main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, all of the above, really. Hell of an episode. Not going to lie, that hit me pretty good. I honestly didn't expect it to be Carter, especially after the last episode. I didn't want it to be Lionel, partly because every preview pointed to him full-force and partly because, well, he's Lionel. But really...Carter? Damn.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, I've finally gotten around to playing number 2. Suffice to say I've been enjoying it immensely.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I figured it wouldn't be Fusco considering how much they made it seem like him in the advertising. I actually thought it would be Bear after Reese made the comment to Finch about getting him a bulletproof vest. Thought that might be a bit of foreshadowing.

I hope Fusco and Shaw get a lot more scenes together. They're developing a very nice rapport. And I think Elias is going to get in on the revenge game as well.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I wish there were a way to have kept it open for merciless mockery and the like, but that would just draw attention to the copyright violation and that's not cool.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "You know the dog's the only one that likes you."

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Cooper, you are my hero. If Jello had his way, I would have missed that.

EDIT: Aww, you're not my hero. The link is gone. Oh well, at least you tried. Too bad it's not on his amazon page.

8. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    And in an even more important development, Barriss_Coffee agrees with my Lindsay Lohan comparison. :p

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  10. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    jesus ******* christ

Ulicus... i dont know if i can watch this yo

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

Women always say that about Kenobi...

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *insert obligatory reference to The Pillow Book*

*insert second obligatory reference to Young Adam*

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
  15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm genuinely disappointed, but not that surprised, that Ryse: Son of Rome seems to be a massive disappointment.

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

It already looked to be rather terrible from gameplay footage and trailers, it being an XBOX exclusive and a kinetic game of course did not get anyone's hopes up further. ;)

17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    It's actually not a Kinect game; that feature was scrapped some time ago.

I had hopes that, at the least, it would be a fun, God of War-esque fighting game (though some sources do say that the fighting system itself is fun, but isn't capable of sustaining itself over even such a short campaign). For what it's worth, I know it's getting a lot of comparisons to the first Assassin's Creed; a game that shows considerable promise, but is so sparse in places that it feels almost like a tech demo of what could be potentially done.

Supposedly the narrative is fairly interesting, so it might be worth playing once it drops in price.

18. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009

It looks horrendously historically inaccurate, to the point that Rome II comes off as a documentary in comparison. I watched the gameplay trailer a few weeks ago, and spent the entire experience shrieking about every inaccuracy.

19. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Well, it was done by Crytek, the same people who did the first Far Cry and the Crysis games, the first of which, like Far Cry, is far more concerned with graphics and technology over story or world-building. Maybe another dev house would be able to take their engine and flesh it out into something good, like Ubisoft did with the Far Cry series.

20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I may be thinking of another game, but I believe Ryse was intentionally an alternative history, so I suppose they have some leeway for historical inaccuracy. Even still, that doesn't excuse everything; an alternative history doesn't carry much weight if you even get the foundation wrong.

Ah, Crytek didn't work on Far Cry 3? I think that dampens my disappointment somewhat. Far Cry 3 was fantastic.

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Nope, it was done entirely by Ubisoft, mostly in their Montreal studio. Crytek hasn't had anything to do with Far Cry since the first one.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The thing that amuses me about that game is that it's been 13 years since Gladiator came out, and people are still trying to rip it off.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh look, Infinity #6 preview, with added Blockade Runner!

[​IMG]

Gamiel and spicer like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    While we're posting random images, I have to say I got more enjoyment out of this than any reasonable person should

As a preview for what you're getting yourself into, all you need to know is that it turns out dressing animals in funny human clothes is a past time that most likely pre-dates photography.

[​IMG]

I mean, face it, this cat is more civilized than any of us will ever be. Except perhaps Jello, but only if he's trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.