main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Horse Pilot!

Kylun, Vthuil, Abadacus and 3 others like this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also of its not a one-off, you don't want a character schtick you'll tire of. I'd never tire of a pompous noble, but I might tire of other zany ideas I'd feel fun for a lark.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Abadacus likes this.
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Trip wins.

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

In terms of play, if you haven't had a chance to look over the book too much beforehand, then you actually have a rare advantage which can make for a great game if you play it right: You don't have paralysis from the rules. It's a very flexible game, and a good GM should be able to translate your actions into rolls for you, so there's no need to get stuck on your skills list while deciding what you want to do. Even if you wind up making a check with a skill you're no good at, it's still an incredibly fun game to botch a roll on because of the Advantage/Threat system (extra symbols on the dice which could create additional effects regardless of whether you succeed or fail). Combat gets more structured, but initiative order is quite flexible, so you'll often have other players coordinating and telling you when it's best to go.

I will say, if you compulsively check your character sheet for one thing, that thing should be Talents. Those are the things the GM will often miss unless you specifically remind him/prompt their use.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some SW art by

[​IMG]
    Interior illustration for Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars: Edge of the Empire supplement, "Mask of the Pirate Queen". Pictured is the Taleucema spaceport located on Saleucami (briefly seen in Revenge of the Sith).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    oh how i wish the Star Wars galaxy was real..regarding the first pic of course. The Trandoshan pic is rather unsettling

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Love the design on the chimera creature. Does the species have a name?

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  9. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    This is interesting, and funny*:
    Why is there no science of nerds?
    "Typing 'nerd' into Google Scholar brings up only a series of papers on desert plants by one Dr. A. Nerd, who must have had a very unpleasant childhood."

*EDIT: and wildly sexist. But for all its flaws, it's still a good research suggestion!

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I forgot to ad that the artist is Jacob Atienza, and are taken from his deviantart page http://jubjubjedi.deviantart.com/

11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
  13. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
  15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Channing Tatum is AWESOME. Did you need read his recent AMA? I will support that man wholeheartedly forever.

Kylun likes this.
  16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

I am pretty sure no one was interested in seeing it anyway, even without the studio not even remotely advertising it, or them with this just showing again how little confidence they have in it.

17. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Channing Tatum's great. He's in on it.

Also, I don't think it's possible to slag Chris Pine without looking butthurt, so I say refrain. I'm interested to see how he handles absurd comedy in the Wet Hot American Summer prequel series on Netflix this weekend. 40+ year old comedians playing younger versions of teenage characters they first played when they were 30+ (and also featured some hot lovin' between Michael Ian Black and a pre-fame Bradley Cooper)... Kinda can't lose.

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, I was gonna say--are we supposed to dislike Chris Pine for anything beyond his playing Kirk, because that's all I know about him.

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Having either a set of those funky dice that the FFG games use, or the dice app that replaces them, might be useful. I think the app is $4.99 on iOS.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Actually, I retract my statement--he was pretty funny in Into the Woods.

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]

23. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

That's so many actors' early careers, though. I'm not saying he won't be bad in Wonder Woman -- just that it won't be his fault. That blame I'd lay on the ol' Brothers Warner.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As always, WEG already thought of that. They're amazing.

You know what's also amazing? Windows 10. Edge is like IE, but competent and modern. And the Cortana digital assistant is wowing me. I've never had much use for Siri or any of that nonsense, but Cortana's deep integration into everything is giving me a real Star Trek vibe here. This isn't just a google parser here, Cortana can actually run commands in applications "open event viewer" "show me the wifi settings" "set a system restore point."

Heck, I can even say "play let it go" and she'll open up the music program, queue up the relevant song, and let it go. And I can verbally order pause, play, rewind, everything.

Revanfan1 and MercenaryAce like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.