main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Speaking of which, I'm doing yet another Wales game (In CK2plus, this time) and I'm a little frustrated that my carefully maintained alliance with William the Conqueror has been rendered obsolete by his overthrow by an Anglo-Saxon liberator.

On the other hand, it's nice that when I eventually do take the fight to England, it will be against the true enemy.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    No, it's definitely a three-legged Chinese demon toad that vomits money.

Gorefiend likes this.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I like that Saxons have hats now. I can properly discern the foe that way.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Edit:

AdmiralNick22 I think I found the best spot in the entire universe. It's right here: http://twitter.com/ClassicStarWars/status/627131663630241793/photo/1

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Until they all open fire anyway.

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Is that an Ewok Gilder next to the TIE and Shuttle all the way in the back?

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
  7. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    I've never heard of it but I need it.

CooperTFN likes this.
  8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    So they went from stories about guys with glowing swords to... stories about guys with glowing swords? Sweet.

Joking aside, this looks cool and I think I'll give it a go. I like anime and Asian stuff, and this has a very Asian feel to it.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I stumbled on the CBR preview by chance.

10. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm gonna read King Tiger just because the people working on it are the same ones that gave me my favorite Star Wars. BTW, this is not an ongoing series right?

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Dark Horse should spill the beans on their cancelled invasion storyline.

Revanfan1 and Zorrixor like this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Found this:
    http://www.newsarama.com/23953-king-tiger-dark-horse.html

4-issue mini for now, could be more if successful.

So, take the hint and buy it in either monthly or trade form - Dark Horse do pay attention to both. Plus this is a property they own.

spicer likes this.
  14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    There's a free tie-in "backup story" here.

Gorefiend and spicer like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So pretty. .... Sod it, just bought the trade via pre-buy for £8.59 at Book Depository.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, Randy refers to Milo as similar to a caddy, and now looking at that cover he's literally wearing a bag of weapons for Tiger. :p

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So...I'm watching Sense8. I saw that Ulicus posted about it in June but wasn't sure if anyone else got on board.

All the commentary I've seen says that it takes awhile to get going but it's only taken me a couple of episodes to really want to know what's going to happen. I like several main characters and I like suspense and this show is delivering.

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see what Randy and Doug have been working on!

spicer likes this.
  19. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Those are the short stories from last years Blackout right? Nice for making them available for free before the first issue comes out.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd expect them to be in the trade too as a nice, neat bundle.

starfish likes this.
  21. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Just read it. It's intriguing enough, so yeah, I'm definitely getting issue #1. At the very least it will be a very pretty comic.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Finally saw Ant Man. Quite enjoyed it. If they ever recast Firefly, I could see Paul Rudd as Mal.

Is that a cross-eyed Medusa in the back of the Kings Tiger picture? I can't unsee it.

23. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    So I'm thinking of writing something about Mortis and Freud and Anakin. Maybe.

cthugha likes this.
  24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    That exact same photo also exists with George Lucas in a fantastic book called "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The Best of the Lucasfilm Archive". My folks bought me the book probably over 15 years ago or more. Filled with great photos of the costumes, concept art, and models from all the movies. I always loved the photo with George, as he is literally surrounded by the capital ships & fighters I love.

I've actually seen all the models up close (ie, less than a three feet away). Back in the mid-1990's, there was an exhibit in San Francisco that literally had every major model, costume, and prop from all three Original Trilogy movies. I went with my parents, my younger brother, and two other families I grew up with.

Anyways, the exhibit was multi-story. I still vividly remember the starship room. Clustered together (behind plexi-glass) in groups were all those ships. Home One, Liberty, the Medical Frigate, Blockade Runner, Medium transport, ISD, Executor, etc. Plus the large model of the ISD bridge tower. And all the fighters were there too.

I'll never forget that day. Incidentally, it is also where I bought my very first Star Wars encyclopedia, the Guide to the Star Wars Universe, second edition. My single biggest fandom regret is giving away my thumbworn copy of that book in the late nineties when I went through a brief period of being over Star Wars. That book was my gateway into a larger world. It generated a thirst for Star Wars knowledge that continues to this day!

Sorry to bore you all with this story, that photo just brought back a lot of memories!!

--Adm. Nick

Zorrixor, Kylun and Abadacus like this.
  25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    He entered the exhibit just a boy...he emerged....Admiral Nick.

26. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Wait, what? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.