main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arc Trooper question...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Blackout, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Heya folks,

So far, I've only been following the Clone Wars through the TV series (I know, I know... :p) so I apoligise if this is a dumba$$ question.

Have the names/numbers of any of the Arc Troopers been revealed yet? I know Clone Troopers have a number on the back of their helmets (not that I know the formatting of the number), I just wondered if any of the comics/novels had mentioned the Arc's in this way.

Cheers in advance,
    :) B.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, none of the ARCs in the cartoon specifically have a name.

However, an ARC in a Clone Wars comic series called "The Battle of Jabiim" is named "Alpha". He's really cool... Has a snappy attitude and downtalks the padawans and is a little sarcastic with Obi-Wan. ;) He's great! He's also in the single comic book "The Battle for Kamino".

Actually, I have never bought any other comics in my life besides these four books (4 Jabiim ones and the 1 Kamino book), and they're really cool! So, this is coming from a non-comic fanatic. Simply bought these comic books because I really like their little stories in the Clone Wars. They're really good. :D

So, a long-winded answer to your question is: No. None of the specific clones from the cartoons have a name, but some others (such as Alpha, or the clones in the Star Wars Insider short fiction) do have names.

3. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Have these comics been realesed in the UK yet? i know most of the novels havent

If they have does anyone know were i could get them from considering i have no way to get to the nearest comic shop (which is around 100 miles away)?

I really want to keep up with the Clone Wars, its the part of Star Wars im most intrested in since Anakin and Obi are my fav characters

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Have these comics been realesed in the UK yet? i know most of the novels havent

Yes they are, and the novels have been released too. You can get the the novels at Amazon, Borders, Ottakars, Forbidden Planet and Waterstones. The TPB's (which is a collected volume of comics) are avaliable at most of those places too.

As to the question, Genndy Tartakovsky (as reliable as he is [face_plain] ) says there are only around 12 ARCs.

5. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    //Amazon//

I only found two of the novels on there, and they wernt gunna be delivered till leter next month lol

Those shops you suggested are the ones that are 100 miles away lol, thanks though, i will check Amazon for the comics, any chance of the names of the collection?

thx for the help :)

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Just search for "Clone Wars" in books. You'll find them.

#1: Defence of Kamino
    #2: Victories and Sacrifices
    #3: Battle of Jabiim
    #4 (not out yet): Light and Dark

7. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks man :)

8. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Just made my mother a Banana Split for money, so im just ordered #1: Defence of Kamino and #2: Victories and Sacrifices ^_^

YAY!

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though none of the ARC Troopers in the cartoon have been named, I think we all hope that the one that took out the AAT tank was Alpha ::)

The ARC Troopers don't actually have names, just serial designations- in this case, Alpha-17. However, Anakin shortened that to Alpha.

Alpha is introduced in Clone Wars Volume 1, and also shows up in Volumes 2 and 3. He won't be in the upcoming Volume 4, but will be in the upcoming Volume 5.

You may find this thread's first post useful for future reference:

The Clone Wars TPB Resource Thread

10. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    a little sarcastic with Obi-Wan.

In my sig, i believe :D

He's also in the single comic book "The Battle for Kamino".

Dont forget, hes in graveyard moon and the origin of asjajj ventress :)

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    aka "The New Face of War" (found in Volume 2) and "Hate and Fear" (to be released in Volume 5).

::refuses to let those silly cover taglines that obscure the great cover art be confused with the real titles::

[face_batting]

12. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    There is also an entire thread devoted to ARC Troopers called The Official Alpha and ARC Trooper Thread. Its in the Lit forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.