main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Let's check the weather. I may end up walking into town, then.

Edit: Weather looks good for Sunday and Monday. Monday would be a better day as the buses run later.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It was alright. So far my favorite of the post-Avengers Marvel run. The only one where I really felt interested/invested enough to actually wonder what was going to happen.

IM feels oversaturated to me, and while I liked the first Thor ,the second Thor just... felt like it was missing something. In contrast, I feel like Cap 2 had something Cap 1 was missing.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'll just leave this here. If it is true and Disney is not going to allow cosplay of EU characters at "Official" events that could make for some really interesting drama. For years at the "official" events near where I live, like Star Wars in Concert, LFL has used to Mandalorian Mercs to help promote the events, photo ops for fans and general publicity in the media.

http://tosche-station.net/disney-prohibits-eu-characters-star-wars-weekend-motorcade/

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    This is from March, and from what I recall it isn't true -- IIRC it was a rule imposed by the 501st of that area that they wanted characters that were recognizable to a majority of SW fans, or something along those lines.

Edit: Yep. http://clubjade.net/?p=57224

Robimus likes this.
  5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Cool, glad to hear it.

6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    For all the talk of Wookieepedia being perhaps too inclusive, looking for obscure stuff from it is fun. Like this fellow. Note specially the behind the scenes section.

7. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    What's going to happen to Wookieepedia? Will it be split into a wiki for Legendsverse canon and a wiki for Disneyverse canon? Might be for the better if it is, less confusion that way.

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I would think that individual articles would have a legends section and disneyverse section.

Though, admitadly, this might make certain articles absurdly long, like Luke Skywalker.

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

A clear splitting of the Pedia would seem way clearer, as none of the new stuff will have had happend in Legends either.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Can I get you off the Legends topic for a minute?

I found these and thought of this forum, especially with the references to technical details of ships.

Are boys not reading because of women in publishing?

I understand the ****storm this has caused in the library and publishing universe because there are some of us women who actually like battles and some technical details. So it does come across as sexist.

Also I'm not sure the toning down of the violence has to do with the gender of people in the publishing industry so much as the (IMO false) idea that kids are too sensitive to handle certain levels of fictional violence.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think you just made my day.

FWIW, one of my sons reads, a lot. Currently the Percy Jackson series.

The other one will only read if you put a book about rocks or elements in his hands. Which is fine, I don't care, he's reading.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I quite liked the Percy Jackson books. For kids' books, they're very engrossing. Certainly more engrossing than rocks.

Although I guess I used to read about rocks when I was a kid, too.

15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You just like the Greek mythology. You'd find a rock with Zeus painted on engrossing.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You're just upset I read that entire series instead of Game of Kings :p

...also, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get a rock with Zeus painted on it, would you?

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I can do one better.

[​IMG]

Zeus as a rock.

CooperTFN likes this.
  18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Good God, I am at McCarren Airport after three plus days in Las Vegas for a bachelor party. I am tired, my body hurts, but at least I won $760 playing roulette!

I leave town for one weekend and suddenly the EU dies. Guess I can't travel anymore. :p

--Adm. Nick

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, so this is your fault? I knew there was something fishy going on here.

20. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    you guys i have now seen "the winter soldier" for the third straight weekend in a row, what is wrong with me

i think i need some kind of intervention yall

CooperTFN and darthscott3457 like this.
  21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    There is only one possible course of action.

[​IMG]

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ...Dammit, now I'm hungry.

23. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I don't even want to touch the Wook right now. Allow me to grieve.

Back to drowning my sorrows in videos of weird game consoles...

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How many official SW images exist that are homages to existing paintings and/or painters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.