (the election, I think) that just declared her "MISSING" as the only explanation why we've never seen her again.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
  22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    This seems unlikely considering the "big breakthrough" Abstergo have recently made in mining genetic memory and allowing anyone, descendant or not, to sift through it.
    For example, once Desmond dies in ACIII, you take over playing Connor as a guy who has hacked into Abstergo and is playing around in the mined genetic memory of either Desmond or his father.
    Though hey, if the modern day dude/ette is compelling, I guess I won't be complaining. It's just... bleh, I liked the descendant thing.

True enough. And I like how it justifies the cities and game-world being an abbreviated composite rather than hyper-realistic.

I'm just in a moany mood. :p

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    On the other hand, if you're going to have a game with Blackbeard in it, that's a very specific period of time to set the game in. And they would have known about Haytham and his father (who lines up perfectly) by then, so...

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    LMAO

Haytham's dad? Naval combat? ahahahahahahahaha

Ok, despite the sheer disappointment that was AC3 for me (never finished it!) the fact that they've realized (intentionally or not) the things that were actually good about AC3 makes me willing to give AC4 a chance.

25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Fair point. I'm coming round to the idea that they were maybe just smart enough to know what the best stuff in AC3 was as they were developing it. :p

See, and here I thought the whole "being a pirate" thing would turn you off. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.