main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arc Troopers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Chief_Of_State_James, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief_Of_State_James

Chief_Of_State_James Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
    Ok everyone riddle me this...all the clone troopers are clones of jango, meaning they would all be equal in strength power aging all that fun stuff, even though their DNA was changed to make them grow faster. So how can the ARC's be elite if they are all clones...and if there was some practical way of doing it, why not make all the troopers like that?

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "So how can the ARC's be elite if they are all clones..."

Specialized training. Just because they are the same person doesn't mean they all have the same skills. It's what they were trained to do. I'm sure their are clone cooks, medics, and commications people in the Army of the Republic because that's what they were trained to do.

They're all the same people, just different training. :)

As for the ARCs, they were specially trained by Jango himself. :)

3. Blackeagle

Blackeagle Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2003
    Actually, according to the OS, its not just their extra training from Jango. ARC troopers are also bred slightly differently from the other clones. "Though these troopers undergo growth acceleration like the standard clones, their docility and independence has not been at all altered."

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The ARC Troopers are exact clones of Jango, and have been trained by him. The regular clones have had growth acceleration and special genetic stuff to make them more docile and willing to take orders.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    The ARC's have growth acceleration too Tribolite, or else they would be 10 years old ;)

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    No, they're unaltered, or so I've read. I'll look up on it.

7. HanyBezem

HanyBezem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    They are all tained diffrently.
    ARC troops are personnaly trained by Jango Fett. Other troops are trained by Kamino instructers or Clone Generals.

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    ARC troops have a different mental structuring and training. The normal soldiers are trained to be more receptive of orders; the ARC troops are not.

9. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    The order for the clones was placed 10 years before AOTC, if the ARC's were unaltered, they would look 10 years old, like Boba.

Boba is the only 100% unaltered clone.

10. Chief_Of_State_James

Jan 5, 2003
    ahhh, thank you all, and now my new question is if they are all basically unaltered jango, other than teh growth acceleration why not have them train other clones...say jango trained 5...they could train another 5 and have 10 arcs...then those 10 could train another 10 and have 20 arcs...then 10 of the 20 can go to battle while the other 10 of teh 20 keep training new arcs...Hey it works out in my little mind! :p

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Nope. All ARC Troopers were trained by Jango. Jango also had an imput into their Armor design

12. Chief_Of_State_James

Jan 5, 2003
    Yes, but if you are a clone of someone and are trained by them, then you have pretty much the same skills...
    ...which is my point, theoretically, if the red arc kept training 2 arc troops then they could fill up 10 gunships in no time

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think so. There's a debate over whether a clone is everything down to personallity...

14. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    What if one ARC forgets one thing? Then the person he trains forgets another thing when training. Soon enough they are no longer elite.

Jango trained them as a group, I imagine their training never ended, just continued to go on until Jango's death.

15. Chief_Of_State_James

Jan 5, 2003
    but dont they not forget things? they had to have cloned them being smarter, and faster, and things like that
    ---------
    I Think That Was a ^^^Double Negative

16. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    The very first ARC's were personally trained by Jango Fett.

17. STG_Mudshark

STG_Mudshark Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Questions regarding ARC troopers for all to ponder:

1) are ARC troopers similar to officers and NCOs as in leadership positions/rank placement? Or are they similar to US Army Rangers, or Special Forces? However,It seems to me they're more like NCOs.

2).What is the achyronim ARC stand for.

I have only heard ARC used for the cartoon, I don't follow the New Republic comic book series.

18. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Advanced Recon Commando or Advanced Recon Clone.

They're actually experiments. The Kaminoans were afraid they'd be unstable so they kept them in stasis until Kamino was attacked. In desperation, the Kaminoans activated the ARC troopers

19. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    No, the ARCs would have to have been active before that. The ones on Kamino were probably the last to be 'released', because the ones in the series are awake, and the series takes place like 4 months before the comics.

20. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Trilobite, the Battle of Kamino takes place before the cartoons. The ARC's were first activated during that battle.

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Ah, you're right.

22. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Of course I'm right, I'm never wrong :p

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I just got the pair switched... so much Clone Wars knowledge in my head...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.