main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Does anyone else make those little rubber band bracelets? My niece got the loom for Christmas, and last week I bought a bunch of baggies of little rubber bands. I've made almost a dozen bracelets and just finished one a few minutes ago.

Is anyone else making these, or knows anyone who makes these? I don't know how it happened, but I'm hooked.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    You know I am so much purer than the vulgar weak licentious crowd...

I know you don't get the reference but I don't care.

Gamiel and Ulicus like this.
  3. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Cracked.com brings us Jedi School! It's pretty funny. I liked the jokes about sexism in Star Wars and that fleeting reference to the EU. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Barriss_Coffee and Gorefiend like this.
  4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Anyone who doesn't get the reference should be locked up in a belltower to live out their days in solitude. For real.

5. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    My daughter. And those little ******* little rubber bands are all over my house.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I keep mine in a plastic dish. Prevents them from getting all over the place. :p

krtmd likes this.
  7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    darthscott3457 likes this.
  8. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Looks good so far, Days of Future Past is definitely my most anticipated superhero movie of 2014, and up there in general as well. Hope they have another trailer soon.

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If I were locked up in a bell tower to live out my days in solitude with nothing but a complete collection of Disney films, I'd jump.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    instantdeath you are literally the worst.

That said, I've never seen Hunchback. I have this huge gap in the late 90s and early 2000s when it comes to those films, with only a handful of exceptions.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I count Hunchback as one of Disney's best films, not in Lion King/Aladdin/Beast/Frozen level but just a tier lower. It's definitely one with most adult material as Hellfire shows. The original novel is a lot darker but the film works exactly as it is, having the structure tied to general Disney storytelling keeps it from going too far.

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    You're allowed to hate Doctor Who unreasonably and unquestionably, Coop is allowed to hate Lord of the Rings unreasonably and unquestionably, Zeta is allowed to hate everything that came into existence after 2005 unreasonably and unquestionably, and I'm allowed to hate Disney unreasonably and unquestionably, dammit [face_not_talking]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I saw Hunchback once, when I was probably twelve or thirteen and half-asleep at a slumber party. I remember almost nothing of it except for the beginning. Besides, the Charles Laughton-led version from the 1930's will always be my favorite, songs or no songs.[face_talk_hand]

14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't hate everything after 2005, but that's definitely where it took a turn for the worst for me.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ID, I don't hate DW. How could I, having only ever seen a single episode (which I liked)? I don't hate it, I just refuse to give into the trend.

Other things which I refuse to watch or follow: Harry Potter, formerly LOTR (the craze has subsided now so it's fine), and Breaking Bad.

Things which I refused to watch but later enjoyed: Mad Men, BSG, Firefly (though I was still early to it, having seen it like a decade ago or something).

See if I hated DW without watching it that would just be out of ignorance :p

Yeah I've heard a lot of good things about it, I'm just so used to the masterpieces that it's like coming off of a high to watch something less. But I enjoyed Treasure Planet, Princess, Mulan, and Tangled which are all on the secondary tier...

I also need to watch Atlantis which FourDot claims is excellent. And Lilo. And Enchanted. And I need to catch up with Once.

Argh. So much Disney to do! At least I've almost caught up with Arrow, having marathoned the first season with some folks.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Atlantis was a fun movie, even though Disney seemingly refuses to acknowledge its existence.

And I actually only watched Treasure Planet last spring.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

18. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Wait, what? When did this happen?

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And that is just the cartoon movies

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't hate LotR, I don't care about LotR. The movies were entertaining. Once.

I reserve "hate" for only the most egregious situations--like Big Bang Theory.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So weird to see the name Walt Disney on a poster without that special font.

And BBT is also the worst. In fact, it vies with ID for the title of literal worst.

Uli mentioned it in the chat one day. Said it was better than Shield. I think.

Then it just so happened the next day my friends invited me over for games and mentioned they were thinking of starting it up. So we did, and six episodes later I went home. Fast forward maybe a week or so and we finished the first season.

Why? Do you watch it?

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Regularly, and last I checked, you were barely even aware of its existence, so the status change was something of a surprise. :p

23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Fine, you're allowed to hate white human males.

I'm actually kind of amazed at how many of those movies I've seen. At least I watch the stuff I hate :p

Then again, hate is a rather strong word. Most of those movies are just really, really boring (though there are, of course, several decent ones in there). They're like junk food set to motion and unimaginative, creatively bankrupt music.

I will back up the hatred for Big Bang Theory, though. But I have to wonder, what happens if the literal worst thing ever hates another literal worst thing ever? Do they just implode to form the Westboro Baptist Church?

CooperTFN likes this.
  24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, golly.

Going back to our talk of LotR canon, I don't think there's anything in the universe that could mess it up quite as much as..... Well, see for yourself.

RC-1991 likes this.
  25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

instantdeath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.