main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ARC- A Clone Wars Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Boba_Bunny_123, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Bunny_123

Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    Basically, this story came to mind when I saw the ARC clonetrooper figure. It spans the entire Clone Wars time period, so some of it will most likely be considered AU. Especially the ending. So, without further ado:

ARC. An elite clone unit. Personally trained by Jango Fett, the galaxy's most lethal bounty hunter. The Republic's most valuable military asset.

Shame they're about to switch sides.

CHAPTER ONE--The Meeting

Dooku's shuttle landed on the fourth moon of Bogden, for the second time. As the regal old man disembarked, his deep maroon robes blowing in the slight wind, a gruff voice traveled to his ears.

"Tyranus. Do we always have to speak here?"

"Safety first, Jango. Always safety first."

The bounty hunter stepped forward, his face hidden beneath his imposing helmet. That visage, Dooku knew, had been the last thing thousands of beings saw. A disturbing image, indeed. The silver and blue metals shone as though brand new. "So," Fett said, "you have the clones. What now?"

"Now, my friend," Dooku said, playing on every last bit of his charisma, "I need to ask a special favour of you. You see, my Master and I have plans for your army. He would like for you to train a group of your clones...personally."

"What kind of training?"

"Everything you know."

"What will you use them for?"

"You'll find out. Just train them, for now." Dooku spun on his heel, and returned to the solar sailer. Jango stared into the sky after it.

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    "You'll find out. Just train them, for now."

Stop askin the freakin questions and do yer job!

lordmaul13

3. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    CHAPTER TWO-The Setup

Count Dooku smoothly piloted his solar sailer into his Master's hangar, deep in the bowels of Coruscant. Darth Sidious called to him from the shadows. "Is is done?"

"Yes, Master. The soldiers will be trained."

"Good. Obi-Wan Kenobi is on his way to Kamino now. Your friend Jango is quite effective."

"Yes; so is Obi-Wan, I must admit, if he was able to track the dart."

"I assured you that he would be." Sidious grinned. "Now, he will report back, and the Senate will vote. I will be sure to sway the vote in our favour. Of course, Padmé Amidala's absence from the senate may play into our hands. That fool Gungan is easily manipulated. Perhaps he can allow for easier access to approval of an army."

"Are you saying..." Dooku trailed off.

"Exactly. Things are working very well for us, you can be sure of that. Until the next time we meet, my apprentice."

"Indeed, Master."

"There it is Arfour," Obi-Wan said. "Our missing planet. Kamino." He flicked a few switches. "Prepare for landing."

Obi-Wan let the droid handle most of the landing; he himself could barely see through the endless sheets. He pulled his cloak tightly around him as he exited the shuttle, using the Force to direct as much rain as possible away from himself. He took off at a brisk pace for the door.

To his surprise, he was greeted.

"Master Jedi, so good to see you." The creature was the palest of whites, with large brown eyes and an elongated neck. She almost resembled the late Yarael Poof, Obi-Wan thought, but these were definitely not Quermians. They were missing a set of arms, he chuckled to himself. He pulled the soaking hood from his face. "The Prime Minister expects you," she said in her serene, almost echoed voice.

"I'm expected?" Obi-Wan said, a bit taken aback. Were these Kaminoans psychic?

"Of course! He is anxious to meet you. After all these years, we were beginning to think you weren't coming."

"Beginning?" Obi-Wan muttered to himself.

"Please, this way."

He followed the alien down the bright white hallway. The whole thing was surreal. Obi-Wan began to wonder if he hadn't fallen asleep during the hyperspace trip.

"May I present Lama Su, Prime Minister of Kamino. Minister, this is Master Jedi..."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi," Obi-Wan finished for her."

"Thank you, Taun We," Lama Su said. "I trust, Master Jedi, that you will enjoy your stay here. We are most happy that you have arrived before the rainy season."

Obi-Wan looked slightly puzzled at the comment, then quickly regained his footing. "Yo make me feel most welcome."

"Please," Lama Su said, gesturing to the chair that had just dropped from the ceiling. "And now, to business. You will be delighted to hear that we are...on schedule. Two hundred thousand units are ready with well over a million on the way."

Trying to go with the flow, but shocked at the same time. All he could manage to say was, "That's--That's good news."

Lama Su continued, apparently not noticing Obi-Wan's uneasiness. "Please tell your Master Sifo-Dyas that we have every confidence hs order will be met on time and in full."

"Master Sifo-Dyas?" Obi-Wan repeated. "I'm sorry, but he was killed almost ten years ago."

"Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that. But i'm sure he would have been proud of the army we built for him."

"The army?"

"Yes, a clone army. And I must say, one of the finest we've ever created."

"Tell me, Prime Minister, when my Master first contacted you about the army, did he say who it was for?"

"Of course he did. This army is for the Republic."

AN: Excerpts from Attack of the Clones have been ADAPTED from the SCREENPLAY by GEORGE LUCAS AND JONATHAN HALE included in "The Art of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" by MARK COTTA VAZ. They HAVE NOT been PLAGIARIZED from the NOVELIZATION by R.A. SALVATORE.

4. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    The last post is finished.

5. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    That fool Gungan is easily manipulated.

Wouldn't it have been so much better if Qui Gonn had left him to Boss Nass?

lordmaul13

6. Boba_Bunny_123

Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    The training began. Jango had been offered fifty troops; he demanded ten. The training was tough, but not as rewardng for Jango. He could never break the clones. They had no spirit. They were, after all, him.

Since they could not be broken, however, he could push them even harder. If they messed up, they would die. If they didn't impress him, they would die.

When the training ended, there were four. Four, and Jango made five. The elite team they would send...Only four in number. Jango presented this to Dooku.

"Four? We're supposed to present the Republic with four and expect them to fall for it?!"

"They will suffice. The training has perfected them."

"You had better hope so."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.