main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Ugh, I need brainbleach now. And maybe some for my eyes as well.

Even Slaanesh wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot ...... tentacle .... thing.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You underestimate the perversion of Slaanesh

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Keep this up and the thread will need to be renamed to "Apropos of OH HELL."

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Or just locked and burned to the ground.

5. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    We can use the Spaceballs flame thrower do torch it with.

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    And, to think, some of you once had a problem with Otterlove...

This is just what intolerant speciesists get for oppressing others. [face_talk_hand]

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey, I always supported otterlove. This all began of because of Jar Jar Binks.

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Very excited, myself. I love almost any DC parallel 'verse story where real and tangible differences are present, and I'm just incredibly psyched to see more from Bruce Timm. The fact that they're also pitching this with multiple mini-sodes and a number of comics, both before and after the main movies itself, is great. I'm glad they're actually trying to do at least something to flesh out a new world that would have otherwise been left as a very promising one-off.

Also, yeah, I think it'd be great to see the Gods and Monsters-verse be a parallel fork of the mainline DCAU. Anything that expands on what was frankly one of the finest things to ever come out of the DC label is more than welcome in my book.

Wally's Justice League Flash is definitely one of the series' greatest highlights. But I also have to agree with Coop: JL/JLU's Hawkgirl was phenomenal, elevating a character that was honestly mediocre mid-tier previously, in my opinion, into a class-A standout with a profile high enough post-show that even though the current comic Hawkgirl was Kendra Saunders and not Shayera, the 2006 Justice League of America run couldn't help but to give Hawkgirl a slot on the team. John Stewart and The Question were both also extraordinarily elevated by the show's run, both in characterization—I absolutely adore the decision to make John a former Marine, and all of the comic characterization that's followed—and in sheer public awareness.

So I guess in summation, I'm terrible at these sorts of questions. They were all awesome. :p

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Where not John already an ex-marine in the comics?

10. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014

It's funny, Wally was also bar none one of the highlights and most popular characters in Young Justice to. Animated Wally West is apparently concentrated gold.

John Stewart is the reason I never knew any other Green Lantern, I always thought he was the original OG one when I was younger and when I saw Hal for the first time I said "But Green Lantern is Black!"

As for the Question, you mentioned expanding the DCAU, it still hurts me a little that there were talks for a Question spin off that never happened, it would have been amazing.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    John Steward is my favorite Green Lantern, and also probably my favorite character on both JL shows, followed closely by Green Arrow in JLA (his speech to Superman made me absolutely love the character). Hawkgirl and Flash probably tie for third.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  12. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    C'mon, you're forgetting the best one of them all, one of the only characters in any cartoon to consistently make me laugh out loud.

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't know, I always thought Question was weird. My perception of him would probably be a lot different now that I'm older, though.

14. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013

He's a conspiracy nut who's so crazy he loops right back around to being awesome, and he has some of my favorite lines from the entirety of JLU.

What's not to love?

Abadacus, cthugha, Contessa and 5 others like this.
  15. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Like I said, I still mourn that his spin off never got off the ground.

But his best moments were....

The Question: [approaching locked glass door]
    Fell in love again, what am I gonna tell-my-friends? It just happened, you walked in my door, now I don't want to be. Alone. No. More.[throws a potted plant through the glass]
    Oops. I've done it. Told you how I feeeel. Now I just have to hope, our love is reeeeal...
    Question(perusing Baskin-Robbins' secret files):"Aha! As I suspected: thirty-two flavors!"

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Cynical_Ben, oh, I have no doubt he's awesome. I haven't seen the series in like six years though, and I was like thirteen at the time and only the cool fighting characters interested me. I really need to give it another viewing since it's on Netflix.

17. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

"Do it!"

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    man you could at least use the right Palpatine scene :p

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Ben hasn't actually seen RotS. He didn't want us to tell you.

Random Comments likes this.
  20. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Justice League and JLU are the pinnacle of the DC universe, bar none.

21. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    For some reason it's insanely hard to find a screencap of that scene online, all I got were a bunch of memes with cartoon versions of Palpatine saying things like "Brew it", which I think come from this:

Linked for Language.

22. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Personally, feel

has more gravitas

and a scene accurate meme
    [​IMG]

23. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    APROPOS OF NOTHING

Terminator: Genisys

Haven't seen it yet, but given that you can't use the Internet after a major release without being spoiled, and as a big fan of the franchise in the nineties:
    There has been Terminator "EU" novels following T2, T3, and Salvation, and the T2 stuff was contradicted by T3, and the T3 stuff by Salvation (maybe? haven't read it), not to mention the multitude of comic books and awesome 90s PC games (AND ROBOCOP VS THE TERMINATOR), but it seems that Terminator: Genisys has essentially made all that stuff "canon" by introducing this concept of the whole franchise being in this massive multiverse which essentially means all that stuff "happened" in different universes created through time travel.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm a fan of the original movie with the Cyberdyne systems subplot added as a self contained causal loop.

24. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Didn't Sarah Connor Chronicles already do that

25. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    iunno

but I guess that's canon too now

also I guess people really hate Jai Courtney

they should have just cast Michael Biehn and de-aged him like Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. I mean why not they're already heavily reliant on CG.

and hopefully he's back in Alien 5

those DH sequels to Aliens before Alien 3 were awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.