main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Archaeologists' Club* - digging up good stories from the history... :-)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mar17swgirl, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    One of my favourite stories and one I keep going back to read again and again is a round robin, mainly written by Jemmiah, but with other fantastic writers involved is;

A Night to (Almost) Remember

This is mostly humour, and is based around the concept of what would happen if a bunch of Jedi raised funds for the temple by going on a sponsored cantina crawl. A lot of embarassing and funny moments is the answer if this is to be believed! :)

I can remember sitting in an internet cafe with tears of laughter streaming down my face at one point!!!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ack! The story that made me laugh until I couldn't breathe every time i found a post!

3. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
  4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    :eek: I can't believe nobody's excavated Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten by padawan lunetta...that was one of the best ensemble stories I ever saw! Even though it was often weeks between posts, everybody was always thirsting and scrimping and pining for more.

5. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Thanks, I'd forgotten that the thread on the Beyond the Saga board for Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten was a repost from the Classic board.

6. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I had a radical idea..

Anyone ever thought of indexing the old threads that are locked in the Classic forum?

Two sections, complete and incomplete, and then break them into pairings and list them by date started/completed for easy finding?

Just a thought, I'd be game to give it a go if anyone wanted to help me... then we can solicit reviews, like here, from people who've read the stories...

Heck, even if no one wanted to help, I think it's a great idea. While a lot of these fics will be found in character indexes, they get passed by because there are so many new stories coming out.

Would give older, Classic threads a chance to be seen by newer readers who're looking for goodies to read on the classic forum...

My two cents.

Edit: Scratch the whole "Incomplete" part of that - there are too many :p I've already started to try and index those that are completed, the going is slow, but a lot of JA stuff from 99-01!

7. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack, almost everything 2000 and before is missing pieces... me thinks I'm going to just post the stuff I can tell isn't missing everything as a lot of it came over then the boards were moved last time...

Hopefully, this time there won't be any more problems of a similar type ;)

8. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    I hope so too.
    This story that I found, The Foolish and the Weak, is one of those stories where parts of posts have disappeared... But you still get the gist of it, and it is good!
    Basically its about Corran when he was growing up, plenty of Horn family goodness :D Yes, I love the Horn family

And then there's Death isn't Always Permanent by Leah-Beth.
    Corran/Mirax, set between Krytos Trap and Bacta War

~Misha

9. Maija_Darklighter

Maija_Darklighter Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2004
    Hm, I'm actually from those times when so many talented people wrote wonderful stories that's... now old and locked up.

One I can think of in which I can actually remember the author's name.

"Recreating a Jedi" by Lwyn`nya Kenobi (i hope I'm right) That story made me cry and also "Dawning Apocalypse" in which to my knowlege, she never finished it.

Then of course... "Lightsaber and Baby Bottles" I and II by JediJane I think? Absoultly hilarious and a must to check out for anyone! its about Obi-wan when he's a baby and there's series of hiliarous event in which Obi-wan get in trouble (especially with Yoda... and his munchkin boxer.)

I only come back to JC once in Blue Moon now. It still nice to see some people from back when I was active. :)

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Pushing this back up...

Obi-Wan's Shotgun Wedding by Jane Jinn.
    Obi-Wan gets forced into a marriage. The wedding night is hilarious. [face_laugh]

Fitting In by Kit'.
    The trilogy about the Force-less son of two Jedi. It's a wonderful trilogy!!!

Lightsabers and Babybottles by Mekial.
    The infamous story of Obi-Wan as the mayhem he caused in the temple.

:D

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What a lovely thread to bring back up. Funny, I was just ging through the Classic's board to find a particular story and it brought back such wonderful memories just looking though the thread titles. :D :D

12. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *chuckle* I can't believe how many stories are in that Classic forum!

Makes me appreciate that we now have 3 seperate forums!

and I swear I -am- working on indexing the Classic board - it's just time consuming ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.